NBA & Refs in Playoffs - RR Conspiracy Theory thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA & Refs in Playoffs - RR Conspiracy Theory thread

I want to encourage all posters who plan on attending game 5 of making and bring signs stating the above. We need to put pressure on the league to get a fair shake. If even one fans 'sign makes the live broadcast I predict the media will start asking tough questions which can only help us.

Might not matter if we're getting closed out in game 5.

Comment

NBA are getting pressured because of refs and it's coming not only from us. Fortunately for NBA, their PR dep. damage control plan is working.

Remember, it's not only about us. Whole league got ref problems, except teams filled with superstars.
      Last edited by rocwell; Fri Apr 25, 2014, 10:20 PM.

Comment

No, definitely not.

Comment

I'm not concerned with the refs really. I knew the officiating was going to go against us from the start, and anyone expecting otherwise is a little bit crazy tbh.

We need to stop putting ourselves in situations where the refs can decide the outcome of the game.

Comment

No, they're just angling for the big money matchup, BRK vs. MIA.

I don't believe the NBA is completely rigged, but I'm too cynical to not think that there are certain "desirable" outcomes that absolutely influence the refereeing.

Comment

I wonder if the refs watch game footage after the game and go over what they did right and wrong as part of their 'training' or ref evaluation or whatnot because there were some pretty bad calls. Granted, all these calls have to be made in a split second but damn, on replay some of those calls are just so obviously wrong.

Comment

As disgraced as he was, you can't ignore former NBA ref Tim Donaghy and what he had to say about the officiating in the Raps / Nets series.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nets-referees/
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

“What they do is they actually send in a representative from the league office to sit down with the referees at an 11 o’clock meeting in the morning where they go over game film,” Donaghy said. “They will show the referees what they want called, what they want them to concentrate on, what they feel needs to be called or let go in a series to avoid any problems. With that, you would leave the room and say to yourself one team is put at an advantage or disadvantage."
                  I've never been much of one for NBA conspiracies before, but this is the only possible way you could explain the two loose ball fouls against Jonas. "Look for and whistle any amount of contact Valanciunas fighting for rebounds." Those were terrible calls, they must have been coming from somewhere.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I almost lost it when Garnettt shoved JV into Blatche and then JV got called for the foul. The Nets were pushing and hitting the Raptors quite a bit, and on the other side we're getting called for phantom fouls. Even the ESPN announcers were incredulous at times, saying they didn't see the foul, or commenting after the replay that it was really a nets foul.

Here's the problem with the "we just have to rise above" argument. We're not that much better than the Nets. If it were a fairly called series it would still be very close. We wouldn't all of a sudden be blowing the Nets out. So it only takes 3-4 really egregious calls to swing the game in the Nets favor, and we're just not good enough to overcome that, even though I'd say we're the better team.

Comment

No, they're not. Again, fans only seem to remember calls that went against them. The foul on Blatche at the end was BS, and the loose ball foul on KG was 50/50. If refs really were anti-Canadian, they would called the KG foul on JV instead. I think the refs try to make every game as close as possible for entertainment value.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        No, they're not. Again, fans only seem to remember calls that went against them. The foul on Blatche at the end was BS, and the loose ball foul on KG was 50/50. If refs really were anti-Canadian, they would called the KG foul on JV instead. I think the refs try to make every game as close as possible for entertainment value.
                        Waterloo brother, I think you might be on to something, the refs play the whistle to make it more interesting but there were too many bs calls coming torontos way. Especially momentum killers like the foul and tech on greasy.

The reffing was pretty shit on both sides but Toronto had more garbage
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

The one where he bearhugged JV? If so...that was not even close to 50/50. Like, not at all. You can't wrap your arms around a guy, well, basically at any time at all in a basketball game.

Comment

The tech on GV was completely inexplicable and indefensible.

BTW, does anyone know which referee called that?
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
                              Waterloo brother, I think you might be on to something, the refs play the whistle to make it more interesting but there were too many bs calls coming torontos way. Especially momentum killers like the foul and tech on greasy.

The reffing was pretty shit on both sides but Toronto had more garbage
                              Me being a former and hopefully future KW-er agree with your point exactly. It was pretty 50-50 until the last like 4 minutes. Not sure I believe that it's intentional though, maybe just their vets getting calls, because they're vets. Who knows ... but we need to win even with Brooklyns sixth men goin at us at the worst of times.

BTW love your avatar. Especially cuz the previous was obnoxious, it literally made me sick looking at it lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X