• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA amazing

Comment

KG has never set a legal screen in his life. In fact, his screens are always illegal in multiple ways:

- Moving
        - Holding/Grabbing/Shoulder-dropping
        - Feet too far apart

Anybody who has a single day of referee training should be whistling this guy 3-4 times in the 1st quarter. Of course, that will never happen.

Comment

The league cannot win. If it releases nothing about officiating, fans accuse it of hiding the truth. When it admits a mistake, fans ask why the league does not send out such releases about such-and-such other play that made them very angry. There are fans in Toronto, host of the 2016 All-Star Game, who actually think the league is conspiring against their team — that Adam Silver is sitting in his office, thinking of ways for Toronto to lose.

Look, studies have found evidence of star calls, especially in loose-ball situations in which a star collides with a nonstar. But there is contact on every single NBA possession. There were lots of instances in Game 1 of Toronto players making contact that went uncalled — on both ends. Ditto for Brooklyn. The calls ended up tilting a bit Brooklyn’s way, but that’s not evidence of a grand conspiracy. It’s evidence of how hard it is to referee an NBA game, especially when things get more physical, and the impossibility of legislating out some of the game-to-game and quarter-to-quarter randomness of what constitutes a foul amid constant jostling.

Get over it.
          Solution to first bold: Release ref-review packages after EVERY game. Free to anyone who wants to access it. Allows people to keep track of which refs made which mistakes (which fall for star-calls, which are just terrible at their jobs, etc).

Its like: No transparency = angry, Transparency for 1 call = angry. OFCOURSE ZACH. WE WANT FULL TRANSPARENCY.

Second bold: Actually Zach, anecdotal events =/= evidence for anything. Not for ref conspiracy, and not for difficulty of referring NBA games. The evidence that IS pointed towards is the events of fixing that have occurred in the past. The details around such fixing events involve demonstrable interests for profit/tv ratings/etc. If one can show that interest existing once again, and no proper changes from the past to prevent fixing, then one can assume the likelihood of the same occurrence.

Until proper transparency and accountability exists in the NBA, fans have a RIGHT to be suspicious of the refs every single game simply due to the events of the past.
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Its called building a reputation, and he has it, plus, he's future hall of famer, why would you call anything on him?

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
              Whatever, Zach Lowe can kiss my ass. This is EXACTLY the bullshit condescending crap we have dealt with for years.

basically, "were going to fuck you, and everyone will see it, but don't you dare complain, or we will call you out publicly as weak".

When the league starts to have a history of calling game sin the Raptors favour, maybe we can start listening to Lowe's arguments about how "hard it is" to call an NBA game.

Here's some help for them..... call it even. Call it fair. Call fouls of stars you'd call on rookies. call fouls on players from huge markets that you'd call on teams from places like toronto, milwaukee, or Minnesota.

You can post anything yo'd like and it won't change shit. It took all of two games, for people way, way far from toronto who watched htese games to start writing in and commenting on the articles written about the game son the NBC and NBA.com sites completely supporting the Toronto squad. Of course, were all whiners right????

Fuck, THAT.

I'm not a whiner, never was, never will be, but I will stand up for myself, you're god damned right I will, and when i see the NBA allow their own site, and when I see US media from NY, a media that has MASSIVE clout in the US, basically, and systematically reduce our team to that of a dleague squad, systematically make it sound as if they don't belng, as if the Nets deserve to win, as if there are no discrepancies, no biases.... fucking right I bitch. Ask John Shulman....

Maybe you guys aren't understanding the full on assault that has transpired over 20 years or Torontos existence in the NBA, but its been there, very real, very disrespectful. And the fact that for the first time, EVER, the Toronto media is firing back, the Toronto brass is firing back, the TV guys, the coach and the players, all firing back.... shows that Toronto, as a market, is fighting back. And the result, support from other markets who's fans totally see it as well. THIS comes from standing up for your right to an even playing field.

I'm SO tired of fans here who are spoon fed American media, who actually have this idea that they can shame other fans for not taking shit. Guys that feel like they call a grown man a whiner because he can clearly see the tables are uneven.

Perhaps its you guys that need to do a little thinking.....and if you're gonna let Zach Fucking lowe be your guiding light, shame on you, he's a douche.

The only thing to add to that is:
              Fuck Brooklyn
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

brosoverhoes1 wrote: View Post
                Its called building a reputation, and he has it, plus, he's future hall of famer, why would you call anything on him?
                Are you serious?

Comment

brosoverhoes1 wrote: View Post
                  Ummmm... I'm gonna assume this is sarcasm
                  A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Sadly it's the truth, cause thats how the referees are officiating

Comment

Oh, Zach Lowe was condescending? Colour me surprised.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                        I know I'm gonna get it for saying this...but I love KG. I think he is great...love his game and his passion and intensity. He probably says some shit he shouldn't, but who doesn't? He is a smart ball player and a tough opponent, you gotta respect that!
                        I agree. And I loved the YMCA comment. I appreciate good trash talk, and that was good.

And remember: First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

We've been ignored, for a very long time. We're officially past it now.
                        "Stop eating your sushi."
                        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I dislike playing against Garnett, but I would love to have him on my team.

Leadership/intensity he brings, is very under-rated, IMHO at least.

He plays like a "savvy" Vet. He knows what he can get away with, and he does. He's not the only one, lots of veterans play "dirty", or do "illegal" things, but, that's why they're still in the league at that age. They play to their strengths.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                            I know I'm gonna get it for saying this...but I love KG. I think he is great...love his game and his passion and intensity. He probably says some shit he shouldn't, but who doesn't? He is a smart ball player and a tough opponent, you gotta respect that!
                            Good call. I mean I personally can't stand him, but I can see where you are coming from, the game needs players like him. It's fun to root against him, and frustrating when his antics get the better of you. All part of the sports experience.

Comment

I feel like a lot of things KG does so does Tyler Hansbrough. I remember 90% of us hated him when he was on the Pacers and threw JV to the ground, but now we all love him for his hustle and grit. They both make tough, winning plays (KG more so than Hansbrough obviously)

If KG was here the majority of people here would use words like "savvy" and "wily" instead of "dirty" and "cheat"

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                                I feel like a lot of things KG does so does Tyler Hansbrough. I remember 90% of us hated him when he was on the Pacers and threw JV to the ground, but now we all love him for his hustle and grit. They both make tough, winning plays (KG more so than Hansbrough obviously)

If KG was here the majority of people here would use words like "savvy" and "wily" instead of "dirty" and "cheat"
                                Except you know, KG is a top 50 player all-time. He's not just a hustle guy, this is a former MVP, Defensive Player of the Year and 9 time All-NBA team guy who is in the final years of his very illustrious career.

Comment

Working...
                                X