Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Where would you rank Kyle Lowry on the all time greatest Raptor?!

Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prophet2k wrote: View Post
    Well I did intimate that he made me a believer from distance this year, but I still find that surprising when I think of some of the shooters of the Rapz past like Dell M.F. Curry, J. Kapono and Wizard Williams.
    How much attention have you actually paid to the Raps this year?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

OMFG! Seriously this should not even be a discussion. Maybe you think that if we heap enough praise on the guy he might just feel so warm and fuzzy that he resigns with us, but this is such a knee-jerk question. Guy has a good contract year and he is suddenly in the discussion of greatest Raptor of all time, B**** Please. I like Lowry's game, I have learned this year that I don't need to worry about him taking deep 3's in clutch situations, which instinctively drive me crazy. He has all the heart of a Alvin Williams(another Villanova product) playing through the pain of injury probably to the detriment of his later years. Has he had the best season ever of a Raptor? a more viable yet debatable point. Lowry didn't even make the all-star team, he didn't set any franchise records(except maybe for triple doubles in a season, have to look that up), He didn't set any NBA records(like Calderon at the stripe), didn't lead the NBA in any statistical category. You can wash his balls until they glisten and shine but best Raptor of all time, patently ridiculous.
    Charges drawn
    1. Kyle Lowry: 84
    2. Derrick Fisher: 55

3. Like enlightenment liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

what about Charles Oakley

is was a hockey player playing basketball

he was a crazy mofo and I digged that about him

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote octothorp wrote: View Post
    Charges drawn
    1. Kyle Lowry: 84
    2. Derrick Fisher: 55
    Thats fucking huge. He won us 84 extra possessions for the cost of an opposition possession.

If on average teams score 1 point per possession, thats 84 more points for us and 84 less points for the opposition, +168 point differential from Kyles extraordinary ability to set his feet straight and telepathically read a drive.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

OMFG! Seriously this should not even be a discussion. Maybe you think that if we heap enough praise on the guy he might just feel so warm and fuzzy that he resigns with us, but this is such a knee-jerk question. Guy has a good contract year and he is suddenly in the discussion of greatest Raptor of all time, B**** Please. I like Lowry's game, I have learned this year that I don't need to worry about him taking deep 3's in clutch situations, which instinctively drive me crazy. He has all the heart of a Alvin Williams(another Villanova product) playing through the pain of injury probably to the detriment of his later years. Has he had the best season ever of a Raptor? a more viable yet debatable point. Lowry didn't even make the all-star team, he didn't set any franchise records(except maybe for triple doubles in a season, have to look that up), He didn't set any NBA records(like Calderon at the stripe), didn't lead the NBA in any statistical category. You can wash his balls until they glisten and shine but best Raptor of all time, patently ridiculous.
    lol this comment. So lets forget about the engine that gave us a franchise leading wins column, and instead focus on Calderons FT%. Good call, definitely what makes or breaks an all-time great Franchise player..

Post Thanks / Like

Well I did intimate that he made me a believer from distance this year, but I still find that surprising when I think of some of the shooters of the Rapz past like Dell M.F. Curry, J. Kapono and Wizard Williams.
    How are those raptors even in the same conversation as Lowry? You feeling okay buddy?

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

how about leading the team to a FRANCHISE HIGH in fucking wins.

9. Like Puffer, Just Is, enlightenment liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    But but but... Calderones FT%?

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    Don't you listen to wiggins? Lowry sucks

Post Thanks / Like

After this last game, NUMBER 1 BABY!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

13. Like enlightenment, buckets liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyle is epic. If he resigns, he will go down as one of the best raptors ever.

Raptors Republic Rookie GoldenBaller's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Your list is more like your favourite playing of all time.

1. Vince Carter
    2. Chris Bosh
    3. Demar Derozan
    4. Kyle Lowry
    5. T-Mac
    6. Mo pete
    7. Jose Calderon

Future #1 on the list: JV

I might be forgetting someone and the last three aren't really in order.
    Last edited by GoldenBaller; Thu May 1st, 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoldenBaller wrote: View Post

1. Vince Carter
    2. Chris Bosh
    3. Demar Derozan
    4. Kyle Lowry
    5. T-Mac
    6. Mo pete
    7. Jose Calderon

Thats a sick team btw

PG: Lowry
    SG: Demar
    SF: Vince
    PF: Bosh
    C: JV

17. Like Kaner9 liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a little surprised no one has picked Bosh over Vince yet. Vince had 2 great years, probably better than any of CBs, but falls off a bit after that. Chris Bosh had 5 great, consistent years. They just could never put anything better than an adequate team around Bosh.

19. Like Kaner9 liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GoldenBaller wrote: View Post

1. Vince Carter
    2. Chris Bosh
    3. Demar Derozan
    4. Kyle Lowry
    5. T-Mac
    6. Mo pete
    7. Jose Calderon

Weird seeing fiddy at the game cheering the raps no less. Thought he would be all Brooklyn boy but I guess not
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Kyle is epic. If he resigns, he will go down as one of the best raptors ever.
    With Lowry and JV, we may end up retiring BCs collars into the rafters.
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Weird seeing fiddy at the game cheering the raps no less. Thought he would be all Brooklyn boy but I guess not
    It was weird but I think, in New York, you're either a Knicks fan or a Nets fan. You route for whoever the other one is playing.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    I'm sure the Nets still stank like New Jersey to most basketball fans....
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

1.Vince
    2.Bosh
    3.Demar
    4.Lowry
    5.AD
    6. Damon and Jose

I think this is the best Raptors team of all time already. The reason I say that is because we are just seeing the beginning of these guys together. Once this team sheds some of the salary baggage that they are carrying and revamps the bench next season I truly believe we are looking at a title contender. I'm not sure if you could have said that about the Vince/AD team. Re-signing Lowry is the most important decision in this franchises history. You have to pay him whatever it takes to keep him here, I doubt he will want to leave anyways. Re-sign Vazquez, re-sign Pat. Trade up in the draft! Use a pick from next year, or and try to move up into the top 15 this year. Idealy getting a wing player, but just pick the best player available at an position. Sign a quality big man who can guard stretch 4's and rebound that is his only role. Move Amir back to the bench, still playing 20-25 minutes, but more of an energy type guy and only ever play him and JV at centre. Could be off base with these thoughts, but I don't think a major free agent sign is necessary, at least not next year.

The core of this team is rock solid, and they have cap space to maneuver. The Raptors have never had this type of dynamic. An impressive present, and a future that looks incredibly promising. I love this team, Lowry is already my favourite Raptor of all time a few more years and Raptors fans could be talking about him, like Pistons fans talk about Isaiah.

Fuck Brooklyn!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I forgot to rank:

1. Jorge Garbajosa
    2. Does not matter

Thread Information