• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

raptors999 wrote: View Post
    25,000 loonies

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    100,000 quarters
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

How many coffee cans for 100,000 quarters

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        100,000 quarters
        Nah, we should pay with 99,999 quarters. With a note saying 'Your officials took the last quarter off, so we're doing the same.'

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
          I believe you (as others) have missed the point. I was addressing solidarity with, team spirit and other sports cliches while you are focused on opposition to a semi serious tongue-in-cheek suggestion....because MLSE is "milking" you? It must then pain you much to support the Raptors by watching their games on tv (watching the ads their games spew) and possibly buying paraphenalia etc. btw, the suggestion/contribution was voluntary as every other act we as fans perform in pursuit of following this team.

MU clearly had a brain fart and should have expressed himself differently. Even the fine was clearly a change of mind. Perceived or not he was referring to the Nets positioning themselves to play the Raptors over the Bulls. That has nothing to do with the price of hot dogs in the ACC.
          Totally agree. Was going to start a thread about this. Sure, neither Masai or MLSE needs the money but I think it would be an amazing fan support thing to crowdsource the 25K. He speaks for us, we have his back. Don't give if you're offended. How do we get this done?

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
            Visceral is exactly what he was going for and what he was hoping to inspire. Not sure if that counts as manipulating an outcome, more of helping along an outcome.

But anyway, it's all been blown out of proportion. I can't see how people think it will backfire. If it gets the fans more pumped it's a good thing. If it gets the players more pumped (less likely) then it's a good thing. If the Raptors lose does it look (to some people) a tiny bit silly? Maybe, but who fucking cares? If they lose to Brooklyn what matters is they lost, not what was said before the first game. Like MU said, it's an attitude we/they have to have. Some people are already basically apologizing for it. What exactly are you afraid of?

Me? I want the team to beat the pants off the Nets. This has been a distraction so far. I believe the distraction puts unnecessary pressure on at least some of the players seeing as how the Nets have some of the champ smack talkers on their team who tend to back up their trash. "Who cares?"...why hasnt MU stopped profusely apologizing since that very bold "pre-meditated" statement? That is embarassing... he isn't shrugging it off is he?

You are right on the blowing out of proportion. The sentiment was great but I stand by the he made a wrong choice of word.

Comment

octothorp wrote: View Post
              Nah, we should pay with 99,999 quarters. With a note saying 'Your officials took the last quarter off, so we're doing the same.'
              Omg that is gold
              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

jacobdr4 wrote: View Post
                Apparently ESPN showed another angle and he actually did get hit. Ichavent seen it myself but thats what all the brooklyn fans were saying.
                D Will ran face first in to an elbow from the angle I saw. His own fault, the player who he ran in to wasn't even facing the play.

Bad call.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                  Not sure how many Jay Z fans we have here, but it was too fitting to not do. Doesn't hurt that they're pretty much doppelgangers.

Him and Kyle Lowry can be shopped into a few album covers, but this was more topical.

Fuck jay z and his Brooklyn nets

Until the series's is over, no mentions about jay z unless they are insults. Drake ftw
                  I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

This thread is whack.....

FUCK BROOKLYN

About time a toronto player/ manager/owner stood the fuck up for this city and for a team here.

Canadians and our ridiculous holier than thou need to always be polite kinda makes me wanna vomit. In two words.....two syllables, Masai basically said about 4 paragraphs about how this city and franchise choose to move forward. Unapologetic, and without the boring, canadian ass kissing you see so much.

Fuck Brooklyn indeed...... and guess what, it worked.

Comment

CT2010 wrote: View Post
                      D Will ran face first in to an elbow from the angle I saw. His own fault, the player who he ran in to wasn't even facing the play.

Bad call.
                      Are you actually taking that side? 95 % of refs see someone get hit with an elbow they are gonna blow that whistle. Doesn't matter if the contact was incidental. It's still an elbow.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

FUCK BROOKLYN

About time a toronto player/ manager/owner stood the fuck up for this city and for a team here.

Canadians and our ridiculous holier than thou need to always be polite kinda makes me wanna vomit. In two words.....two syllables, Masai basically said about 4 paragraphs about how this city and franchise choose to move forward. Unapologetic, and without the boring, canadian ass kissing you see so much.

Too early to tell if it worked. Those 2 words potentially made the Barclay's Center louder.

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post

FUCK BROOKLYN

If by stand up for us, you mean 'act like a mouthy, annoying 17 year old', then sure, he stood up for us.

I like Masai, but that was lame.
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

You either get it or you don't.

You don't.

I can't help you.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                              If by stand up for us, you mean 'act like a mouthy, annoying 17 year old', then sure, he stood up for us.

I like Masai, but that was lame.
                              Lame it was not. It showed a type of attitude that Canadians and their fan-bases lack, and that's a willingness to stand up to your opponent who disrespects you, mouth off and not back down. It's taken off into a kind of a rally cry, which is awesome and bizarre.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                                Lame it was not. It showed a type of attitude that Canadians and their fan-bases lack, and that's a willingness to stand up to your opponent who disrespects you, mouth off and not back down. It's taken off into a kind of a rally cry, which is awesome and bizarre.
                                It was a complete lack of class.

I don't see American GMs saying "Fuck this team, fuck that team". I've never seen any GM do it. This isn't a Canadian vs. American thing. This isn't a 'Canadians are too polite' thing. It has nothing to do with that.

It made Masai look and sound like a child.
                                "Stop eating your sushi."
                                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X