SI's Point Forward All-NBA teams....one Rap landed on the Third Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SI's Point Forward All-NBA teams....one Rap landed on the Third Team

G: Kyle Lowry, Toronto Raptors: Lowry, 28, was Toronto’s best player and, contrary to his career inconsistency, one of the steadier two-way guards in the league. He’s just a pain to match up with in every regard. Lowry tests defenders with his blend of quickness, strength and talent for initiating contact. He averaged 17.9 points and 7.4 assists, an output matched by only four players: Paul, Curry, John Wall and Ty Lawson. Among those four, only Paul could claim to be as effective defensively as Lowry. – RM

http://nba.si.com/2014/04/28/all-nba...ight-howard/3/

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come. Guards ahead of him are: Chris Paul & Steph Curry (1st team) and Goran Dragic and James Harden (2nd team). I think you could make a case for Lowry against either of the 2nd team guys.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

There's a small chance that the third team will be Lowry and derozan at guard tbh

Comment

good for Lowry, he deserves this type of credit! Hopefully he gets the real thing!!

Comment

Love this. Though if Harden can make the 2nd Team then clearly Defense isn't actually a consideration.

Demar for 3rd Team! LOL

Comment

I hope Lowry gets it

Well deserved especially after all star snub

Comment

Wow, just realized they don't even have Paul George in ANY team ... but Harden makes it?! WTF?! I'd say both are right there as the most overrated players, but I'd take George over Harden.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Wow, just realized they don't even have Paul George in ANY team ... but Harden makes it?! WTF?! I'd say both are right there as the most overrated players, but I'd take George over Harden.
              If you read the preamble on their site, they were staying within the league positional rules for voting. Since George was listed as a SF for the All-Star game, and on last year's All-NBA team, then George would have been ineligible to take a guard spot this year.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

I hope Lowry gets in, the poor guy didn't even get any player of the week award mentions, but Demar may have a better shot since he's more "popular" this year (all star, go-to-guy stats).

Comment

fredericklove wrote: View Post
                  I hope Lowry gets in, the poor guy didn't even get any player of the week award mentions, but Demar may have a better shot since he's more "popular" this year (all star, go-to-guy stats).
                  He (and Dragic) won it the week after being snubbed for the All Star team.

It'd be a shame if he doesn't make an all NBA team this year. Especially when you can make argument for him on the second team. Name value is going to hurt him though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Ya I pretty much agree with that entire list, maybe I'd put Anthony Davis over Dirk on 3rd team but Dirk's team made the playoffs.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Ya I pretty much agree with that entire list, maybe I'd put Anthony Davis over Dirk on 3rd team but Dirk's team made the playoffs.
                      Barring injury this will likely be the last time The 'Brow is not on the list.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                        Barring injury this will likely be the last time The 'Brow is not on the list.
                        Agreed. If injuries don't slow him down I could see him being the best player in the game in 5 years.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                          George is not a guard this year. In general, forward spots are much MUCH deeper than guard spots this year. Many top guards missed lots of games. How can Harden not make All-NBA? There's no other serious option.

By the way, Indiana will be the big winner in this case. George's next salary depends on him making All-NBA this year. If he doesn't make it, that saves Indiana several mil each year for the next 5 years.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                            Agreed. If injuries don't slow him down I could see him being the best player in the game in 5 years.
                            He will be the best player in 5 years
                            #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Working...
                            X