NBA Playoff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bendit wrote: View Post
    Why the cold shoulder? Is it b/c of Harden being traded?
    It's because of #LureKD2016
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Why the cold shoulder? Is it b/c of Harden being traded?
      Because i was a Sonics fan growing up. It still disgusts me that they moved that great franchise to OKC.

I don't know if anyone here know the story. The Sonics got screwed by that two faced bastard Oklahoma businessman Clay Bennett who lied after he bought the team that he'd make an honest effort of keeping the team in Seattle and had no intentions of moving them. After coming up with INTENTIONALLY terrible and expensive plan for new arena that of course got shot down, he moved the team to OKC.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Anyone notice the fouls and ft throws it was like 20-0 fts in favor of okc in a quarter.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Because i was a Sonics fan growing up. It still disgusts me that they moved that great franchise to OKC.

I don't know if anyone here know the story. The Sonics got screwed by that two faced bastard Oklahoma businessman Clay Bennett who lied after he bought the team that he'd make an honest effort of keeping the team in Seattle and had no intentions of moving them. After coming up with INTENTIONALLY terrible and expensive plan for new arena that of course got shot down, he moved the team to OKC.
          I dont pretend to know the details regarding that move...but shouldn't Stern have been more forceful/hands on regarding what went down in Seattle. By all accounts they had a terrific fan base there. The NBA seemed to be so much more involved in the Kings arena issues somuchso that Seattle got "screwed" again re getting a team. I do sympathize however with the rank & file tax payer in the community though who seemed to be anti footing a bill for the new facility. They said "no". If Bennett was nefarious in his arena plans Stern should have stepped in imo. All in all too bad Seattle lost the team but it seems the NBA recognizes the error and will probably give them a franchise soon.

Comment

I dont pretend to know the details regarding that move...but shouldn't Stern have been more forceful/hands on regarding what went down in Seattle. By all accounts they had a terrific fan base there. The NBA seemed to be so much more involved in the Kings arena issues somuchso that Seattle got "screwed" again re getting a team. I do sympathize however with the rank & file tax payer in the community though who seemed to be anti footing a bill for the new facility. They said "no". If Bennett was nefarious in his arena plans Stern should have stepped in imo. All in all too bad Seattle lost the team but it seems the NBA recognizes the error and will probably give them a franchise soon.
            OKC stood in for New Orleans while NO was going through Hurricane Katrina, and OKC did a marvelous job as a temporary NBA home. Stern lauded them on several occasions. Actually making a statement along the lines of "we'll come back as soon as we can".
            I can almost guarantee that that move was financially motivated.
            Last edited by Joey; Mon May 26, 2014, 03:49 PM.

Comment

• bosh is going ham. Good for him.

I miss 1st round already....
              Last edited by rocwell; Mon May 26, 2014, 09:23 PM.

Comment

• Like a BOSH!
                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Heat going to he finals.

Comment

• Mama there goes that man!

LEBRON JAMES!!!!
                    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Mama there goes that man!

LEBRON JAMES!!!!
                      It should be Mama there goes that James!

LeBron is not human.

Comment

• Awesome series... :boring:

Comment

• Did George passed concussion test?.. He just said he outplayed Heat tonight.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            Did George passed concussion test?.. He just said he outplayed Heat tonight.
                            Yeah....I think Indy is showing their "weakness"...They want to be big boys so badly they're talking more shit than they should, and not doing the talking where it matters: on the court.

Stephenson saying LeBron responding to trash talk is showing weakness? Are you fucking kidding me?

George claiming they outplayed them? Right....outplayed them at failing.....

Stop pretending you're a championship calibre team and prove you are. These chest-beating attempts in the media are pathetic, and to me show that they're probably much more insecure than they're trying to let on.

Comment

• Miami in five!

Comment

• I think Vogel is out after the series. I read today where half the team starting with George are blaming the refs for the loss. That Vogel cannot control his team leadership from making such statements is a big problem. Every team has a ref problem especially when playing the Heat, in Miami, in the playoffs. Let your management take care of that stuff. The Pacers havent been ready for prime time since the playoffs began so all this teeth gnashing is a bit rich. I think the Raps could have matched up well with them this year. A Spurs - Heat series would be great and better with the Spurs taking it.

Comment

Working...
                                X