Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Absolutely. At one point during the chant they cut to a shot of Johnson, and you could actually see him becoming pissed off.

And then the Nets start that insane run.
    I think Johnson is the only player is the league with a more blank face than Tim Duncan so I can't even imagine this.

Comment

• The play with the back court violation was not even a reviewable play according to their video review policy. They illegally reviewed that play. You cannot go to replay to determine a back court violation. The call would have had to come from the floor. They could have reviewed if the shot was taken in time or the goal tend but not the actual back court violation or if it was touched by a raptor player.

http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/me...Situations.pdf
      Last edited by Pill; Thu May 1, 2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

• Pill wrote: View Post
        The play with the back court violation was not even a reviewable play according to their video review policy. They illegally reviewed that play. You cannot go to replay to determine a back court violation. The call would have had to come from the floor. The could have reviewed if the shot was taken in time or the goal tend but not the actual back court violation or if it was touched by a raptor player.

I actually thought they were just reviewing to check how much time was left on the clock.

Comment

The play with the back court violation was not even a reviewable play according to their video review policy. They illegally reviewed that play. You cannot go to replay to determine a back court violation. The call would have had to come from the floor. They could have reviewed if the shot was taken in time or the goal tend but not the actual back court violation or if it was touched by a raptor player.

They were only reviewing to check how much time to put on the clock. There was never any question to the backcourt violation.

EDIT: WMCJ beat me to it.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I actually thought they were just reviewing to check how much time was left on the clock.
            Probably the case but both feeds I had on were implying that they were taking a look at the play. Not that it was already determined to be a raptor ball with undetermined time remaining.

Comment

Probably the case but both feeds I had on were implying that they were taking a look at the play. Not that it was already determined to be a raptor ball with undetermined time remaining.
              I don't know. Commentators don't always know what's going on. You could tell from replays they showed on the raps broadcast it was all about time. All shots were trying to get a shot of the clock in.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Were either of them the TSN feed? Because Matt and Jack clearly state they were just reviewing for time. Which they do themselves and determine 1.0 seconds, instead of 0.0.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                  Well said. Very fair.

Another theory is simple — JV is still learning English. He plays a lot better when Amir or Hayes are on the floor with him to communicate to him and the rest of the team on defense. I don't really seem him on the floor with Hansborough or Patterson that much, but maybe I'm just imagining things.

Comment

• JV is 7ft tall that is enough. Any combo of Patterson, Hayes, Hands won't work each needs to be poaired with one big.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                      Casey should be angry at himself. He's playing a dangerous game trying to buy minutes with Hayes and Salmons and Ross. He needs to run JV and Vasquez out there big minutes.
                      Less GV. One of the reasons why we lost that huge lead was because GV cannot defend worth a damn. That is why Ross should be playing because of his defense. If you are playing Lowry and DD you don't need another ball dominant guard to dribble around. You go for defense and spot up shooting to spread the floor. I dare the Nets to keep leaving Ross open. Once he sees a few go in....

KeonClark wrote: View Post
                      Hayes over jv for that long was just stupid. And s almons confidence is at an all time low how hes still playing is beyond me
                      Hayes playing so long was an idiotic move by Casey.

And Salmons shouldn't see the court. In perspective, Salmons is 2/11 and -34, Ross is 6/26 and a -8. Ross' defense has been quite good the last 2 games now so there is no reason to play Salmons over Ross at this point. Ross I believe can start shooting better...Salmons just can't shoot anymore.

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                      DD and his clutch free throw shooting.
                      Indeed. I wanted the ball to go into either DD's or Lowry's if in those foul situations.

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      Is DD allergic to throwing Lobs to Tross? LMAO

He had 2 opportunities today and one the game before, It's not like these passes are that difficult.

Just throw it up there TRoss can dunk anything just ask Kenneth Faried
                      Not just the lob....but I would like to see DD pass it on the fast break for once. He tries to take it by himself and it is so easy to defend and the Raps don't get the easy 2. Also he doesn't know his teammates, Ross is one of those guys that you make sure you find in open court basketball because he is an ELITE player there that almost cannot be stopped.

Comment

• My mistake then. Although it is odd to read/watch the reaction/speculation in this thread/online/on TV if the play and review were clearly stated as just reviewed for time.

Comment

My mistake then. Although it is odd to read/watch the reaction/speculation in this thread/online/on TV if the play and review were clearly stated as just reviewed for time.
                          Ya I didn't really understand that to be honest...

Comment

• Casey is in love with Salmons. The press conference the other day he mentioned John Salmons like 5x when he did very little on the court. I would start checking rest stops for those 2.

One thing I will say for 2Pat in that game. He really mistimed a few jumps for rebounds. I remember 2 specific plays were he jumped so early that he was landing by the time the guy next to/behind him caught the rebound. He seemed a little too keyed up.

Comment

• 2Pat was overplayed for long stretches and in mismatches., When he and Hayes are on the floor together he's the center protecting the rim

Comment

• 2pat had an off night. That bodes well because he's been playing really good this series so I think he'll bounce back in g6
                                9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X