Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the Pacers lose 1st round, is PG available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I initially came into the thread I thought PG meant Point Guard and was wondering why the hell we would want George Hill. Wanting Hill is less ridiculous than Indiana wanting to trade Paul George though. If they do a complete rebuild they trade everyone except George and build around him.

A more interesting question is what the market for Hibbert would be. Obviously we have no interest, but a lot of teams around the league would. For instance, I could see Atlanta send Schroeder, Nogueira/Antic, and filler to the Pacers for Hibbert.
    Hibbert is on a max deal but clearly not a max player, so it would be very interesting. Way more plausible than Paul George being moved.

Comment

The real question is, would you trade derozan and jonas for pg and hibbert

We get pg but have to take on Hibbert, they get derozan who everybody wants gone (I don't) and jv who is by far better than hibbert

I personally would never do that even if pg is coming here
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

We get pg but have to take on Hibbert, they get derozan who everybody wants gone (I don't) and jv who is by far better than hibbert

Yeah... definitely no deal for me.

The fact that Hibbert can't punish smaller players on the glass or in the post worries me. He's too one dimensional.
        "Bruno?
        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post

Easily. Indiana never does that deal.

Also, lets not get carried away with Hibbert. He sucks now but he played tremendous defensive basketball for most of this year and last year, and he will probably get out of this funk at some point. There would be plenty of teams that would take him for cap space if the Raptors wouldn't want him.

Comment

Would never happen. This shouldn't even be a thread. I do see ATL beating INDY and when that happens, I see big changes to the roster but none involving PG. Probably start of with getting a more dominant point guard.
            Last edited by Jordan Evans; Tue Apr 29, 2014, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Jordan Evans wrote: View Post
              Would never happen. This shouldn't even be a thread. I do see ATL beating INDY and when that happens, I see big changes to the roster but none involving PG. Probably start of with getting a more dominant point guard.
              Or even a real point guard.....

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                Or even a real point guard.....
                I wonder how much their failures to get a decent real point guard have to do with Bird himself never playing with a real point guard.

I think a point guard could be a huge help, but I'm not sure that Vogel is able to reach Lance Stephenson at this point. They used to have great ball movement. Now Lance pounds the ball for 10 seconds. I doubt that Vogel never tried to go back to better ball movement, so Lance is probably just not listening to him anymore. They probably need one of Vogel or Lance to go.

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                  No way. They finally have reason for optimism, they can't get rid of him now
                  Have you watched them at all since the All-Star break?

Losing in the first round is a nail in the coffin for this specific lineup. Imagine this boards' obsession with gutting the team, I could only imagine the Pacers fans.

But due to his age, they will probably try to keep PG
                  The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                    Its hard not to have PG in the superstar debate. 22.6 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 5.2 apg, 2.8 spg, on 46.8% FG and 51.5% 3pt in this years playoffs.

Dude plays serious defense as well.
                    Yeah, those are great stats, didn't realize he was tearing it up like that. Nonetheless, I wonder if that team falls apart like it has if Durant or James is on it instead of George? He's putting up impressive numbers this series so maybe they turn it around...we'll see. I still consider him below the best, but those are certainly superstar numbers.

Comment

Despite the fact he's their superstar, he's also the only one playing excellent in this series for them. You don't let a top 10 player go just because of a first round loss, this was his first year being a superstar as well.

Hill, Stephenson, West, Hibbert, Vogel and everyone else except Larry Bird would leave Indiana before George does.

Comment

Have you watched them at all since the All-Star break?

Losing in the first round is a nail in the coffin for this specific lineup. Imagine this boards' obsession with gutting the team, I could only imagine the Pacers fans.

But due to his age, they will probably try to keep PG

I meant specifically Paul George is a reason for optimism

Comment

wallz wrote: View Post
                          I meant specifically Paul George is a reason for optimism
                          Oh fair enough then. I just wonder if the GM might cash out on him for another young star and a ton of draft picks. Derozan and all our draft picks? probably not, but its going to be interesting what Indy does in the summer.
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

None of the Pacers woes are on George. They really messed up the chemistry with the Evan Turner trade. Larry Bird tried to get a little bit too cute so that he would have leverage when Lance Stephenson became a free agent. So now, you've got 2 soon-to-be free agents (Turner & Stephenson) who play the same position competing for minutes and their future livelihoods, and at the same time you lose a respected locker room leader in Granger. Recipe for disaster.

Comment

Oh fair enough then. I just wonder if the GM might cash out on him for another young star and a ton of draft picks. Derozan and all our draft picks? probably not, but its going to be interesting what Indy does in the summer.
                              I really think they'll do everything they can to hold onto him regardless of this season. The hardest part of a championship team to acquire is a leader/superstar, and they have him already. Even if they blow up the rest of the team, at least they have a young star to build around. He ain't no Jrue Holliday

Comment

What in the world is going on here?
                                What do you have to be smoking to post in this forum?
                                So far I've heard ...

1 You would "even consider" letting Demar DeRozan go to get Paul George
                                2 Amir Johnson is Ibaka-like?
                                3 Jonas is by far better than Hibbert?
                                4 Lowry is, never mind just pgs, but a top 6 guard (point and shooting) in the league?

LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X