Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Your ideal playoffs minute distribution plan ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your ideal playoffs minute distribution plan ?

Mine (provided no one gets into foul trouble) :

Lowry 40
    Derozan 35
    Ross 25
    Amir 30
    Jonas 40
    Vasquez 21
    2Pat 26
    Fields 23

You?

Fanchie wrote: View Post
    Mine (provided no one gets into foul trouble) :

Lowry 40
    Derozan 35
    Ross 25
    Amir 30
    Jonas 40
    Vasquez 21
    2Pat 26
    Fields 23

You?
    Come on, Vasquez has to get more than Fields!! He's been huge for us on offense, hitting timely shots. We need that from him. And he doesn't hurt us to much on defense since the nets go with a 2 pg lineup as well.

Lowry 38
    Derozan 38
    Ross 22
    Amir 30
    Jonas 32
    Vasquez 27
    2Pat 30
    Fields 18
    Novak 5 (vs teletovic)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

I honestly don't think there is an ideal plan for the playoffs. Match-ups, game trends, and foul trouble are all hard to predict.

For me, there are a few key aspects that I'd want the coaching staff to keep in mind.

1. Don't ride any big for a full quarter. Gotta get them at least 2 mins rest per quarter. Assuming that Patterson comes in for Amir at around the 6-8 minute mark, then I'd want Hansrbough in for JV at the 10 minute mark; allowing JV to rest the final 2 mins of the Q and the break before starting the next Q fresh (2 mins of game time + quarter break = 5-10 mins real time rest).

2. The Vasquez-Lowry 2 guard line-up has worked well and matches up favourably with Deron-Livingston. If DD or Ross are struggling (again), don't be afraid to roll this duo out for long stretches.

3. Patterson matches up better with Pierce than Amir does. Don't let Pierce get going. If he starts to hit some shots, make the switch. Amir is a vet and will do what's best for the team.

4. Fields worked well against JJ last game, but keep finding new wrinkles to add to that match-up. The Nets will make adjustments, be ready to counter immediately and stay 2 moves ahead of Kidd (shouldn't be that hard ).

5. Force the Nets to guard our way. Post up Pierce. Don't go small just cause they do. Make them play our game.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

meaningless without knowing what the situation on the floor is and what lineups the nets are rotating.

i mean, why the fuck would anyone want to play ross for 25 minutes right now. if he doesn't go danny green or harrison barnes in tonights game, hes in trouble and i honestly would give some of his minutes to salmons again, since he plays much better when having a lot of rest.
        ross has just NOT been good under playoff pressure so far. the worst was when he started whining on the floor and pounding his fists on the court like a fucking baby.

fields should only be getting time if we have trouble containing JJ. DD did an ok job the first game, but a horrible job the second. if DD can do it in the 3rd, fields is unnecessary and no way should he 'ideally' play almost as much as vasquez and ppat.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          meaningless without knowing what the situation on the floor is and what lineups the nets are rotating.

i mean, why the fuck would anyone want to play ross for 25 minutes right now. if he doesn't go danny green or harrison barnes in tonights game, hes in trouble and i honestly would give some of his minutes to salmons again, since he plays much better when having a lot of rest.
          ross has just NOT been good under playoff pressure so far. the worst was when he started whining on the floor and pounding his fists on the court like a fucking baby.

fields should only be getting time if we have trouble containing JJ. DD did an ok job the first game, but a horrible job the second. if DD can do it in the 3rd, fields is unnecessary and no way should he 'ideally' play almost as much as vasquez and ppat.
          I don't think that was as bad as you're making it sound. He landed on the court that way and just banged his fists in frustration.

I think part of the coaching staff's job at this point is to help get Ross going by putting him in the best situation to succeed. Whether that means playing with the starters to get less defensive attention or by going against the Nets bench players (which could be even harder if that means AK47), I don't know; might have to try both. Ross is a good player, but game 1 he was victim to some tick tack foul calls, which completely took him out of game 1. I think he came into game 2 and tried to force things a bit (it was basically his game 1, and he played like most of the Raps did in game 1). One thing I liked in game 2 out of Ross was his dribble attack. There were times when the offence was just passing the ball around the perimeter and he'd get it, see the shot clock was getting low and make an aggressive move. He's got good speed and can get by most of the Nets perimeter defenders, so that is something I'd like to see more of.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
            I don't think that was as bad as you're making it sound. He landed on the court that way and just banged his fists in frustration.

