No announcement yet.

Donald Sterling Selling Clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It forcing the league to do something now. Fans will understand their families will understand. Let the world take notice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      It forcing the league to do something now. Fans will understand their families will understand. Let the world take notice

The league will do something, but besides, you can force the leagues hands a million other ways rather than putting the games hostage because of this fucktard racist
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

"IM PART OF A CULTURE!"

a culture our generation has tried to exterminate for the past 50 years...

Comment

To me this is bigger than the game. Don't ever forget this is entertainment.

Comment

To me this is bigger than the game. Don't ever forget this is entertainment.

But you are acting as if stopping the games is the only route of action. In fact it is one of many routes of actions, specifically with the negative consequences spilling over into many other peoples lives.

Its what my dad always said: If someone makes you angry, your anger has conceded the victory.
            Basically: If you allow someone elses stupid actions to boil negativity in yourself and the people around you, you are not 'showing them' anything, rather you have let their actions bring you down. You have not won the exchange by getting upset.

Comment

No anger u are making a statement "this will not be tolerated" "I will not play for you" simple.

Comment

I would look at it as this is bigger than me a statement has to be made

NBA isn't just another small company, buddy. They're big. They can't release a statement based on emotions, they have to investigate and complete extensive due diligence before releasing any 'complete' statement.

I'm sure NBA got broad powers which they'll be able use after investigation is done. Of course, if they want to force this racist out - they'll face legal action no matter what. ( unless sterling decides just to sell this team on his own. )
                Last edited by rocwell; Sun Apr 27, 2014, 06:35 PM.

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                  NBA isn't just another small company, buddy. They're big. They can't release a statement based on emotions, they have to investigate and complete extensive due diligence before releasing any 'complete' statement.

I'm sure NBA got broad powers which they'll be able use after investigation is done. Of course, if they want to force this racist out - they'll face legal action no matter what. ( unless sterling decides just to sell this team on his own. )
                  U control what u can control. As a individual u say do I play or don't I me personally would not play and leave the rest up to everyone else.

Comment

Btw I understand where u guys are coming from I am looking at it from the bigger picture

Comment

Sterling has been a despicable man for a long time.. so it shouldn't be so alarming for players to now realize that this guy is a racist... The good news for the world is he's 80 years old.. so he doesn't have much time left regardless of what the NBA decides to do.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                        Sterling has been a despicable man for a long time.. so it shouldn't be so alarming for players to now realize that this guy is a racist... The good news for the world is he's 80 years old.. so he doesn't have much time left regardless of what the NBA decides to do.
                        Yes, he'll die someday. Stern thought Sterling doesn't have much time left back in '09 too, but look now. He is still alive and he's still Clips owner and still a fucking racist. ( Now wonder why this franchise wasn't successful. Karma is a bitch! ) If NBA investigation confirm Sterling's voice in TMZ tape then they better respond quickly and aggressively.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          How is that an ignorant statement? all i'm saying is, if they really want to send a message, then boycott the game. They already made a point by wearing their warmup jerseys inside out and wearing black socks/wristbands. Taking off their shooting shirts and dumping them at center court is a little bit too much. You've already made your statement, doing that is a little bit dramatic. Just play basketball OR boycott the game.
                          I disagree with you 100%. Their owner slighted 95% of his own team by discriminating the African American race. How is standing up for yourself being dramatic? We're talking about blatant racism and discrimination.

The players boycotting games is also a ridiculous suggestion. Why punish themselves by missing games during the most crucial time of the season? They got themselves to this point, not Sterling. They need to finish what their goal is.

I hope they continue dropping their warm-ups at centre court, wearing their shirts inside-out and supporting black armbands as a statement. If anyone should boycott the games, its the fans. And I hope some do so for the next game back in LA.

The players & coaching staff will make whatever boycott stance that they feel needs to be done this summer. This franchise will have enough drama to worry about in the next couple months if Sterling is proven guilty and doesn't put the team up forsale. I think its safe to say that Doc Rivers won't be back coaching if they're still under the same ownership.

Comment

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post

Figured this is how things would go down. Should be a great resolution to the problem if sterling is forced to sell to magic

Comment

Clips fans would be pissed, but I wish this racist sell this team to Hansen. Seattle deserves an NBA team.

Comment

Working...
                                X