Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME #3: Toronto Raptors 98 - Brooklyn Nets 102 (Nets Lead Series 2-1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
    sorry but i doubt even popovich could get this roster any further in the playoffs. we're a scrappy, good team, but thats about it. this team needs much more than a new coach.
    The Spurs are also comprised of scrappy and selfless players. Player Development, practice, coaching staff, etc., all make a difference in the big picture, and there is no question that the Spurs trump the Raptors in every single one of the aforementioned categories.

In short, I disagree with you. Pop and his coaching staff could probably take this Raptors squad much further whilst making them all much better players than what the Raptors are right now.

Sure, having a superstar helps as well, but if your coach cannot coach a team and utilize the talent he has properly, then having a superstar means nothing at all. Kyrie Irving and Mike Brown/Cleveland Cavs are an example of this.
    I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
    -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• themasao wrote: View Post
      Ah. Ya I see the TRoss comparison. What with the 50 point games and all. Not sure you can be a 50(ish) win team and disappear completely though.
      The kid needs to spend time with a sports psychologist because I'm sure his severe struggles at the moment versus the Nets are all in his head. Ross isn't this bad, but so far he's been the biggest disappointment on the Raptors. If you're going to struggle on offense, at least make an effort on defence. Something I've yet to see from Ross during this series.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
        Do you really think it's as simple as that?? Is Fields even a starter at this point? Maybe you should stick to cheering because I would bet anything that you don't know one hundredth of what Dwane Casey knows about basketball. Dwane has us in these games while working with inexperienced players with less talent than the other team...

#justsayin
        Are you fucking blind or something?

Fields CAN guard Joe Johnson noone else on this team can, So why would a fucking NBA head coach not play something that worked in game 2?

Casey knows more then me but he's either blind or stupid to not see Fields shutting down Joe Johnson and then playng John fucking salmons out of nowhere!
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          No way. Popovich would DEFINITELY get us past this team, trust me. We are good enough to beat this team. Pops is able to have his third stringers consistently beat teams in the West each and every year when he decides he wants to give his guys a rest. Getting this team past Brooklyn would be a piece of cake for him.
          Maybe not a piece of cake but in a relatively evenly matched teams Pops would find a way to win. That is what frustrates so many posters is that we are so close. We could win this series....but.....

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            I said this before and i'll say it again. Raps should primarily use Ross as a spot up 3pt shooter. Not a fan of him handling the ball. That's not his game.
            Well, if you're suggesting that, I'll take Novak over Ross then.

Comment

Chip to use ...internet GM??

For whom??

I say we target someone like Luol Deng via free agency.

There would be a riot if we traded Demar... People need to get it in their heads that he ain't going anywhere.

I am no GM, but our real GM will make big changes unless we take Miami to Game 6 or 7. DD is the obvious chip in play, I would guess the goal is to move up in the draft and build towards 2015 and then add a free agent.

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
                Are you fucking blind or something?

Fields CAN guard Joe Johnson noone else on this team can, So why would a fucking NBA head coach not play something that worked in game 2?

Casey knows more then me but he's either blind or stupid to not see Fields shutting down Joe Johnson and then playng John fucking salmons out of nowhere!
                Not blind. Stupid.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                  The problem with DC is he seems slow to respond to mismatch issues. If he has so much basketball knowledge he should be able to see it immediately.
                  Revolving door with coaches sound like something Bryan Collangelo would do....

Are you forgetting what his team accomplished this year? I don't see Dwane Casey going anywhere...

Add a few more upgrades in talent....SF and maybe PF.,...keep team chemistry and we will be even better next year

Comment

• Donkette wrote: View Post
                    I am no GM, but our real GM will make big changes unless we take Miami to Game 6 or 7. DD is the obvious chip in play, I would guess the goal is to move up in the draft and build towards 2015 and then add a free agent.
                    Trade Demar? No way.

Comment

Are you forgetting what his team accomplished this year? I don't see Dwane Casey going anywhere...

Add a few more upgrades in talent....SF and maybe PF.,...keep team chemistry and we will be even better next year
                      So you measure how good a coach is based on the regular season?
                      If then George Karl is the greatest head coach ever
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

I agree re chemistry. I think DC has improved but a SVG or George Karl could be the difference in a series like we are currently in.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                          Well, if you're suggesting that, I'll take Novak over Ross then.
                          That's not the point. I see Ross as an Anthony Parker/Mo Pete type of player. But they're trying to use him like he's DeRozan. That's not gonna work.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

I agree re chemistry. I think DC has improved but a SVG or George Karl could be the difference in a series like we are currently in.
                            MAYBE....

I like what DC can do with spare parts. Give him better players who fit what we're trying to do and I think you'll see his worth.

Comment

Trade Demar? No way.
                              Then this your team for the next two years and everyone else will be loading up. I love this team, but there is a better chance of winning a Championship this year than 2 years from now with this group, changes are coming whether you like it or not.

Comment

George Karl is an awful playoff coach.

Comment

Working...
                                X