Donald Sterling Selling Clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pece wrote: View Post
    I understand that it's illegal. I get it. Sterling employees Blacks, he has a half black girlfriend and he said he would rather rent to the Korean community. Aren't Koreans a minority also??? He should be able to decide who he rents to based on his past experiences. I

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    He basically said he liked renting to Koreans because no matter how bad a shithole he gave them, they wouldn't complain.
    If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• So as an entrepreneur I think that is a wise decision don't you???

Comment

So as an entrepreneur I think that is a wise decision don't you???

Sounds like you never faced discrimination in your life. Good for you..

Comment

• Why would you say that??? Because you don't like my opinion? ?? Are you judging me??? Do you assume that cause I'm of Europen decent that I haven't been discriminated against? ?? I believe that's racist my friend. My point is, in life people say things and people do things you may or may not like deal with. BET (Black entertainment television) is that kinda racist??? Black history Month?? No I guess not!!!

Comment

So as an entrepreneur I think that is a wise decision don't you???

pece wrote: View Post
            Why would you say that??? Because you don't like my opinion? ?? Are you judging me??? Do you assume that cause I'm of Europen decent that I haven't been discriminated against? ?? I believe that's racist my friend. My point is, in life people say things and people do things you may or may not like deal with. BET (Black entertainment television) is that kinda racist??? Black history Month?? No I guess not!!!

You just said it's a wise decision to discriminate against people in your previous post, so I do like your opinion, but I disagree with it.

By the way, I'm half-european myself. I'm French-Canadian.

Comment

Why would you say that??? Because you don't like my opinion? ?? Are you judging me??? Do you assume that cause I'm of Europen decent that I haven't been discriminated against? ?? I believe that's racist my friend. My point is, in life people say things and people do things you may or may not like deal with. BET (Black entertainment television) is that kinda racist??? Black history Month?? No I guess not!!!

Yeah, I'm judging you to be a total asshole who's comments I will totally ignore from now on.

Enjoy your day!
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• I'm not an asshole! Did I mention my wife is black! !! Or that I own two rental properties and one of the families that live there are black the other family is white. I hope it's okay that they are white maybe I should have listed an add that said Black families only so people wouldn't think I'm racist. ...Good day to you to!!!

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                  The sponsorship's are now pulling out. First State Farm and CarMax. KIA and American Virgin just pulled theirs moments ago.
                  Red Bull out too.

Also, Doc doesn't know about his future with Clippers if Sterling is still the owner of this team.

Comment

• Yes, poor Doc Rivers.... who wanted in to Clipperland so bad he forced the Celtics to trade him. I'm always hearing about how smart Rivers is and how he is the consummate this and that, yet he had no idea Sterling was a racist until this weekend? C'mon. I wish someone on TNT or ABC would call him out on this but it won't happen cause they'd get called a racist. The victim's robes are a powerful force - everyone wants them.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Yes, poor Doc Rivers.... who wanted in to Clipperland so bad he forced the Celtics to trade him. I'm always hearing about how smart Rivers is and how he is the consummate this and that, yet he had no idea Sterling was a racist until this weekend? C'mon. I wish someone on TNT or ABC would call him out on this but it won't happen cause they'd get called a racist. The victim's robes are a powerful force - everyone wants them.
                      I don't think it was quite so obvious before ... up until this was revealed, Sterling was set to honored with a special award at the 100th anniversary of the NAACP (National Association for the Advancement of Colored People) for all he's done. And he's actually received several awards in the past from them as well. Or at least as obvious to the mainstream public.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Apr 28, 2014, 05:28 PM.

Comment

I'm not an asshole! Did I mention my wife is black! !! Or that I own two rental properties and one of the families that live there are black the other family is white. I hope it's okay that they are white maybe I should have listed an add that said Black families only so people wouldn't think I'm racist. ...Good day to you to!!!

The worst kind of racist is one that doesn't realize he is and tries to defend his ignorant views. I feel horrible for your wife and the family that lives in your property.

Comment

• You have me all wrong brother! Really you do. Of course I have to explain myself and defend myself because everyone feels the need to be politically correct. If you could only say what you really think sometimes and not feel the need to censor your own views. This is not about being a racist cause everybody is to some degree. This is about being free to say and think as you wish.

Comment

• clippers owner hates black people..again

Do the players really have to play? Legally their contract doesn't say (at least I don't remember reading anything about) that they have to play out their contract. The only thing they legally can't do while under contract is play for another team. A court can file an injunction so a player cannot offer his services to another team, but cannot force him to play for the team he's currently under contract to (see Tim Thomas).
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
                              Do the players really have to play? Legally their contract doesn't say (at least I don't remember reading anything about) that they have to play out their contract. The only thing they legally can't do while under contract is play for another team. A court can file an injunction so a player cannot offer his services to another team, but cannot force him to play for the team he's currently under contract to (see Tim Thomas).
                              Refusing to play is like giving automatic grounds to sue you big time. I just can't see guys like CP3 boycotting very important game(s) because of one racist punk. I just can't

And anyway, this problem shouldn't be about players. It's about NBA "office family", not players. They let this guy off the hook back in '09, now they have to come down aggressively and use their power to force him out of NBA.

Everyone say they believe in Adam, so if they're so confident in him, I'm sure we'll avoid game boycotts. Racism is very big thing, but players love this game and I'm certain, one person can't change this.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                                Refusing to play is like giving automatic grounds to sue you big time. I just can't see guys like CP3 boycotting very important game(s) because of one racist punk. I just can't

And anyway, this problem shouldn't be about players. It's about NBA "office family", not players. They let this guy off the hook back in '09, now they have to come down aggressively and use their power to force him out of NBA.

Everyone say they believe in Adam, so if they're so confident in him, I'm sure we'll avoid game boycotts. Racism is very big thing, but players love this game and I'm certain, one person can't change this.
                                Agreed, the league needs to police this and it shouldn't be (solely) up to the players to take a stand. However, while there's no legal basis for a lawsuit simply because a player refuses to play. That's not a breach of contract, as there is no clause in a standard player contract that says you HAVE to play. Simply, as I mentioned before, they state that if you're going to play basketball, youre gonna play for that team. If you refuse to play, they won't pay you, but that of course should go without saying. No one is going to pay unless you actually do work.

Courts have in the past, and will in the future, refused to force a player to play for a team. Just like they wouldn't force an employee to work for a company they don't want to work for. That's indentured servitude and that's a can of worms no court of law wants to deal with.

Will we see it happen that a player refuses to play? Probably not. Is it illegal or a breach of contract for them to do so? No.
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X