Garnett cheats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garnett cheats

Practically every screen that Garnett sets is illegal. What kills me is that he knows that if he does it every time, the refs won't call it, and the truth is, guys get open on the paremeter because of those screens.

It all wouldn't bug me as much if he didn't get so many favourable calls on offense.

Buy anyway, this isn't just a hater thread. I wanted to say that if we get by Brooklyn, I really doubt that any team will be this tough to score on, cheating and all. It will be great prep for the second round

KG has always done that, and you can see Casey talking to the refs about it every game.

That said, there are better defences in the playoffs than Brooklyn.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

There was one where he literally dropped his shoulder into Lowry and forcefully shoved him away leading to a Williams three. I even had the nerve to get annoyed at Kyle for being caught on the screens during the game

Comment

The refs are all scared of the death stare KG would give them if they whistled him....and then have to deal with Doc Rivers on the sidelines chirping in their ear. They probably think that Rivers is still his coach. If JV moved as much he'd be fouling out by the second qtr.

Comment

YOU MAD BRO!

Comment

its been great having a team on the floor that doesn't just get straight punked by KG's antics. If we played this team in the past, i'm not sure bargani leaves locker room for the game. Although I am expecting an influx in KG acting a fool when he is at home so we'll see how the raptors respond to that but I haven't seen any back down in this team all year
            "you can't be playing checkers, on no chess board yoo!" - D'angelo

Comment

The entire game Brooklyn was playing dirty.

Sticking out their feet to trip our players, hooking players wrists when they went up for a shot (All the perimeter defenders), hooking players wrists when they drive (Kirilenko), sticking their shoulders out on screens (KG), throwing their elbow to move Val out of the way for a post up (Blatche), etc.

Its disgusting the refs are letting it go.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

“You can’t have fourth quarters like that,” Kevin Garnett said. “Thirty-six points, that’s too many points for anybody -- preschool, little league, YMCA, Raptors. Too many points. Fourth quarters are supposed to be our best quarters defensively.”
                What an asshole. God I want to win this series.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Didn't the league send out a moving screen tape to every team to show them examples of bad screens and it was pretty much all Garnett clips??

not 100% sure on this but did anyone else hear something similar?

Comment

It's funny, KG was one of my favourite non-Raptors while in Minnesota.

Can't stand the guy now.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      It's funny, KG was one of my favourite non-Raptors while in Minnesota.

Can't stand the guy now.
                      You are forgiven. Everyone makes mistakes when they are young and stupid.
                      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I know I'm gonna get it for saying this...but I love KG. I think he is great...love his game and his passion and intensity. He probably says some shit he shouldn't, but who doesn't? He is a smart ball player and a tough opponent, you gotta respect that!

Comment

Nets are playing like a veteran team. Of course their physicality is a bit dirty and they've figured out how to get away with it most of the time - that's what tough vets do in all sports. The Raps need to both learn from it and stay focused. It isn't going away.

KG's screens are killer, but so is his P&R defense. The Raps are lucky to have Vasquez so they can go away from Williams/KG.
                          "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

If KG wanted to play in Toronto for one season I'd grab him.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

This is nothing new. KG is exactly the type of player that you love when he's on your team, but absolutely despise when he isn't. Every team needs a player like that.

In addition, the best thing to do about KG's screens is to turn it into a drinking game: throw back a shot for every illegal pick Garnett gets away with. You'll be thanking him profusely by halftime for sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X