Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread: GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    And for anyone claiming conspiracy, there were as many bad calls against Brooklyn as there were against us. The refs weren't the problem.
    I mean. That kind of is a problem though. The fact that it's so much of a problem that it balances out is bad, not good.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    If fields is not starting game 4 and is not on joe johnson every single minute in game 4 then casey needs to be Fucking canned. If our untrained eyes can see it why the FUCK can't an NBA coach see it
    Hopefully MU is watching this when assessing DCs future.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    I mean. That kind of is a problem though. The fact that it's so much of a problem that it balances out is bad, not good.
    A foul is a foul period. Just make the right call. If you are not sure ask for help.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Casey might be able to get us to the playoffs but he isn't gonna help you win when you get there clearly. Now we've got to get a coach that will help us win once we get there.
    sorry but i doubt even popovich could get this roster any further in the playoffs. we're a scrappy, good team, but thats about it. this team needs much more than a new coach.

5. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter themasao's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Few glimmering games, but overall pretty disappointing. Much like Tony Delk's career. Albeit, Ross is much younger then when Delk had his flash in the pan moments, but so far I've yet to buy into the Terrence Ross hype.
    Ah. Ya I see the TRoss comparison. What with the 50 point games and all. Not sure you can be a 50(ish) win team and disappear completely though.

Raptors Republic All-Star jacobdr4's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    And for anyone claiming conspiracy, there were as many bad calls against Brooklyn as there were against us. The refs weren't the problem.
    Not really claiming conspiracy but our calls were felt like make-up calls while they really blew a couple of ours that hurt us a lot.

Raptors Republic Starter fredericklove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wanna know how we're going to defend Pierce if he steps out for the 3 or blow by Amir right to the hole, both Amir/Pat can't guard him at the elbow or off the screen rotation, we need to do something about that but how?

Raptors Republic Starter special1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    If fields is not starting game 4 and is not on joe johnson every single minute in game 4 then casey needs to be Fucking canned. If our untrained eyes can see it why the FUCK can't an NBA coach see it
    Do you really think it's as simple as that?? Is Fields even a starter at this point? Maybe you should stick to cheering because I would bet anything that you don't know one hundredth of what Dwane Casey knows about basketball. Dwane has us in these games while working with inexperienced players with less talent than the other team...

#justsayin

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    Few glimmering games, but overall pretty disappointing. Much like Tony Delk's career. Albeit, Ross is much younger then when Delk had his flash in the pan moments, but so far I've yet to buy into the Terrence Ross hype.
    I said this before and i'll say it again. Raps should primarily use Ross as a spot up 3pt shooter. Not a fan of him handling the ball. That's not his game.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

For Saturday's practice, want to see this team work on their handles. It's inexcusable that at this level some players still have trouble with dribbling through traffic. Also, need to have 5 on 6 drills to simulate game conditions and work on crisper passing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Canucks fan right there. C'mon dude. DeMar is an amazing player with a lot of room to improve, but if Masai decides to trade him - then so be it. I'm sure there'll be no riots because of DeMar trade
    DeMar does need to improve on the defensive end then he will be a complete player.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    sorry but i doubt even popovich could get this roster any further in the playoffs. we're a scrappy, good team, but thats about it. this team needs much more than a new coach.
    New Coach
    Competent Wing player's
    Back up C
    Lock down wing player
    John Salmons not on the roster
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Post Thanks / Like

No way. Popovich would DEFINITELY get us past this team, trust me. We are good enough to beat this team. Pops is able to have his third stringers consistently beat teams in the West each and every year when he decides he wants to give his guys a rest. Getting this team past Brooklyn would be a piece of cake for him.

15. Like Scraptor, YoungGunRaptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote psrs1 wrote: View Post
    DeMar does need to improve on the defensive end then he will be a complete player.
    He'll become a SUPERSTAR if he improves his 3-point shot and his defense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    Do you really think it's as simple as that?? Is Fields even a starter at this point? Maybe you should stick to cheering because I would bet anything that you don't know one hundredth of what Dwane Casey knows about basketball. Dwane has us in these games while working with inexperienced players with less talent than the other team...

#justsayin
    The problem with DC is he seems slow to respond to mismatch issues. If he has so much basketball knowledge he should be able to see it immediately.

18. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Spurs are also comprised of scrappy and selfless players. Player Development, practice, coaching staff, etc., all make a difference in the big picture, and there is no question that the Spurs trump the Raptors in every single one of the aforementioned categories.

In short, I disagree with you. Pop and his coaching staff could probably take this Raptors squad much further whilst making them all much better players than what the Raptors are right now.

Sure, having a superstar helps as well, but if your coach cannot coach a team and utilize the talent he has properly, then having a superstar means nothing at all. Kyrie Irving and Mike Brown/Cleveland Cavs are an example of this.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote themasao wrote: View Post
    Ah. Ya I see the TRoss comparison. What with the 50 point games and all. Not sure you can be a 50(ish) win team and disappear completely though.
    The kid needs to spend time with a sports psychologist because I'm sure his severe struggles at the moment versus the Nets are all in his head. Ross isn't this bad, but so far he's been the biggest disappointment on the Raptors. If you're going to struggle on offense, at least make an effort on defence. Something I've yet to see from Ross during this series.

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote special1 wrote: View Post

#justsayin
    Are you fucking blind or something?

Fields CAN guard Joe Johnson noone else on this team can, So why would a fucking NBA head coach not play something that worked in game 2?

Casey knows more then me but he's either blind or stupid to not see Fields shutting down Joe Johnson and then playng John fucking salmons out of nowhere!
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    No way. Popovich would DEFINITELY get us past this team, trust me. We are good enough to beat this team. Pops is able to have his third stringers consistently beat teams in the West each and every year when he decides he wants to give his guys a rest. Getting this team past Brooklyn would be a piece of cake for him.
    Maybe not a piece of cake but in a relatively evenly matched teams Pops would find a way to win. That is what frustrates so many posters is that we are so close. We could win this series....but.....

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    I said this before and i'll say it again. Raps should primarily use Ross as a spot up 3pt shooter. Not a fan of him handling the ball. That's not his game.
    Well, if you're suggesting that, I'll take Novak over Ross then.

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information