Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Brooklyn Nets 79 (Series Tied 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    They conceded third seed when starting resting starters during Atlanta game. They didn't know until last day but clearly were angling to try and avoid Chicago.
    how? They were just resting players.
    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Notice how Kenny and Shaq try to give excuses "Oh they missed shots, Deron Williams needs to score more, Joe Johnson didn't make shots" blah blah blah stfu and accept defeat you clowns. At least Chuck gives credit where its due, these tools especially Shaq have no clue what they are talking about. Shaq says shit like "he has to score more" no shit! scoring more points than the other team is how you win lmao

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Notice how Kenny and Shaq try to give excuses "Oh they missed shots, Deron Williams needs to score more, Joe Johnson didn't make shots" blah blah blah stfu and accept defeat you clowns. At least Chuck gives credit where its due, these tools especially Shaq have no clue what they are talking about. Shaq says shit like "he has to score more" no shit! scoring more points than the other team is how you win lmao
        Yeah. Kenny's the worst...Trying to backtrack and be like (paraphrasing) "I thought Toronto was good, but I thought this matchup was the worst for them...but I could easily see them in the 2nd round in another route"....Even though before the playoffs when it was possible we might still even play Charlotte, I distinctly remember him saying we'd lose that series too. Way to try and save face, Kenny.

Shaq I don't ever take seriously anyway. He's the clown of the group.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yeah. Kenny's the worst...Trying to backtrack and be like (paraphrasing) "I thought Toronto was good, but I thought this matchup was the worst for them...but I could easily see them in the 2nd round in another route"....Even though before the playoffs when it was possible we might still even play Charlotte, I distinctly remember him saying we'd lose that series too. Way to try and save face, Kenny.

Shaq I don't ever take seriously anyway. He's the clown of the group.
          To me it seems like Kenny just doesn't know how to analyze games or how to identify good teams, like at all. He's a flat out homer and he only supports the teams he likes, regardless of how good the opposing team is.
          Chuck on the other hand is pretty much always bang on with his predictions cause he actually has a good eye for the game.

Remember last season, a few weeks before the playoffs were starting? Kenny said the Raptors would squeak into the playoffs over Boston and Chuck completely denied it, well he was totally right. Now he's supporting the Raps and he's right once again

Comment

Notice how Kenny and Shaq try to give excuses "Oh they missed shots, Deron Williams needs to score more, Joe Johnson didn't make shots" blah blah blah stfu and accept defeat you clowns. At least Chuck gives credit where its due, these tools especially Shaq have no clue what they are talking about. Shaq says shit like "he has to score more" no shit! scoring more points than the other team is how you win lmao
            Did you guys watch the TNT broadcast? I'm 100% convinced Shaq watches none of the games. He just sits around thinking of stupid things to do and say next time the record light turns on.
            The whole foot in the garbage can incident is a perfect example of what Shaq brings to the table. Really stupid slapstick comedy. I'm fine with it, as even I thought it was funny Shaq lying on the ground yelling at Kenny that he put the garbage can there, just don't expect anything intelligent or basketball related to come out of Shaq's mouth.

Honestly, Barkley is the only one on the panel that tries to do any kind of meaningful analysis before and during the game. Everyone else stuck to their pre-game memo from TNT "They don't get TNT in Canada so only talk about Brooklyn".

I much prefer the ESPN crew with Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose. Those guys actually watch all the games and give meaningful analysis.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              how? They were just resting players.
              Jason Goff and Sam Mitchell on Sirius NBA radio apparently confirmed the fact that Brooklyn wanted to play Toronto through teams sources. It wasn't simply 'resting players'. Suggest you call into to NBA Sirius XM radio 1-855-622-dunk and ask frank isola on the morning show. He will confirm this for you. He lives in New York and is a well respected NBA writer and host.

Comment

You guys are over analyzing this.

The TNT's analyst desk is pretty 'The View' with some basketball players. They are going to disagree with Barkley and troll the fuck out of them because without that disagreement there would be no show.

To be honest, I don't think Kenny or Shaq care or believe in anything they say.

Comment

• Shaq is terrible. They should have gotten rid of him last year.
                  Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• "The Nets are going to win this series, they have EXPERIENCE and know how to get it done in the 4th quarter of close games" - every media person.

>>Raptors proceed to win the last 3 fourth quarters convincingly.

Comment

• imanshumpert wrote: View Post
                      Noticed this as well. Brooklyn was doubling the ball-handler aggressively on those pick and rolls to the extent where only LeBron would be able to pass out of them effectively. What we need to do is have a second wing player position themselves for a swing pass out of the double and then make a quick-hitter pass inside to JV.
                      This is true. Your solution to fixing the problem is a very good one. It's definitely too hard for DD to pass out of those traps so we need to make it easier for him.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
                        GLF was vindicated last night. Raptors played their best basketball this season when kept opponents under 100. You may have personal animosity towards him but he is is justifiably frustrated by a seemingly lack of focus to detail on defence. You may not like his negativity but he is no less of a fan than you. He clearly cares what happens to our team. This forum is for fans to discuss our team. If you don't like what he says just ignore him. Be respectful.
                        Thanks man but it's okay, I'll fight my own battles because supposedly you standing up for me and agreeing with my opinions means we're the same person and I'm running two different accounts lol. I have to learn to stop making the most obvious statements though. I'll keep some of my comments to myself from now on cause I'm just too tired of being gotten at. I'l try my best to look on from afar like I've done for a couple years now.
                        I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• The disrespect is unreal.

Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            The disrespect is unreal.

Seriously, everyone was talking like the Nets were practically contenders, and real threats to the Heat, but now all of a sudden that they're losing to the Raptors, they don't even deserve to play anymore.

Not to mention that these two teams have had two of the best records in the NBA since the new year.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                              Did you guys watch the TNT broadcast? I'm 100% convinced Shaq watches none of the games. He just sits around thinking of stupid things to do and say next time the record light turns on.
                              The whole foot in the garbage can incident is a perfect example of what Shaq brings to the table. Really stupid slapstick comedy. I'm fine with it, as even I thought it was funny Shaq lying on the ground yelling at Kenny that he put the garbage can there, just don't expect anything intelligent or basketball related to come out of Shaq's mouth.

Honestly, Barkley is the only one on the panel that tries to do any kind of meaningful analysis before and during the game. Everyone else stuck to their pre-game memo from TNT "They don't get TNT in Canada so only talk about Brooklyn".

I much prefer the ESPN crew with Bill Simmons and Jalen Rose. Those guys actually watch all the games and give meaningful analysis.
                              I'd love to get a chance to watch the game again with the TNT feed. Leaguepass aside, any suggestions?

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                The disrespect is unreal.

Wow. And yet Washington deserves to move on? So fucking disrespectful to these players laying it all on the line.
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X