Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 47 of 47

Thread: Paul Millsap

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    If you think you can get Millsap for one of Amir or Fields (seriously?) and a protected 1st than I don't know what to say to you. No that wouldn't be a mistake unless you're the GM of ATL. That's not happening. If the Raps were to trade for Millsap it would take Derozan IMO. And that would be a mistake given Millsap will have only a single year commited to the club.

    As for Love, it would take even more to get him out of Minny than Millsap out of ATL. Whether it's actually possible is irrelevant to the idea that a trade would be a mistake. Again, he has the option to leave after a season, so why give up many assets for a season rental? Either of these guys would be bad to trade for simply because of their contract situations and impending free agency.
    "As for Love, it would take even more to get him out of Minny than Millsap out of ATL" is exactly what I meant by "almost impossible". To acquire Love, Raps. would have to give up a few GOOD picks in addition to a very good player or two. To give up all this for Love's services for 'one year' would not be worth it and will cause the Raptors to decide against it.

    It may take more than my suggested trade to acquire Millsapp but it certainly won't take Derozan. Derozan's worth on a team and around the league is more than Millsapp. I don't think a team would even do it for an unprotected pick.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post

    It may take more than my suggested trade to acquire Millsapp but it certainly won't take Derozan. Derozan's worth on a team and around the league is more than Millsapp. I don't think a team would even do it for an unprotected pick.
    Really? I think if a trade were explored, the Raps would have to give up DD, or at least some combo of good young players like Patterson and Ross or Vasquez, something like that. I would imagine Millsap's value is as high, if not higher, than Demar's, but you could be right...alot of factors come into play when trying to determine a players value.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Both Love and Millsap are free agents.Try NYK for a trade involving a guy entering free agency.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    Really? I think if a trade were explored, the Raps would have to give up DD, or at least some combo of good young players like Patterson and Ross or Vasquez, something like that. I would imagine Millsap's value is as high, if not higher, than Demar's, but you could be right...alot of factors come into play when trying to determine a players value.
    A combo of Patterson, Ross or Vasquez along with picks sounds reasonable. As far as Demar's value is concerned, as you say many factors come into play. I personally prefer Millsap over Demar and therefore value him higher. That's the fan in me speaking. Market value however, is determined by other factors. When you put yourself in the GM's shoes, Demar 'at this time' is a solid chip to have. A borderline superstar with unquestionable work ethics at only 10 mil. a season should draw GM's to the phone in an instant. I think Ujiri should look into it.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,315
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
    A combo of Patterson, Ross or Vasquez along with picks sounds reasonable. As far as Demar's value is concerned, as you say many factors come into play. I personally prefer Millsap over Demar and therefore value him higher. That's the fan in me speaking. Market value however, is determined by other factors. When you put yourself in the GM's shoes, Demar 'at this time' is a solid chip to have. A borderline superstar with unquestionable work ethics at only 10 mil. a season should draw GM's to the phone in an instant. I think Ujiri should look into it.
    I agree with this, but I wonder why you think Derozan would have more value around the league than Millsap? Millsap is a very versatile big man, a stretch 4 with a post game. I guess the SG position is thinner than the PF spot, but other than that I can't really think of a reason why Demar may be more valuable or would garner more interest from league GM's.

  6. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
  7. #46
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    848
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I agree with this, but I wonder why you think Derozan would have more value around the league than Millsap? Millsap is a very versatile big man, a stretch 4 with a post game. I guess the SG position is thinner than the PF spot, but other than that I can't really think of a reason why Demar may be more valuable or would garner more interest from league GM's.
    The one thing that most GM's are in search of is a "Franchise player". Is Millsap a Franchise player? He's a very able PF who can make a significant contribution to a team but is by no means a Franchise player. Is Demar one? I guess the same can be said about him only he plays a different position. The difference though is that considering the upward strides Demar has made year after year. he show's more promise and potential of becoming a player who can carry a team on his shoulders than Millsap who has probably reached his ceiling. This IMO tips the scale in Demars favour and is therefore sought after more than Millsap. Does all this mean that he will one day be such a player? Time will tell but he show's more promise.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

  8. #47
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,512
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I agree with this, but I wonder why you think Derozan would have more value around the league than Millsap? Millsap is a very versatile big man, a stretch 4 with a post game. I guess the SG position is thinner than the PF spot, but other than that I can't really think of a reason why Demar may be more valuable or would garner more interest from league GM's.
    demar is younger, im guessing that puts a lot of stock in gms minds
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •