Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Kyle Lowry on the all time greatest Raptor?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ceez wrote: View Post
    why are people putting bosh over lowry? did we get further in the playoffs with him at some point that i don't remember?
    What exactly would your argument be for Lowry over Bosh?

Comment

ugh, so much Calderon in this thread, it's like you all turned off the TV with 3 minutes left in the game all those years.

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
        Guys!!!! You forgot Andrea!!!!!!!!
        thats kinda my problem...no matter how hard I try I can't forget him
        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

1) andrea bargnani
          2) hedo turkoglu
          3) rafael araujo
          4) joey graham
          5) rashy butler

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
            What exactly would your argument be for Lowry over Bosh?
            He doesn't look like a ostrich
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              He doesn't look like a ostrich
              Yep, pretty much what I expected.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                1) andrea bargnani
                2) hedo turkoglu
                3) rafael araujo
                4) joey graham
                5) rashy butler
                we are ranking our favorite raptors, not playing a game of fuck marry kill....kill...kill
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

if you're sure he won't leave, then why even ask? DD can also leave if he wants to in 2016. not saying lowry is the all-time greatest raptor, but i dont know why you'd pick derozan over him. sounds like its just because hes been here longer and not due to skill or impact on the team.
                  Not only did we DRAFT him, but he was our 1st Representative in the All-Star Game in a long ass time, and the only one not in our 3 Top Players (My Top 3 - VC, Bosh, AD). Not sure how you can say he hasn't had a MASSIVE impact on this team and fanbase.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    we are ranking our favorite raptors, not playing a game of fuck marry kill....kill...kill
                    That would be an interesting one...

Andrea.

Joey G.

Hedo ... Hoffa ... Rasual.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                      Not only did we DRAFT him, but he was our 1st Representative in the All-Star Game in a long ass time, and the only one not in our 3 Top Players (My Top 3 - VC, Bosh, AD). Not sure how you can say he hasn't had a MASSIVE impact on this team and fanbase.
                      in terms of fanbase? sure. by default with bargnani and gay being gone, he just fell into that role. JV isn't ready for the spotlight yet. i'm just saying this is literally the only year where hes actually been good and even then, lowry has had the way bigger impact.

Comment

in terms of fanbase? sure. by default with bargnani and gay being gone, he just fell into that role. JV isn't ready for the spotlight yet. i'm just saying this is literally the only year where hes actually been good and even then, lowry has had the way bigger impact.
                        Well Demar has been a Fan Favourite (Just not RR favourite) since he was a rookie, so doesn`t really have anything to do with Rudy or Andrea leaving.

And "literally the only year he's actually been good" ... seriously? Lol

And again, I'm not sure how you are quantifying "way bigger impact", but I don't see it being that large of a gap.

I just think that on an overall "Raptors Resume", Demar has a bigger one.
                        Not trying to take anything away from Kyle. Just trying to get Demar his due.
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 12:53 PM.

Comment

When I think about this type of question, I always wonder: are we asking who is the best or most talented player to play for the Raps at a time when they are/were great? If that's the case, then VC easily is #1. But I just can't consider VC to be the greatest Raptor ever, simply by the way he left the organization. When you quit on the team, organization and fans, I just can't see how you can receive the title as greatest Raptor ever...that is just straight depressing. Most talented, yes, greatest...screw that.

Comment

in terms of fanbase? sure. by default with bargnani and gay being gone, he just fell into that role. JV isn't ready for the spotlight yet. .
                            In terms of skill, no..but as far as a fan base is concerned JV seems like the most popular raptor to me..everyone loves him. The crowd were going nuts whenever he got the ball in those first couple of playoff games, as I'm sure you'd know as you were there.

Comment

IMO, I would say it goes as follows:

1) VC
                              2) CB4
                              3) Antonio Davis
                              4) Morris Peterson
                              5) Demar Derozan
                              6) Jose Calderon
                              7) Alvin Williams
                              8) Kyle Lowry
                              9) Amir Johnson

I base my ranking on greatest/longest period of positive impact. This is just my view on it though. Obviously, you could put Kyle Lowry higher than Alvin and Jose, but those have guys spent many more years on the Raptors than Lowry. That being said, it says a lot for a guy in his 2nd season on the Raptors to already be on the list of all time greatest Raptor players.
                              I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                              -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                                IMO, I would say it goes as follows:

1) VC
                                2) CB4
                                3) Antonio Davis
                                4) Morris Peterson
                                5) Demar Derozan
                                6) Jose Calderon
                                7) Alvin Williams
                                8) Kyle Lowry
                                9) Amir Johnson

I base my ranking on greatest/longest period of positive impact. This is just my view on it though. Obviously, you could put Kyle Lowry higher than Alvin and Jose, but those have guys spent many more years on the Raptors than Lowry. That being said, it says a lot for a guy in his 2nd season on the Raptors to already be on the list of all time greatest Raptor players.
                                This was my first reaction as well

Comment

Working...
                                X