X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Didn't look like it to me. Acc was packed

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    I was there and in the really good to greats seats at tipoff there was, and there always will be, empty seats. Rich people don't show up on time. On top of that when your team has gone to the Finals 3 years in a row the 1st round doesn't mean that much.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      I was there and in the really good to greats seats at tipoff there was, and there always will be, empty seats. Rich people don't show up on time. On top of that when your team has gone to the Finals 3 years in a row the 1st round doesn't mean that much.
      I'm talking like visible emptiness in most sections in the lower level. I don't think we're that far apart on what we're saying, just that I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the stands in Miami. They were visibly emptier than every other arena I've seen in these playoffs...and I don't think winning a lot is a good excuse.

Comment

Barkley interview with Tim and Sid is up. http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/

Comment

ogi wrote: View Post
          Barkley interview with Tim and Sid is up. http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/
          Here's a direct link (4 when Sportsnet link disappears)

http://pmd.fan590.com/audio_on_deman...-Interview.mp3

Comment

'Twas nice hearing Chuck big us up tonight on Inside The NBA. That Kenny fool and Shaq are starting to come around too.

Barkley was like "enough NBATV games!" haha He ain't gospel, but he is well known and outspoken, so people are listening!

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
              'Twas nice hearing Chuck big us up tonight on Inside The NBA. That Kenny fool and Shaq are starting to come around too.

Barkley was like "enough NBATV games!" haha He ain't gospel, but he is well known and outspoken, so people are listening!
              Hahah I love how he was saying "we". He is part of the team now lol.

Comment

I have a feeling Chuck actually follows the Raptors. Because he is usually bang on about his analysis. Unlike Kenny and obviously Shaq.

The other night he mentioned that he thinks the Raptors are going to be a tougher matchup for the Heat.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

To be honest I don't think he really means that we''ll be tougher for the Heat, because Nets are just a better matchup for them and its obvious.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                    To be honest I don't think he really means that we''ll be tougher for the Heat, because Nets are just a better matchup for them and its obvious.

It's not obvious on paper. We have better bigs to utilize against them. That has been shown to be the best way to beat the Heat.

However I don't think the Raps do a good enough job involving their bigs, nor does Casey tend to force the issue and often ends up reacting to matchups.

The Nets have to beat the Heat at their own game. And I think they're a bit overconfident from their regular season success.

*Generally in the playoffs, it can be helpful to play a contrasting style and then it's a battle of wills to impose that style on the games.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 09:46 PM.

Comment

It's not obvious on paper. We have better bigs to utilize against them. That has been shown to be the best way to beat the Heat.

However I don't think the Raps do a good enough job involving their bigs, nor does Casey tend to force the issue and often ends up reacting to matchups.

The Nets have to beat the Heat at their own game. And I think they're a bit overconfident from their regular season success.
                      Celtics never really had a big man to utilize against the Heat, they had Garnett and it worked out pretty well. We don't have much scoring options where as the Nets have Deron, Joe, Pierce, sometimes Garnett and Anderson. + their experiences with the Heat (Pierce & Garnett) will be a factor, the Nets also have more options to stop LeBron, or maintain him, a little? Our best wing defender is Landry or Ross, they can use AK47, Anderson, Pierce & Joe.

Comment

Celtics never really had a big man to utilize against the Heat, they had Garnett and it worked out pretty well. We don't have much scoring options where as the Nets have Deron, Joe, Pierce, sometimes Garnett and Anderson. + their experiences with the Heat (Pierce & Garnett) will be a factor, the Nets also have more options to stop LeBron, or maintain him, a little? Our best wing defender is Landry or Ross, they can use AK47, Anderson, Pierce & Joe.

I don't know what kind of comparison that is....They played the Heat well in one series. They also lost in 5 games the year before that.

And the Nets don't have anyone to guard LeBron....AK, Anderson, Pierce and Johnson can't guard DeMar one-on-one (the trap is what killed DeMar last game) and LeBron is a much much better player than DeMar.

I don't know, I think the Nets really are overconfident. I don't think they have a good chance against Miami. That said, I don't think Toronto does either, but I do think we have the kind of pieces you need to force Miami to struggle with matchups. The Nets can maybe outshoot Miami and make it a series, but I don't htink it's a series they have a prayer of winning.

Comment

I don't know what kind of comparison that is....They played the Heat well in one series. They also lost in 5 games the year before that.

And the Nets don't have anyone to guard LeBron....AK, Anderson, Pierce and Johnson can't guard DeMar one-on-one (the trap is what killed DeMar last game) and LeBron is a much much better player than DeMar.

I don't know, I think the Nets really are overconfident. I don't think they have a good chance against Miami. That said, I don't think Toronto does either, but I do think we have the kind of pieces you need to force Miami to struggle with matchups. The Nets can maybe outshoot Miami and make it a series, but I don't htink it's a series they have a prayer of winning.
                          I'm talking about when The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games, which was one of the best series I've ever watched.

& yeah, no one does, but I rather have the Nets' defensive options, than the Raptors'. And Pierce & Garnetts passion of hate towards the Heat might be a factor, might.

I don't know either but I do agree that the Nets are over confident, if they played correctly they could've had the series lead right now.

At the end of the day, agree to disagree. I just think the Nets have a better chance at facing the Heat, Nets just have more options than we do, we don't even use JV.

Comment

I'm talking about when The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games, which was one of the best series I've ever watched.

& yeah, no one does, but I rather have the Nets' defensive options, than the Raptors'. And Pierce & Garnetts passion of hate towards the Heat might be a factor, might.

I don't know either but I do agree that the Nets are over confident, if they played correctly they could've had the series lead right now.

At the end of the day, agree to disagree. I just think the Nets have a better chance at facing the Heat, Nets just have more options than we do, we don't even use JV.

Imagine how hostile and angry the acc will be when we play Miami in the second round. Boshs return to Toronto in the playoffs damn.
                            I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Brooklyn is a team specifically built to beat Miami. They beat Miami in all their games this season, preseason included. Paul Pierce just elevates his game to another level whenever he matches up with Lebron. There's bad blood due to the remnants of the Celtic-Heat rivalry.

But that's about it. Brooklyn struggles to beat the rest of the teams. Even when they had Lopez, they were a sub 0.500 team. Add to that a rookie coach who just retired from playing the previous season, who clearly doesn't know what he's doing. They intentionally tanked to avoid Chicago and hoped for matching up with Miami in round 2, well that plan backfired.

I really like Charles Barkley, he really knows what he's talking about, and he's the only prominent guy in the US media giving TO some love (CWebb too). Kenny Smith and Shaq unfortunately are just there as clowns and mascots.

Raps in 6.

PS I can't wait for Masai to rally the Maple Leaf Square crowd with a "Fuck Miami" battlecry. LOOOL

Comment

Uhh how exactly is it obvious?? What matchups are you talking about?

Comment

Working...
                                X