Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Starting Lineup Salaries

Raptors Republic Starter e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
    Yeah I don't think the big issue for them was losing Harden but just the fact they didn't get a player to help now, especially a big man. I think Westbrook/Durant/a good big man would be far better than Harden with Westbrook and Durant. Adams/Lamb might be good in a couple of years but that might be too late.
    What about Lowry, Durant and JV?
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    What about Lowry, Durant and JV?
    Do you mean compared to Harden, Westbrook and Durant? I would easily take Harden, Westbrook and Durant, more talent and likely a much longer window.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    Do you mean compared to Harden, Westbrook and Durant? I would easily take Harden, Westbrook and Durant, more talent and likely a much longer window.
    Much longer? Granted Lowry is 27 or whatever but JV is 21! 21!

I agree that pound for pound Westbrook and harden are better than Lowry and JV but in terms of fit (which we've seen makes a big impact) I'd take them over Harden/Westbrook with Durant.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Much longer? Granted Lowry is 27 or whatever but JV is 21! 21!

I agree that pound for pound Westbrook and harden are better than Lowry and JV but in terms of fit (which we've seen makes a big impact) I'd take them over Harden/Westbrook with Durant.
    Well yes, I mean Lowry. He's 28 already, with an injury history, he likely has some 4 more years at his peak. Once he declines, their window closes up, and that group would need retooling. Unless Jonas develops so much that a Jonas+Durant core is enough to be a first tier contender. But that's premature to say right now.

Harden+Westbrook looked well that last year in OKC. Harden+Westbrook action was the main reason why they came back in the Spurs series. Even if I ignored Lowry's age, I'd still easily Harden/Westbrook. If Jonas develops into a perennial all star a couple years from now, it may be a more fair comparison.
    Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sat Apr 26th, 2014 at 10:51 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Harden and Westbrook are 16 mil each. Both would cost 50% cap space.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on Westbrooks injuries I'd bet Lowry plays at a high level longer than Westbrook does. Once Westbrooks explosiveness starts to drop off he will become very mediocre very fast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    Based on Westbrooks injuries I'd bet Lowry plays at a high level longer than Westbrook does. Once Westbrooks explosiveness starts to drop off he will become very mediocre very fast.
    Agreed. Also Lowry looks to create for his teammates way more than Westbrook does, which is something that should translate even as the two get older

Post Thanks / Like

Lowry doesn't jump.Guys low to the ground have longer careers. Nash,Miller, Billups vs Francis, Marbury etc.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information