Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread: Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hayes over jv for that long was just stupid. And s almons confidence is at an all time low how hes still playing is beyond me

Post Thanks / Like

Lest we forget:

DD and his clutch free throw shooting.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

3. Like Raptorsnz, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    Lest we forget:

Absolutely. The atmosphere was so tense in the ACC when DD went to the line. He came through big time, and his performance tonight was a major reason for why the Raptors jumped to a 26 point lead, and ultimately to victory.

Let me tell you, when Demar hit that corner 3, BK's players looked absolutely stunned. They didn't recover from that until the beginning of the 4th.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lest we forget:

Very underrated aspect. Especially during this year's playoff's first round where missed free throws at the end of the game HAVE decided games.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
    I have my defibrillator ready for this game!

all we need is an amiracle for this game

Did you use it? I could have
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    Absolutely. The atmosphere was so tense in the ACC when DD went to the line. He came through big time, and his performance tonight was a major reason for why the Raptors jumped to a 26 point lead, and ultimately to victory.

Let me tell you, when Demar hit that corner 3, BK's players looked absolutely stunned. They didn't recover from that until the beginning of the 4th.
    "Scouting report says he can't shoot 3s..."

"Your scouting report is from 2010."

8. Like YoungGunRaptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Did you use it? I could have
    I sure did ... and finished off with some beer to make everything feel better

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lest we forget:

Yup. I don't care what other say. That was not easy, specially in that pressurized situation. KD just last night missed 1 late in the OT to tie the game. Chris Paul back in Game 1 missed 2 crucial freethrows late in the game.

DeRozan tonight was what, 6/6 in the FT line in the 4th? lets not forget he also hit 2 big time shots there late in the 4th.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

In the playoffs it doesn't matter how you won, winning is the only thing that matters. 13 more wins to go hahaha
    "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in: I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me? No! I am the one who knocks!"

- Walter White

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of people don't think so but I really think this game can give Brooklyn a lot of confidence. One they got Joe Johnson going again and were able to figure out a lineup that gave us the world of trouble. Second this is probably the worst they've played for the whole series and they still only lost by 2 or whatever. Hopefully we make adjustments but i don't know man. Happy we were able to learn our lesson through a win but if I were Brooklyn I wouldn't feel discouraged about this loss at all.

Raptors Republic Rookie Niagara Raptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think this sums up the game for me

14. Like YoungGunRaptor, consmap, MACK11, JimiCliff liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    A lot of people don't think so but I really think this game can give Brooklyn a lot of confidence. One they got Joe Johnson going again and were able to figure out a lineup that gave us the world of trouble. Second this is probably the worst they've played for the whole series and they still only lost by 2 or whatever. Hopefully we make adjustments but i don't know man. Happy we were able to learn our lesson through a win but if I were Brooklyn I wouldn't feel discouraged about this loss at all.
    Although they did find something that worked Im sure were not gonna play the stupid again, the amount of open shots Teletubby got, then Amir fouling 3 point shooter, Casey thinking Hayes is some superstar and benching JV with only 2 fouls and Also they went on the run when KG,PP were on the bench. KG AND PP are gonna be playing on Friday and JV is gonna abuse the skeleton KG is
    He's 2 years away from being 2 years away, but his wingspan is already here .

Raptors Republic Starter YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Niagara Raptor wrote: View Post
    I think this sums up the game for me
    LOL, this is actually exactly how the game went!

Raps came out with all guns blazing, only to be brought down to their knees, until Demar and Kyle Lowry iced the game with clutch shooting!

Being a Raptors fan is not very good for your health.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."

Demar Derozan

17. Like Niagara Raptor, TRex liked this post
    Raptors Republic Starter hotfuzz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't care if he has led us to 48 wins, but Casey needs to go next year. Wayyyy too many bone-headed moves.
    "Duh! Winning"
    - Charlie Sheen

Post Thanks / Like

20. Like blackjitsu liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Although they did find something that worked Im sure were not gonna play the stupid again, the amount of open shots Teletubby got, then Amir fouling 3 point shooter, Casey thinking Hayes is some superstar and benching JV with only 2 fouls and Also they went on the run when KG,PP were on the bench. KG AND PP are gonna be playing on Friday and JV is gonna abuse the skeleton KG is
    You're right. I have faith that Casey will think of some way defensively to shut down that group that got them back into the game. Probably giving Casey too much credit there but I have no other choice to believe in him at this point. Also Amir and Patterson have to play better D on Teletovic and stop fouling guys at the three point line. That was just beyond ridiculous. The positive is we can't play any worse than we played in that fourth quarter (I hope).

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post

Random

Raptors Republic Starter bryan colangelo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Honestly, the best way to guard that line-up is with Patterson and Amir as our bigs, which is what we would normally do.

But yeah, all this proves is we can't guard Johnson one-on-one, at all. I actually think Salmons did a decent job, considering, but a Landry Fields sighting would be nice if they send out a line-up that takes away the double team.

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a question to settle the debate (though it won't). On the last play, if the whistle wasn't blown (raps tipped the ball..no backcourt violation) and JV tipped that ball, would it have been goaltending? It didn't look like the ball was going to make it to the rim. Is it just that the ball has to be on it's descent, regardless if it was going to reach the rim, to be goaltending? Or would they have to judge whether it had a shot of going in?
    It's not just about Lowry...It's about the 3 spot.

Page 46 of 56 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast

Thread Information