Thread: SI's Point Forward All-NBA teams....one Rap landed on the Third Team

Post Thanks / Like

Default SI's Point Forward All-NBA teams....one Rap landed on the Third Team

G: Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors: Lowry, 28, was Toronto’s best player and, contrary to his career inconsistency, one of the steadier two-way guards in the league. He’s just a pain to match up with in every regard. Lowry tests defenders with his blend of quickness, strength and talent for initiating contact. He averaged 17.9 points and 7.4 assists, an output matched by only four players: Paul, Curry, John Wall and Ty Lawson. Among those four, only Paul could claim to be as effective defensively as Lowry. – RM

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/28/all-nba...ight-howard/3/

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Guards ahead of him are: Chris Paul & Steph Curry (1st team) and Goran Dragic and James Harden (2nd team). I think you could make a case for Lowry against either of the 2nd team guys.
    F*ck Brooklyn

2. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star imanshumpert's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There's a small chance that the third team will be Lowry and derozan at guard tbh

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

good for Lowry, he deserves this type of credit! Hopefully he gets the real thing!!

Post Thanks / Like

Love this. Though if Harden can make the 2nd Team then clearly Defense isn't actually a consideration.

Demar for 3rd Team! LOL
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Lowry gets it

Well deserved especially after all star snub

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, just realized they don't even have Paul George in ANY team ... but Harden makes it?! WTF?! I'd say both are right there as the most overrated players, but I'd take George over Harden.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Wow, just realized they don't even have Paul George in ANY team ... but Harden makes it?! WTF?! I'd say both are right there as the most overrated players, but I'd take George over Harden.
    If you read the preamble on their site, they were staying within the league positional rules for voting. Since George was listed as a SF for the All-Star game, and on last year's All-NBA team, then George would have been ineligible to take a guard spot this year.
    F*ck Brooklyn

9. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter fredericklove's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope Lowry gets in, the poor guy didn't even get any player of the week award mentions, but Demar may have a better shot since he's more "popular" this year (all star, go-to-guy stats).

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote fredericklove wrote: View Post
    I hope Lowry gets in, the poor guy didn't even get any player of the week award mentions, but Demar may have a better shot since he's more "popular" this year (all star, go-to-guy stats).
    He (and Dragic) won it the week after being snubbed for the All Star team.

It'd be a shame if he doesn't make an all NBA team this year. Especially when you can make argument for him on the second team. Name value is going to hurt him though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

12. Like fredericklove liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ya I pretty much agree with that entire list, maybe I'd put Anthony Davis over Dirk on 3rd team but Dirk's team made the playoffs.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Ya I pretty much agree with that entire list, maybe I'd put Anthony Davis over Dirk on 3rd team but Dirk's team made the playoffs.
    Barring injury this will likely be the last time The 'Brow is not on the list.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic All-Star Letter N's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
    Barring injury this will likely be the last time The 'Brow is not on the list.
    Agreed. If injuries don't slow him down I could see him being the best player in the game in 5 years.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    George is not a guard this year. In general, forward spots are much MUCH deeper than guard spots this year. Many top guards missed lots of games. How can Harden not make All-NBA? There's no other serious option.

By the way, Indiana will be the big winner in this case. George's next salary depends on him making All-NBA this year. If he doesn't make it, that saves Indiana several mil each year for the next 5 years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Letter N wrote: View Post
    Agreed. If injuries don't slow him down I could see him being the best player in the game in 5 years.
    He will be the best player in 5 years
    #BringBackUzoh

Thread Information