I think part of the coaching staff's job at this point is to help get Ross going by putting him in the best situation to succeed. Whether that means playing with the starters to get less defensive attention or by going against the Nets bench players (which could be even harder if that means AK47), I don't know; might have to try both. Ross is a good player, but game 1 he was victim to some tick tack foul calls, which completely took him out of game 1. I think he came into game 2 and tried to force things a bit (it was basically his game 1, and he played like most of the Raps did in game 1). One thing I liked in game 2 out of Ross was his dribble attack. There were times when the offence was just passing the ball around the perimeter and he'd get it, see the shot clock was getting low and make an aggressive move. He's got good speed and can get by most of the Nets perimeter defenders, so that is something I'd like to see more of.
            i dont think he was any better in game 2. i remember him drilling a single jumper and then panicking with the ball for pretty much the rest of his time on the floor. the worst was when he was near the basket but chose to kick it out to JV of all people, with about 2 seconds left on the clock and JV had nothing to do but to shoot a missed jumper from like 15 feet away. and its not like ross was the only one turning it over, but that AWFUL play where he got his ONLY rebound of the game and he just stood there like a moron and let kirilenko just take it from his hands. just awful.

i also think the sad thing is the nets dont seem to really care about ross being on the floor at all, since hes basically missed every single 3 point attempt so far.

i get that hes a sophomore and thats a tough thing to have in your starting lineups in the playoffs. but hey, look at JV.

contribute or get the fuck off.
            Last edited by iblastoff; Fri Apr 25, 2014, 07:57 AM.

Comment

i dont think he was any better in game 2. i remember him drilling a single jumper and then panicking with the ball for pretty much the rest of his time on the floor. the worst was when he was near the basket but chose to kick it out to JV of all people, with about 2 seconds left on the clock and JV had nothing to do but to shoot a missed jumper from like 15 feet away. and its not like ross was the only one turning it over, but that AWFUL play where he got his ONLY rebound of the game and he just stood there like a moron and let kirilenko just take it from his hands. just awful.

i also think the sad thing is the nets dont seem to really care about ross being on the floor at all, since hes basically missed every single 3 point attempt so far.

contribute or get the fuck off.
              I didn't say he was better in game 2. In fact I said he forced things like most of the team did in game 1, which was awful. I said he did one thing that I liked. Hopefully he can build off that.

To your last comment, there are a multitude of aspects to coaching, and taking an absolute stance like that isn't realistic. He's a young player in his first playoff series going against veteran players; expect him to struggle. But at the end of the day, there is a reason he is the starter over Fields and Salmons; Ross is the better player. While he isn't showing it, he gives the team the best chance to win the series and reach their optimal performance. You can't just throw him to rot on the bench, you have to help him get there. That's why coaches are paid the big bucks.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                I didn't say he was better in game 2. In fact I said he forced things like most of the team did in game 1, which was awful. I said he did one thing that I liked. Hopefully he can build off that.

To your last comment, there are a multitude of aspects to coaching, and taking an absolute stance like that isn't realistic. He's a young player in his first playoff series going against veteran players; expect him to struggle. But at the end of the day, there is a reason he is the starter over Fields and Salmons; Ross is the better player. While he isn't showing it, he gives the team the best chance to win the series and reach their optimal performance. You can't just throw him to rot on the bench, you have to help him get there. That's why coaches are paid the big bucks.
                i just meant that last comment as more of an outlook than an actual suggestion on what to do. kinda like barkley calling the pacers wussies. but honestly, ross was the one that WANTED the nets in the playoffs but it sure doesn't look like it anymore. he needs to have a barnes/green playoff run in this 3rd game to get his confidence back because im sure thats at an all-time low right now for him.

Comment

i just meant that last comment as more of an outlook than an actual suggestion on what to do. kinda like barkley calling the pacers wussies. but honestly, ross was the one that WANTED the nets in the playoffs but it sure doesn't look like it anymore. he needs to have a barnes/green playoff run in this 3rd game to get his confidence back because im sure thats at an all-time low right now for him.
                  Fair enough. I think he'll be better tonight. Like I said, he was out of game 1 due to the fouls, so game 2 was his first real playoff game. Game 3 is really just his 2nd opportunity and I think he'll do better. Not predicting 51 points or anything like that. But I think you'll see a few treys from him and much better %s. Unless of course the refs decide to call all the little tick tack crap that they did in game 1; then he might be done for the series (mentally).

Comment

We cannot win this series without Ross contributing in some positive way. Fields can defend, Salmons can have his so-called "great game after days of rest", but at the end of the day without Ross getting involved we're not going to win this series.

I don't mind having him come off the bench (maybe it'll help build some confidence against bench players, or take some of the pressure off), but he still going to need minutes.
                    your pal,
                    ebrian

Comment

Ideally, Lowry, Demar, Ross, Amir, and JV would get 48 minutes each + all of any OT minutes...ideally. but of course thats not realistic. But right now, the first two off the bench is Vasquez and Patterson. Vasquez can spell Lowry, Ross, or Demar, and by doing so could easily get 25+ minutes. Patterson can spell JV or Amir, and get 25+ minutes doing so. Situational minutes for Fields and Tyler, but I think both could/should get more minutes than they have. I have no issues with a little De Colo too.

Comment

Working...
                      X