Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are We All "Debbie Downer's" or Are the Raptors In Some Serious Trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are We All "Debbie Downer's" or Are the Raptors In Some Serious Trouble?

Not referring to the present time which by all accounts we're currently drowning in our own misery, but after this season moving forward can some please convince me that greener pastures are around the corner?

Most Raptors fans think Bosh is as good as gone now, but let's say he does sign a maximum contract with us. Financially we pretty much have no cap room to do anything else (re-signing Amir or other potential free agents), BC also traded away all of our draft picks unless we miss the playoffs this year which we'll have this summer, three contracts in Bargnani, Hedo and Jose that are next to impossible to move and what now seems a coach that can't motivate this team of misfits or a coach that the players are just blocking out now.

I'm not looking for a band aid to fix this franchise, I think at this point a significant surgery is required. That being said, what are our best options right now? As much as I love Bosh, re-signing him doesn't make sense unless Colangelo can move other pieces to builder a stronger more cohesive unit of players that can compliment one another.

So, what are our feasible options this summer and what should this franchise do?

Sincerely and miserably yours,

Doc

I think raptors fans need to take back the power. I'm mentally exhausted from trying to interpret and decipher all of Bosh's coded comments to the media regarding his impending free agency.

With all these potential suitors offering him all sorts of incentive packages, playing in a bigger market, playing with lebron etc.., I feel we have lost sight of the bigger picture. Do we need or even want Bosh to resign?

These are the facts, they are only mostly refutable.

In the immortal words of Shawn Micheals, Bosh is a really, really, really, really good player. He's not great and he can't carry a team on his back like the top tier guys. If your best player is Chris Bosh than you have fairly limited ceiling. If your second and third best players alongside Bosh are an italian and a turk your in serious trouble.

The cap is going down and the new CBA is likely going to reduce the length and size of max contracts. Bosh's max contract could potentially be the elephant in the room in as little as two years.

BC has tried for three years to build around Bosh. He has brought in former stars, current stars and everything in between. Maybe the fundamental problem is the building block, not the window dressing.

Lastly, almost everyone has been impressed with Bosh's new found desire to take the basket to the hole this year. A desire that has been watered down since he returned from injury and is all but certain to completely vanish over the next few years. Who really wants to spend the next five years watching our franchise player shoot mid range jumpers, get beaten by his man and then not take responsibility for the teams inevitable failures.

I can handle losing games as a fan of this franchise, but these blow outs have become insufferable. Someones head has to roll, can someone explain why it shouldn't be Bosh's?

Comment

What Colangelo needs to do is find some Joe Johnson and Raja Bell type steals because even if Bosh leaves they're still going to be capped out for a long time unless the new CBA bails them out.

Comment

Toronto is a cosmopolitan international city and BC built a team of international players.

I am not sure what he was thinking unless he was trying to mirror the Spurs whose success in the 21st century has been due in great part to international players.

Parker - Calderon
        Ginobili - Turkoglu
        Rasho - Rasho
        Oberto - Bargnani

plus

Duncan - Bosh

I don't think BC's plan is working.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          Toronto is a cosmopolitan international city and BC built a team of international players.

I am not sure what he was thinking
          Or maybe a reality exists where many American players don't really want to play in Canada due to taxes and misconceptions brought on by ignorance and misinformation? The whole culture of America is build upon we're better than you, you know it and we'll prove it. Usually when Canada comes up down there its used to either A.) Slam notions of health care reform because heaven forbid that the poor(rapidly growing number) should get quality services or B.) Slam Canada for producing wealth through industry, something America no longer does.
          Last edited by Apollo; Sat Mar 20, 2010, 12:44 PM.

Comment

Two words -- Trade Bargnani
            nbaroundtable

Comment

We'll know for sure after Sunday's game against the Nets. Heaven help us if we lose this one.

And the fact the Bulls have lost 10 straight has masked severity of our current play.
              RR OG

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                We'll know for sure after Sunday's game against the Nets. Heaven help us if we lose this one.
                That game is tonight Ballswin ... not Sunday. Tonight in NJ at 7:30pm.

Comment

I agree with mo-sales, I think letting Bosh walk or sign-and-trading him at this point would make the most sense. I'm pretty sure BC isn't satisfied playing .500 ball for the rest of his tenure. Changes need to made. No more "Suns East" idea; that ship has sailed. Stability in the roster is key, but if the players that are on the roster refuse to play their hardest night in and night out, then you gotta keep moving pieces until you find the right mix of players.

Now, back to Bosh. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable having him be the center piece moving forward anymore. A couple months ago the may not have been my opinion, but I have changed my mind. Since Bosh came back from his injury, he hasn't been the same, and neither has the team. Whether its a fatigue issue or if hes still injured or if he just doesn't care any more, I don't. What I do know is that Bosh is more of a Gasol. You can't win a championship with him alone, but pair him with a superstar, and you will be a contender. BC has tried to surround him with talent, but he just doesn't have the leadership skills to successfully lead his team.

We aren't going anywhere, folks. I bet my left ball on that. Back to square one. Trade Bosh. Trade Jose, Hedo, and any other player thats too lazy to play D, and build around Bargs and DD, and I'm not too sure about Bargs either.
                  "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

I'll as sure as hell take a bad losing "building" season for next year rather than this pitiful "playoff" season. What blows now at this season is that we can suck hard as much as possible, and Chicago will find ways to lose against any team to out bid our team for a lottery pick.

If we go 0.300 or less next year, I want to know that our team is building around a 20 yr old SG or SF, the 20 yr old is the one that should take the last shot and the last drive of the game, and we are going to also get another lottery pick. An elite team usually succeeds on a wing player and we should admit that the BC era started in 2006 fall is OVER! If we want to make trades for our "kinda-talented"- bad contracts, they have to acquire picks or young and smart intangible pieces that will compliment your star-draft-pick.

I truly believed that OKC took the turnaround last year when they stole Thabo Sefalosha form the Bulls. He did not help the team offensively that much, but he himself stabilized the entire lineup between Westbrook and Durant without demanding the ball at all.

If David Kahn (GM of the Timberwolves) is so retarded at his first day on the job, try to trade Jose or Hedo for Corey Brewer somehow, it might work (LOL)...

Comment

Working...
                    X