No announcement yet.

Masai Ujiri on Fan590 (Apr.21/14) & $25k fine from NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you say stuff like that and then you lose.... that's embarrassing...

Comment

Why hasn't deron Williams heard from the league after his terrible flop? They should crack down on these things during playoffs, not slack off and focus on what the GM's are saying

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        RR should start a 1$ collection drive for MU at the ACC before game 2. Bet they'd come close to the 25G. That should get tongues wagging in Brooklyn....in effect a big FU from the fans here.
        You are not serious, you think fans should pay MU's fine? This isn't donating to cancer research. I bet $1 means as to me as $25,000 does to MLSE. They just jacked up ticket prices, and do you even have a cable, phone or internet bill from Bell/Rogers? They are milking fans like dairy cows, and you think we should help pay their fines?

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
          Why hasn't deron Williams heard from the league after his terrible flop? They should crack down on these things during playoffs, not slack off and focus on what the GM's are saying
          Apparently ESPN showed another angle and he actually did get hit. Ichavent seen it myself but thats what all the brooklyn fans were saying.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
            Apparently ESPN showed another angle and he actually did get hit. Ichavent seen it myself but thats what all the brooklyn fans were saying.
            Ohh i see. God damn tsn trying to make us hate d-will even more with those biased replays

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              You are not serious, you think fans should pay MU's fine? This isn't donating to cancer research. I bet $1 means as to me as $25,000 does to MLSE. They just jacked up ticket prices, and do you even have a cable, phone or internet bill from Bell/Rogers? They are milking fans like dairy cows, and you think we should help pay their fines?
              I believe you (as others) have missed the point. I was addressing solidarity with, team spirit and other sports cliches while you are focused on opposition to a semi serious tongue-in-cheek suggestion....because MLSE is "milking" you? It must then pain you much to support the Raptors by watching their games on tv (watching the ads their games spew) and possibly buying paraphenalia etc. btw, the suggestion/contribution was voluntary as every other act we as fans perform in pursuit of following this team.

MU clearly had a brain fart and should have expressed himself differently. Even the fine was clearly a change of mind. Perceived or not he was referring to the Nets positioning themselves to play the Raptors over the Bulls. That has nothing to do with the price of hot dogs in the ACC.

Comment

Brain fart? It was a great decision. The fine doesn't change that.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

RR should start a 1$ collection drive for MU at the ACC before game 2. Bet they'd come close to the 25G. That should get tongues wagging in Brooklyn....in effect a big FU from the fans here.
                  Actually thought Masai should just keep quiet and let players play the games.

He's trying to take the pressure off the team but it has now grown out of proportion and raps are looking like rank amateurs with all the trash "talk".

Let your teams play speak. That's all that matters.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
                    Actually thought Masai should just keep quiet and let players play the games.

He's trying to take the pressure off the team but it has now grown out of proportion and raps are looking like rank amateurs with all the trash "talk".

Let your teams play speak. That's all that matters.
                    That's on Casey and the players. Win a frickin' basketball game, and give the media something important to talk about.

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                      He barely got nicked (even on those replays). Yes, ok it was a foul, yes he definitely sold it. Something the good guys should learn to do too. That fourth q was brutal from a fouls called perspective.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
                        He barely got nicked (even on those replays). Yes, ok it was a foul, yes he definitely sold it. Something the good guys should learn to do too. That fourth q was brutal from a fouls called perspective.
                        Yeah I know he did the swinging the head back thing that everyone does. Not worth a fine for flopping in my opinion, maybe a warning.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                          Brain fart? It was a great decision. The fine doesn't change that.
                          I am generally not in favour of premeditated acts designed to manipulate an outcome. It tends to backfire. If he wanted to fire up the team or take the pressure off what do you think the pressure is on them tonight?. Fuck is still a very visceral word to be used so publicly and by an individual in his position. He could have used a different term....

Comment

I am generally not in favour of premeditated acts designed to manipulate an outcome. It tends to backfire. If he wanted to fire up the team or take the pressure off what do you think the pressure is on them tonight?. Fuck is still a very visceral word to be used so publicly and by an individual in his position. He could have used a different term....

Yeah, he should have said "gosh darn that silly Brooklyn team" the message would be the exact same.

I dont think u get it.
                            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Fine with Masai's Fine

So the whole roll out of this was weird. It was reported by both ESPN and SI that he would only receive a warning for his F Brooklyn comments. Then later it was announced he gets $25k fine from the NBA.

So here's my theory, the NBA was going to simply warn him, which makes sense since there isn't really a history of the NBA fining people for comments made outside of post-game, pre-game, in-game comments unless it's about the referees. Since Masai has no record of incident, there was enough logic to carry "just a warning". Then the NBA office started to count the Executive of the Year ballots, and realized that Masai is going to win, so they changed their minds.

That's my theory until proven otherwise.
                              Last edited by Axel; Tue Apr 22, 2014, 12:47 PM.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Visceral is exactly what he was going for and what he was hoping to inspire. Not sure if that counts as manipulating an outcome, more of helping along an outcome.

But anyway, it's all been blown out of proportion. I can't see how people think it will backfire. If it gets the fans more pumped it's a good thing. If it gets the players more pumped (less likely) then it's a good thing. If the Raptors lose does it look (to some people) a tiny bit silly? Maybe, but who fucking cares? If they lose to Brooklyn what matters is they lost, not what was said before the first game. Like MU said, it's an attitude we/they have to have. Some people are already basically apologizing for it. What exactly are you afraid of?
                                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Working...
                                X