Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Kyle Lowry on the all time greatest Raptor?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
    TMac is a greater Raptor than Hakeem Olajuwon but not as great as Andrea Bargnani.
    ...You are now entering the Twilight Zone.

Comment

If it's based playing time with the raptors then where's Mike James? He had a couple good years with the raps i guess he's all time greatest too.

Comment

Wiggins wrote: View Post
        If it's based playing time with the raptors then where's Mike James? He had a couple good years with the raps i guess he's all time greatest too.
        LOL I was thinking of making the analogy, but stopped short, for fear of mistakenly comparing him to Kyle Lowry. Lowry eats Mike James for breakfast. No comparison really.

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
          This is probably the nicest thing you've ever said about Lowry.
          Um i've said many times he's a decent player. His problem is he's a decent player at the deepest position in the league. When i say he's an average pg that's not a bad thing. He's just not one of the top ... far from. He'd be a great backup. His skills and mentality are better suited for coming off the bench. As a starter he'd be more suited to shooting guard, unfortunately he's too short to be a shooting guard.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
            LOL I was thinking of making the analogy, but stopped short, for fear of mistakenly comparing him to Kyle Lowry. Lowry eats Mike James for breakfast. No comparison really.
            Mike James is the breakfast of champions.
            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              You got Carter, Bosh, Mighty mouse (Damon Stoudamire), Jose Calderon & Alvin Williams.

My Rankings:

1) Vince Carter

2) Chris Bosh

3) Kyle Lowry

4) Jose Calderon

5) Alvin Williams + Damon Stoudamire

My reason: If Kyle Lowry helps to advance the Raptors to the second round, a good argument could be made that he might deserve to leapfrog over Bosh as the second greatest Raptor ever (Something that Bosh never was able to do). However being that this is the only season Kyle Lowry shine's maybe we have to wait another season or two before we can come up with a more precise rankings and whether he should leapfrog Bosh in the standings as the greatest Raptor.

Your thoughts?!
              That's an interesting idea. Getting to the second round scores him a lot of points, regardless of the fact he's only been here two years.
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

My top 10 Greatest Raptors are

1- Vince Carter
                2-Chris Bosh
                3-Anothino Davis
                4-Demar DeRozan
                5-Jose Calderon
                6-Morris Peterson
                7-Kyle Lowry
                8- Alvin Williams
                9- Damon Stoudamire
                10- TJ Ford
                11- Amir Johnson

in the next year or 2 Demar will be 3rd and Kyle would be 4th
                Last edited by Abbas; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 07:56 PM.
                Abbas wrote:

First of all i was my own source

Comment

This is delusional. Leapfrog over Bosh? You go ask Leo, Jack, Sherm, or Casey and they'll laugh in your face. You all are REALLY over-hyping Lowry. I can't even put Lowry over Morris Peterson or Jose.

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                    That's an important part of a resume. When people talk about Kareem Abdul Jabbar's greatness, they mention all the career records that he has and his longevity. Same with DeMar and his "Raptor greatness." DeMar is top 10 in nearly all Raptors career statistical categories, in some of them top 5. On the Celtics or the Lakers his career achievements would be laughable but in the Raptors history they stand out.
                    if thats the criteria you're going with, then andrea bargnani should also be a candidate for all time greatest raptor. hes been here longer than DD has and is also basically in all 'top 10 raptors career statistical categories". the franchise is so young all you have to do is be here for a while to make those lists. who cares.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                      if thats the criteria you're going with, then andrea bargnani should also be a candidate for all time greatest raptor. hes been here longer than DD has and is also basically in all 'top 10 raptors career statistical categories". the franchise is so young all you have to do is be here for a while to make those lists. who cares.
                      Obviously Bargnani is not a candidate for the greatest ever because there's much more to it than just years and numbers. "Part of a resume" means "part of a resume," not "this is all there is to a resume." I'm surprised it wasn't obvious when you read my post.

Longevity and career numbers won't make Jose Calderon greater than Derrick Rose, but they are a piece of the puzzle and people will probably rank Calderon above many comparable point guards with shorter careers.

As far as the franchise being young and it being relatively easy to make Raptors' career leader lists, yes it is. It's also relatively easy to have a great individual season by the Raptors' standards, or for the team to have a great winning season by the Raptors' standards. Welcome to the Raptors.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        Bargs would probably be in my top 15 like not many legends have worn the rap uni. There's only been like 20 notable players and the rest has been a revolving door with rebuild after rebuild. Nothing to push a player into raptors greatness

Anyway...who's making the game 5 thread, the games tomorrow T. rex we need your luck
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

OMFG! Seriously this should not even be a discussion. Maybe you think that if we heap enough praise on the guy he might just feel so warm and fuzzy that he resigns with us, but this is such a knee-jerk question. Guy has a good contract year and he is suddenly in the discussion of greatest Raptor of all time, B**** Please. I like Lowry's game, I have learned this year that I don't need to worry about him taking deep 3's in clutch situations, which instinctively drive me crazy. He has all the heart of a Alvin Williams(another Villanova product) playing through the pain of injury probably to the detriment of his later years. Has he had the best season ever of a Raptor? a more viable yet debatable point. Lowry didn't even make the all-star team, he didn't set any franchise records(except maybe for triple doubles in a season, have to look that up), He didn't set any NBA records(like Calderon at the stripe), didn't lead the NBA in any statistical category. You can wash his balls until they glisten and shine but best Raptor of all time, patently ridiculous.
                          limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
                            OMFG! Seriously this should not even be a discussion. Maybe you think that if we heap enough praise on the guy he might just feel so warm and fuzzy that he resigns with us, but this is such a knee-jerk question. Guy has a good contract year and he is suddenly in the discussion of greatest Raptor of all time, B**** Please. I like Lowry's game, I have learned this year that I don't need to worry about him taking deep 3's in clutch situations, which instinctively drive me crazy. He has all the heart of a Alvin Williams(another Villanova product) playing through the pain of injury probably to the detriment of his later years. Has he had the best season ever of a Raptor? a more viable yet debatable point. Lowry didn't even make the all-star team, he didn't set any franchise records(except maybe for triple doubles in a season, have to look that up), He didn't set any NBA records(like Calderon at the stripe), didn't lead the NBA in any statistical category. You can wash his balls until they glisten and shine but best Raptor of all time, patently ridiculous.
                            most 3's attempted and made in a season I believe.

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
                              But he has a good chance of being All-NBA (in the deepest position in the league no less), and there's only two other Raps that have ever been in that conversation
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Well I did intimate that he made me a believer from distance this year, but I still find that surprising when I think of some of the shooters of the Rapz past like Dell M.F. Curry, J. Kapono and Wizard Williams.
                                limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Working...
                                X