Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mamba Mentality

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Although they did find something that worked Im sure were not gonna play the stupid again, the amount of open shots Teletubby got, then Amir fouling 3 point shooter, Casey thinking Hayes is some superstar and benching JV with only 2 fouls and Also they went on the run when KG,PP were on the bench. KG AND PP are gonna be playing on Friday and JV is gonna abuse the skeleton KG is
      You're right. I have faith that Casey will think of some way defensively to shut down that group that got them back into the game. Probably giving Casey too much credit there but I have no other choice to believe in him at this point. Also Amir and Patterson have to play better D on Teletovic and stop fouling guys at the three point line. That was just beyond ridiculous. The positive is we can't play any worse than we played in that fourth quarter (I hope).
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Random

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
          A lot of people don't think so but I really think this game can give Brooklyn a lot of confidence. One they got Joe Johnson going again and were able to figure out a lineup that gave us the world of trouble. Second this is probably the worst they've played for the whole series and they still only lost by 2 or whatever. Hopefully we make adjustments but i don't know man. Happy we were able to learn our lesson through a win but if I were Brooklyn I wouldn't feel discouraged about this loss at all.
          Honestly, the best way to guard that line-up is with Patterson and Amir as our bigs, which is what we would normally do.

But yeah, all this proves is we can't guard Johnson one-on-one, at all. I actually think Salmons did a decent job, considering, but a Landry Fields sighting would be nice if they send out a line-up that takes away the double team.

Comment

• Just a question to settle the debate (though it won't). On the last play, if the whistle wasn't blown (raps tipped the ball..no backcourt violation) and JV tipped that ball, would it have been goaltending? It didn't look like the ball was going to make it to the rim. Is it just that the ball has to be on it's descent, regardless if it was going to reach the rim, to be goaltending? Or would they have to judge whether it had a shot of going in?

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
              I don't care if he has led us to 48 wins, but Casey needs to go next year. Wayyyy too many bone-headed moves.
              Let's reserve judgement until the Raptors get bounced, shall we?

If Casey takes us past round and somehow manages to get this group to take the Heat to 7 games, I say he stays. That would equal over-achieving.

I think our Landry Field and JV fetishes have duped people into thinking this team has more talent than it actually does.

Comment

• has to make the rim.... i only saw it from one angle.

But if it was gonna make the cylander than yes, it would have been a raptor loss

JV is an idiot

Comment

• I literally can't remember the last time the raptors actually kept a big lead, they always have to give us a heart attack Lol.

Comment

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    Just a question to settle the debate (though it won't). On the last play, if the whistle wasn't blown (raps tipped the ball..no backcourt violation) and JV tipped that ball, would it have been goaltending? It didn't look like the ball was going to make it to the rim. Is it just that the ball has to be on it's descent, regardless if it was going to reach the rim, to be goaltending? Or would they have to judge whether it had a shot of going in?
                    I saw the replay and it was pretty clear that no one from the Raptors touched the ball, but yes, that was a bonehead move by JV.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                      Let's reserve judgement until the Raptors get bounced, shall we?

If Casey takes us past round and somehow manages to get this group to take the Heat to 7 games, I say he stays. That would equal over-achieving.

I think our Landry Field and JV fetishes have duped people into thinking this team has more talent than it actually does.
                      Come on! I mean, even I know not to trot out a lineup with Hayes and Salmons. That's like 5 v 3.
                      Last edited by hotfuzz; Thu May 1, 2014, 01:03 AM.
                      "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• Ugh, DD did that wave away a screener for an iso thing again. And in the clutch too. Amir came to set a screen, DD waved him away and iso'd on JJ for a contested step back 3 at the top of the key. Just ugly basketball.

I think this is it.

http://on.nba.com/1hZk5fm
                        twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• DanH wrote: View Post
                          Ugh, DD did that wave away a screener for an iso thing again. And in the clutch too. Amir came to set a screen, DD waved him away and iso'd on JJ for a contested step back 3 at the top of the key. Just ugly basketball.

I think this is it.

http://on.nba.com/1hZk5fm
                          He did that so he wouldn't get double teamed and have to pass the ball, because the Nets were trapping him at every opportunity

Selfish play by him
                          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Brooklyn boards saying lowry is the worst flopper in the league and a disgrace to the NBA. He has single handedly ruined the credibility of this series and his personal character is disgusting. How can raptors fans be happy when they have someone flopping their way to a win.

lol too funny.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              Brooklyn boards saying lowry is the worst flopper in the league and a disgrace to the NBA. He has single handedly ruined the credibility of this series and his personal character is disgusting. How can raptors fans be happy when they have someone flopping their way to a win.

lol too funny.
                              Hate to face him.

LOVE to have him.
                              OG is our king

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                Brooklyn boards saying lowry is the worst flopper in the league and a disgrace to the NBA. He has single handedly ruined the credibility of this series and his personal character is disgusting. How can raptors fans be happy when they have someone flopping their way to a win.

lol too funny.
                                They salty they can't have him and have Dwill as they're starting PG LMAO
                                "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Working...
                                X