Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is that the healthiest Raps locker room ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is that the healthiest Raps locker room ever?

http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/23...-that-make-one

“It’s cool because we are able to hold each other accountable,” said Lowry. “It’s not out of spite. It’s because we want to get better. It’s constructive criticism. I can go to DeMar and say, ‘You messed up’ or Steve Novak can come to me and say ‘This or that’ and it’s like, ‘Let’s try that.’ Everybody on the team has a place. And it’s not one dominant voice. It’s 15 voices that make one.”
    Gotta love this article. Not only this quote, but every single thing that is said.

That kind of chemistry can make wonders.

Fanchie wrote: View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2014/04/23...-that-make-one

Gotta love this article. Not only this quote, but every single thing that is said.

That kind of chemistry can make wonders.
    Agree big time. I must admit i am a little surprised at how tight these guys seem, or at least talk about being. You got some young guys, some crusty old dogs, a little international flavour, quite a mix of skill-sets. But everyone is always talking about how they love playing together. Everyone says it doesn't matter who starts etc. etc.

Comment

Everyone knows what losing feels like

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

no surprise...we've got a team full of guys with chips on their shoulder and something to prove, none of them were key parts of any winning team and many were given up on. They saw the opportunity here and took it.

Comment

just watched the Demar's immediate on floor post game interview from game two on nbatv/espn. I was amazed at how down to earth his answers were and that he didn't seem in awe at all. It may not seem like much but I'm sure this was his first (inter)nationally televised post games interview after being a star. He didn't hang around when it was over, he seemed super focussed...then he still went back in the frame to tap Gravy on the head while he was being interviewed by someone else. Awesome teamwork.

Comment

RepTdot wrote: View Post
            no surprise...we've got a team full of guys with chips on their shoulder and something to prove, none of them were key parts of any winning team and many were given up on. They saw the opportunity here and took it.
            Agree on this. A good chunk of players that we've taken, are all players that many thought weren't going to make it, or were just difficult to coach, or just lacked much of a future at all.

Amir from Detroit, Lowry from Houston, DD's constant criticism, Ross's spot in the draft, hell, even when JV was drafted, so many people were against that too.

Then you have TH, who had an amazing NCAA career, but didn't translate well into the NBA. Vasquez who "lost" his starting job, and the rest that I'm too lazy to type out.

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            just watched the Demar's immediate on floor post game interview from game two on nbatv/espn. I was amazed at how down to earth his answers were and that he didn't seem in awe at all. It may not seem like much but I'm sure this was his first (inter)nationally televised post games interview after being a star. He didn't hang around when it was over, he seemed super focussed...then he still went back in the frame to tap Gravy on the head while he was being interviewed by someone else. Awesome teamwork.
            I like the whole team's down to earthness, and focus to be honest.

Comment

phiLLy wrote: View Post
              I like the whole team's down to earthness, and focus to be honest.
              I like how the whole team is going to kick the fucking shit out of the Nets.
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Love this group, never had as much fun supporting a team, they're really easy to support. They all seem like very intelligent, high character guys who play extremely hard and are fun to watch.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                  I like how the whole team is going to kick the fucking shit out of the Nets.
                  I don't even know what to say. This was way too funny. Lmfao
                  OG is our king

Comment

Thank you, I try.
                    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

It is really great to see that these guys are good friends who are having fun playing with each other. This team is really a championship potential team and seeing these guys having fun is all that matters now.

Comment

Working...
                      X