Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #5: Brooklyn Nets 113 - Toronto Raptors 115 (Raptors Lead Series 3-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Yeah, but a lot of other times, JV is posting deep or moving to make a quick screen, and DD has an easy entry pass or PnR setup, but waves JV away to iso.
    I haven't seen DD wave away JV once... Sometimes he misses him on the roll, yes, but I have never seen the situation you just described happen... ever.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Since when does DD call his own ISOs?

Usually a broken play ends up with DD getting the ball in his hands with <10 seconds on the shotclock and HAS to Iso. I've never ever ever seen DD call his own name. Kyle is the own that calls plays.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
        See, I don't see what you're seeing. Lots of times, JV is being denied the entry or Demar is getting trapped. Ofcourse there are things both players can do to make the pass possible, but its not a matter of 'I don't like JV as an offensive option' type choice
        I have absolutely, 100% seen this dozens of times over the course of the year. However, as I mentioned above, I'm not ready to put that on Demar: it could be that the rules of the offence are that JV should not be given the ball in those instances. Who knows? But, it happens for sure.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

https://vine.co/v/Mrm5jUbeuz7

Comment

Usually a broken play ends up with DD getting the ball in his hands with <10 seconds on the shotclock and HAS to Iso. I've never ever ever seen DD call his own name. Kyle is the own that calls plays.
            Yeah, because there's no time for a screen with 8 seconds on the clock. DD calls his own name at least several times a game when the defense pressures and he backs off for an iso instead of using a screen.
            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I'd never seen it happen before the playoffs, but yeah I can think of two specific cases where he literally waved JV off as he was setting a screen, and went ISO.
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                I have absolutely, 100% seen this dozens of times over the course of the year. However, as I mentioned above, I'm not ready to put that on Demar: it could be that the rules of the offence are that JV should not be given the ball in those instances. Who knows? But, it happens for sure.
                I think that many of you guys are not taking into account what the defense is doing. When I see during game threads people yelling 'PASS TO JV' its literally on a play where Demar gets swarmed, yes JV is open, but the pass will likely lead to a TO.

Comment

I read on the Brooklyn forum that apparently pierce and garnett have never lost a game 5 when the series is tied 2-2 since they have been together. Apparently they are 9-0 in that situation. Here's hoping we make it 9-1

Comment

DanH wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, because there's no time for a screen with 8 seconds on the clock. DD calls his own name at least several times a game when the defense pressures and he backs off for an iso instead of using a screen.
                    I'd never seen it happen before the playoffs, but yeah I can think of two specific cases where he literally waved JV off as he was setting a screen, and went ISO.
                    How exactly does that look? Does he use his hands to physically wave him off? I swear, I haven't seen this once.

Comment

Comment

How exactly does that look? Does he use his hands to physically wave him off? I swear, I haven't seen this once.
                        Yes, he shoos him away! And again, I've never seen this happen in the regular season.
                        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                          I read on the Brooklyn forum that apparently pierce and garnett have never lost a game 5 when the series is tied 2-2 since they have been together. Apparently they are 9-0 in that situation. Here's hoping we make it 9-1
                          Pierce and Garnett have also never been this old before
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Yes, he shoos him away! And again, I've never seen this happen in the regular season.
                            Ill look out for it this game, hopefully its restricted to short clock situations.

Comment

I haven't seen DD wave away JV once... Sometimes he misses him on the roll, yes, but I have never seen the situation you just described happen... ever.
                              Took me two minutes checking his shots from last game. Check game 4, score is 49-39 with 3:00 left in the first half. Exactly as I described.

NBA.com has full highlights for all FGA's. Try this link:

http://on.nba.com/1n3LiTo
                              Last edited by DanH; Wed Apr 30, 2014, 04:28 PM.
                              twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

I think that many of you guys are not taking into account what the defense is doing. When I see during game threads people yelling 'PASS TO JV' its literally on a play where Demar gets swarmed, yes JV is open, but the pass will likely lead to a TO.
                                I'm talking about basic post-entry plays, during the regular season, when the defence is not trying hard to deny anything, where Demar always reverses it back to the centre of the court instead of going down low.

But I agree with you: the plays, specifically from last game, where it looked like JV may have been wide open on the rolls - on a couple of those plays, JV had rolled too deep and there was no passing lane.
                                Last edited by JimiCliff; Wed Apr 30, 2014, 04:32 PM.
                                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                                X