Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consmap wrote: View Post
    Owch.
    Stephen A Smith obviously referring to, and defending Lenn Robbins, who called out the Brooklyn Fans on Twitter during last nights game:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...010933826.html

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

Might be the first time ever I agree with Stephen A. Smith. That was a hell of a rant against Brooklyn fans.

Comment

• Tell Kidd to go spill another drink. The man was fined for cheating as a coach....nice leadership.

Comment

• "To-tor-tor-torn.... Its Canada! They are known for hockey and they cheer louder than you!"

Hmmmmm, maybe Toronto fans are just awesome, f*ck the sport????????

Comment

• mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
            "To-tor-tor-torn.... Its Canada! They are known for hockey and they cheer louder than you!"

Hmmmmm, maybe Toronto fans are just awesome, f*ck the sport????????
            Tell that to the argonauts
            9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post

I maintain that the Brooklyn Nets cannot have good fans for at least 10 years because if you grew up in NY (even Brooklyn) and you actually cared about basketball you'd be a Knicks fan. It's like if they added a 2nd Toronto team in the NHL, no self respecting hockey fan is flipping to cheer for them.

Comment

• MixxAOR wrote: View Post
                Kidd called Raptors floppers basically.

He's just trying to play the refs. Phil Jackson used to do it all the time.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                  I maintain that the Brooklyn Nets cannot have good fans for at least 10 years because if you grew up in NY (even Brooklyn) and you actually cared about basketball you'd be a Knicks fan. It's like if they added a 2nd Toronto team in the NHL, no self respecting hockey fan is flipping to cheer for them.
                  What if they were called the Mississauga [something] though. Might get some people switching sides, especially if they're a better team than the Leafs.
                  "Bruno?
                  Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                    The flipside being, if you live in Brooklyn, you consider yourself a Brooklynite. Not a New Yorker (My cousins live in Brooklyn). And to now have your own team to cheer for vs. a borrowed one from across the bridge, should be a big deal.

New Yorkers are proud. Brooklynites are prouder. Or so I thought anyway.
                    With all the gentrification, no one really has serious roots in Brooklyn anymore. So you're right.

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                      What if they were called the Mississauga [something] though. Might get some people switching sides, especially if they're a better team than the Leafs.
                      Never.

The middle of the line casual fans would flip but you would never see a person who posts on a message board or is decked out in gear for a mid-season game or was a fan when Dougie and Wendel played flipping. It would be blasphemy and I think it's the same in NYC.

edit: especially if they added a bunch of old ass allstars that you spent booing for the last 10 years. It'd be like if this hypothetical Mississauga team added Alfredsson, Lucic and St. Louis and was like 'ok, cheer for these guys now because teenagers think their jerseys are hip'
                      Last edited by Letter N; Thu May 1, 2014, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                          We the Interested

Comment

• Alot of people waiting for Hockey highlights

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Doesn't this outright SHATTER the record they JUST set for Game 4?

That's absolutely insane. Who would have thought that if you put the Raptors on a good channel...people will watch?
                              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Just Is wrote: View Post
                                Doesn't this outright SHATTER the record they JUST set for Game 4?

That's absolutely insane. Who would have thought that if you put the Raptors on a good channel...people will watch?
                                Game 4 audience was 2nd-best result in raps history.

Comment

Working...
                                X