Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK Seriously, What On Earth is Happening to this Team?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK Seriously, What On Earth is Happening to this Team?

WOW .... this is absolutely disgusting. No excuses at all. We just have no heart as a team. I simply don't know what to think, but its really hard watching this so called effort right now.

Is "outgooded" a word? The Raptors were outgooded.

They were outgooded in every aspect of the game. Even when the Raptors play defence according to our brilliant defensive system, and play it well, we still got outgooded.

Comment

What's happening is that the skeptics like Dave Berri, John Hollinger and the rest of them were right about this team. They were unnecessarily overrated.

Most of the players on this team are average-to-below-average offensive role players (scrubs). This team needs more defensive rebounding, more perimeter defense and less Jose Calderons and Andrea Bargnanis.

Comment

i cant believe i posted that this team was going to make the playoffs rather easily a month ago
        i guess that happens when you drink the kool-aid
        good thing im off that now
        The effort cant even be called effort, its just lazy-fat-shitty-disgusting-basketball

UGH!!!!!

Comment

The sad part is that there have been so many of these nights that this one doesn't even feel THAT bad. I mean, it sucks, but it's not like we didn't see this coming. The effort hasn't been good on this team in three years and that's not an exaggeration.

Comment

typical toronto team, they start getting on a roll and it ends up being to good to be true.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I think its time for these men to stop and look in the mirror. It's their fault now. Jay can't be their fall guy if they're too lazy to even act like they give a damn..

Comment

I hope the CBA gets changed to give teams the ability to just cut a player if they are not putting out. Its ridiculous that there is no hammer when someone is guaranteed big money and essentially holds a whole franchise up becuase he is drugging it or outofshape or madatthecoach etc etc. Iam all for worker's rights and the May Day festivities but some pro athletes are just not very honorable people...no different from the rank & file I suppose.

Comment

Some teams just aren't good. Theres no way to sugar-coat it. Theres no such thing as "under-achieving", if you can't consistantly win, you just plain old aren't good.
                  "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Just goes to show you how one or two good drafts can transform a team much better then trading half of the team away.

Comment

The leader must go down with his ship!

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I think its time for these men to stop and look in the mirror. It's their fault now. Jay can't be their fall guy if they're too lazy to even act like they give a damn..
                      I think you are heavily under estimating how important a coach is in the NBA. To lose by 20 points consistantly to me means that you are being outcoached. I like Jay but I think he is an assisstant not a Head coach. I really dont think he has the ability to motivate the group of men and impress on them the importance of doing the right things game in and game out. Jay and his staff can prepare for a team when they have 2or 3 days, but making in game changes is where the game is lost. 3rd quarter draughts explain my point perfectly. The Raptors need a coach that will demand that the right shot selection and not say its ok. Demand Boxing out on the defensive end and not say its ok. A few players need to leave practice early out of frustration, its all apart of raising the bar of expectations.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I hope the CBA gets changed to give teams the ability to just cut a player if they are not putting out. Its ridiculous that there is no hammer when someone is guaranteed big money and essentially holds a whole franchise up becuase he is drugging it or outofshape or madatthecoach etc etc. Iam all for worker's rights and the May Day festivities but some pro athletes are just not very honorable people...no different from the rank & file I suppose.
                        Yeah, this is what I like about the NFL. If you're no preforming they can cut you on the spot and the only thing the team is on the hook for is the signing bonus. The NBA could use something like this. Do you job, you're safe. Don't do your job and you probably won't last.

Comment

On a positive note, it was a pleasure watching a real franchise player play this game in the NBA. Would you trade Kobe for Kevin Durant? How about King James? Exactly - we wouldn't BUT after that the names are much harder to find. For example, would you trade CB4 for Kevin Durant. Yes, in a heartbeat. Toronto's last super star was Vince Carter and it could be a while before we see another like him except when the OKC comes to town. Me? I'm moving to Oklahoma, man.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            WOW .... this is absolutely disgusting. No excuses at all. We just have no heart as a team. I simply don't know what to think, but its really hard watching this so called effort right now.
                            Raps rarely play well if Bosh is off his game and Bosh has not played well since his return.

Raptors are fragile - it takes very little to throw off the whole team.

Of course if Bosh starts playing like before the All-Star break - the team will win!
                            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

2mrw2day wrote: View Post
                              I think you are heavily under estimating how important a coach is in the NBA. To lose by 20 points consistantly to me means that you are being outcoached. I like Jay but I think he is an assisstant not a Head coach. I really dont think he has the ability to motivate the group of men and impress on them the importance of doing the right things game in and game out. Jay and his staff can prepare for a team when they have 2or 3 days, but making in game changes is where the game is lost. 3rd quarter draughts explain my point perfectly. The Raptors need a coach that will demand that the right shot selection and not say its ok. Demand Boxing out on the defensive end and not say its ok. A few players need to leave practice early out of frustration, its all apart of raising the bar of expectations.
                              FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Think about what kind of competitor Jay Triano was as a player. Think about how fiery he was as the head coach of Team Canada (and Simon Fraser).

Think about the kind of competitive fire and passion and commitment it takes to be a Top 10 scorer in the history of the NBA. Think about Hall of Famer Alex English.

Think about the edge that Marc Iavaroni played with and the rabid intensity he displayed/displays on the sidelines in Phoenix, Memphis, and now Toronto.

Think about Alvin Williams - a man who once said he'd "die on the court" if that's what it took. Think about how respected he is amongst fans of the Raptors for his heart and dedication.

Now once you've thought about all of that ... now tell me if you "blame" the COACHES for the funk Toronto has been in since the All-Star break. Tell me if the onus isn't on the players more than anybody else to get this thing turned around and play with the traits of their coaching staff on a nightly basis.
                              Eric Smith's Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X