Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Kyle Lowry on the all time greatest Raptor?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Kyle is epic. If he resigns, he will go down as one of the best raptors ever.
    With Lowry and JV, we may end up retiring BCs collars into the rafters.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
      Weird seeing fiddy at the game cheering the raps no less. Thought he would be all Brooklyn boy but I guess not
      It was weird but I think, in New York, you're either a Knicks fan or a Nets fan. You route for whoever the other one is playing.
      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Weird seeing fiddy at the game cheering the raps no less. Thought he would be all Brooklyn boy but I guess not
        I'm sure the Nets still stank like New Jersey to most basketball fans....

Comment

1.Vince
          2.Bosh
          3.Demar
          4.Lowry
          5.AD
          6. Damon and Jose

I think this is the best Raptors team of all time already. The reason I say that is because we are just seeing the beginning of these guys together. Once this team sheds some of the salary baggage that they are carrying and revamps the bench next season I truly believe we are looking at a title contender. I'm not sure if you could have said that about the Vince/AD team. Re-signing Lowry is the most important decision in this franchises history. You have to pay him whatever it takes to keep him here, I doubt he will want to leave anyways. Re-sign Vazquez, re-sign Pat. Trade up in the draft! Use a pick from next year, or and try to move up into the top 15 this year. Idealy getting a wing player, but just pick the best player available at an position. Sign a quality big man who can guard stretch 4's and rebound that is his only role. Move Amir back to the bench, still playing 20-25 minutes, but more of an energy type guy and only ever play him and JV at centre. Could be off base with these thoughts, but I don't think a major free agent sign is necessary, at least not next year.

The core of this team is rock solid, and they have cap space to maneuver. The Raptors have never had this type of dynamic. An impressive present, and a future that looks incredibly promising. I love this team, Lowry is already my favourite Raptor of all time a few more years and Raptors fans could be talking about him, like Pistons fans talk about Isaiah.

Fuck Brooklyn!

Comment

I forgot to rank:

1. Jorge Garbajosa
            2. Does not matter
            That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
              Nailed it.
              Did he though?

Just because Derozan played here for 5 years it doesn't mean that he should be ahead of Lowry.

Greatest Raptors have to mean success. That's why you have to put Alvin williams ahead of Calderon, and if we win a series, Lowry leapfrogs everyone to #3. Derozan would probably be #4.

Bosh would go down one or two pegs, because he never won a series. So if we close out this series, the list is like this:

1. vince
              2. Antonio Davis
              3. lowry
              4. derozan
              5. bosh
              6. alvin williams
              7. jose calderon
              8. mcgrady
              9. mopete
              10. uhhhh.......vince again

Comment

1. Vince Carter

2. Chris Bosh
                3. Antonio Davis
                4. DeMar DeRozan
                5. Kyle Lowry
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

VC is the greatest. Followed by Mo Pete, Stoudamire, Oakley and Williams.

All that due to the legacy they left. (my interpretation of greatest)

Comment

Amir Johnson is the greatest Raptor of all time.
                    "Bruno?
                    Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                    He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think Stoudamire is the most overrated Raptor ever. What legacy? To be the first guy to bail on the team? For being the first volume scorer who was a fully average player in any other situation than getting to be the chucker on a really bad expansion team?

I don't mean to start an argument, or discussion even. Just my opinion. I never understood why people had a soft spot for him. He was the default most popular player in our early terrible years. He was not that good, and he didn't do anything for the franchise.

1. Carter (hands down still at this point)
                      2. Davis (I put him over Bosh because of his leadership while here. He always played balls out and really helped set the tone for the team)
                      3. Bosh (great talent, shit leader and soft as 3-ply moisturized deluxe toilet paper)

After that, it gets mucked up...I would put

4. DeMar
                      5. Alvin
                      6. Jose
                      7. Mo Pete
                      8. Amir

Lowry is not on list until we see if he re-signs. If he does, he jumps up to 5th. And if DeMar and Lowry lead us back to playoffs next year, they move up to 2 and 3.

Comment

What about JYD? I thought he was a great Raptor...but not necessarily for being all that good.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          I think Stoudamire is the most overrated Raptor ever. What legacy? To be the first guy to bail on the team? For being the first volume scorer who was a fully average player in any other situation than getting to be the chucker on a really bad expansion team?

I don't mean to start an argument, or discussion even. Just my opinion. I never understood why people had a soft spot for him. He was the default most popular player in our early terrible years. He was not that good, and he didn't do anything for the franchise.

1. Carter (hands down still at this point)
                          2. Davis (I put him over Bosh because of his leadership while here. He always played balls out and really helped set the tone for the team)
                          3. Bosh (great talent, shit leader and soft as 3-ply moisturized deluxe toilet paper)

After that, it gets mucked up...I would put

4. DeMar
                          5. Alvin
                          6. Jose
                          7. Mo Pete
                          8. Amir

Lowry is not on list until we see if he re-signs. If he does, he jumps up to 5th. And if DeMar and Lowry lead us back to playoffs next year, they move up to 2 and 3.
                          LOL it's true

(Oh no, wait, technically BJ Armstrong was the first)
                          "Stop eating your sushi."
                          "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                          "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

What I like to do is rank a player based on only one season of play when wearing a Raptor uniform.

Here is my list:

1) Vince Carter - (2000-2001)
                            2) Kyle Lowry - (2013-2014)
                            3) Chris Bosh - (2008-2009)
                            4) Jose Calderon - (2007-2008)
                            5) Antonio Davis (2000-2001)
                            6) Tracy McGrady (2000-2001)
                            7) Amir Johnson (2010-2011)
                            8) DeMar Derozan (2013-2014)
                            9) Alvin Williams (2002-2003)

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              What I like to do is rank a player based on only one season of play when wearing a Raptor uniform.

Here is my list:

1) Vince Carter - (2000-2001)
                              2) Kyle Lowry - (2013-2014)
                              3) Chris Bosh - (2008-2009)
                              4) Jose Calderon - (2007-2008)
                              5) Antonio Davis (2000-2001)
                              6) Tracy McGrady (2000-2001)
                              7) Amir Johnson (2010-2011)
                              8) DeMar Derozan (2013-2014)
                              9) Alvin Williams (2002-2003)
                              C'mon now demar does not get any love here in rr. He should at least be above t Mac and Johnson. What did Amir do in that season that has made him 7 and Mac did not have a better year than demar even in the slightest. He was second fiddle to VCR and derozan is 1 or 2 fiddle with klow
                              I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

C'mon now demar does not get any love here in rr. He should at least be above t Mac and Johnson. What did Amir do in that season that has made him 7 and Mac did not have a better year than demar even in the slightest. He was second fiddle to VCR and derozan is 1 or 2 fiddle with klow
                                Forgetting about defense.. TMac/Amir/Davis were really good defenders those years.. Jose was in the 50-40-90 club so that's why I ranked him 4th. DD had a good year offensively but as been stated many times in this forum he's been inefficient. At least he made my top 10.

Comment

Working...
                                X