Kevin Durant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
    With Durant, many people would have to sacrifice many shots and points.
    I don't think that's very true. OKC doesn't have a very balanced attack, and he really has to score for them to be successful. I think on a team with more weapons, he would gladly sacrifice some shots to spread things around, and I'm sure other people would give up a couple of points for the chance to have that kind of player as a teammate.

Comment

If you want to see a man frustrated watch KD having to put up 30+ shots to keep OKC in the game,series after series, when Westbrook goes 3-30

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
        If you want to see a man frustrated watch KD having to put up 30+ shots to keep OKC in the game,series after series, when Westbrook goes 3-30
        Yes KD, let the anger consume you.

COME! COME YOUNG ONE!!!
        The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
          Yes KD, let the anger consume you.

COME! COME YOUNG ONE!!!
          COME TO THE NORTH SIDE!

*inserts image of Darth Ujiri*

Comment

Does cap space really matter when signing a guy like Durant? I hope MLSE would be willing to go over the cap if they could sign him.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              Does cap space really matter when signing a guy like Durant? I hope MLSE would be willing to go over the cap if they could sign him.
              Cap space matters a lot.

The nba has a soft cap.

You can only go over it to resign your own players, sign using an exception, or taking back more salary in a trade.

Durant isn't a raptor - strike one.
              Durant isn't signing for $5.15m - largest free agent exception.
              Durant is unlikely to be willingly traded to the raptors by OKC.

So yes, cap space in 2016 definitely matters.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                Cap space matters a lot.

The nba has a soft cap.

You can only go over it to resign your own players, sign using an exception, or taking back more salary in a trade.

Yup. In other words, it doesn't matter how much MLSE is willing to spend. It's impossible to sign Durant without cap space.

Comment

I think it would be a little foolish to clear cap space by tearing apart your team for a slim chance at Durant. If you can do it without doing something rash like not resigning Lowry (if the asking price is reasonable, which given the lack of teams who need a star point guard, really should be), or trading DeRozan for 90 cents on the dollar (or even I'd say trading him in an even trade would be inadvisable). Tearing apart the team for a 5% chance at Durant would backfire horribly.

It's OK for us fans to dream. I think Masai should play it a little more practically.
                  That is a normal collar. Move on, find a new slant.

Comment

Other Scott wrote: View Post
                    I think it would be a little foolish to clear cap space by tearing apart your team for a slim chance at Durant. If you can do it without doing something rash like not resigning Lowry (if the asking price is reasonable, which given the lack of teams who need a star point guard, really should be), or trading DeRozan for 90 cents on the dollar (or even I'd say trading him in an even trade would be inadvisable). Tearing apart the team for a 5% chance at Durant would backfire horribly.

It's OK for us fans to dream. I think Masai should play it a little more practically.
                    The great thing about clearing cap space is there are more than free agents to use it on. KD likely is a pipe dream but just like in Dumb and Dumber, "So you're telling me there is a chance!?!?!" And trading away any asset for less than market value is stupid - unless you get to the point where you have a conditional agreement in place with Durant in those first 10 days of July and have to make the space.

One area the Raptors have been brutal in under Colangelo were the middling contracts. You can't have role guys making $4-7M (think: Kleiza and Fields) and you can't have guys like Bargnani, Calderon, and Gay making $10+M.

Comment

Way smarter to make moves that help the franchise and build up success. I absolutely am against tearing apart the team for the hope of KD, especially when we don't have to. Contracts are moveable, and there are a bunch of bad teams with cap space. The Warriors, Bulls, Clippers, Pacers, Rockets etc have built really good teams. But if Melo wanted to join the Bulls (possibility) they can move Booz. Warriors could move Bogut and Speights for Monroe, Clippers could move Redick, Crawford, Dudley and Barnes for Melo, Pacers would move Hill, Scola and Copeland for Bledsoe, all those teams would have something approaching max cap space by flipping those guys (with picks attached) to teams with cap space.

Since we're not NY or LA, we can't just assume people will come here, even factoring in the fact that KD grew up a raptors fan. I would much rather see the Raptors making solid moves (Signing a legit SF to backup Ross and replace Salmons's corpse, a C with size and smarts in the tail-end of their career to mentor/spell Val) that improve the team without handing out stupid contracts. Instead of just leaving the Salmons/Hayes money empty, something like 10-12 million for a combo like GV, Okafor/Kaman/O'Neal and Garcia (plus maybe a 10-15 minute SG) gives us a better chance in the playoffs. There's no need to tear the team apart, especially when your key 2 guys are only making about 22-24 mil next year (guessing on KL). Smart short-term role players and movable contracts are what you need. Iggy went to GSW thanks to moved contracts, and Melo might do the same thing in CHI.
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

One area the Raptors have been brutal in under Colangelo were the middling contracts. You can't have role guys making $4-7M (think: Kleiza and Fields) and you can't have guys like Bargnani, Calderon, and Gay making $10+M.
                        This. If Ujiri eliminates the MLE role salary then we can have our stars make big money while still staying under the cap. For example OKC has Perkins making nearly 8.7 mil, and Sefalosha (who hasn't been spectacular all year) making 3.9...they are lucky that they have a lot of GOOD vets on minimum deals and rookie contracts otherwise they would be screwed because of those 2 contracts.

Comment

On Grantland there's is an article on Salary Structure. Big contracts affect regular season success but Mid contracts affect playoff success. Playoffs are about matchups.

Comment

Cap space matters a lot.

The nba has a soft cap.

Good to know, thanks.
                            How's life as mcHappy Matt? Lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Good to know, thanks.
                              How's life as mcHappy Matt? Lol

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
                              Good.

Yesterday McDonald's honoured me with a day.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                                He looks strangely like Bosh in that background one.

edit: is that because the original was bosh? d'oh
                                It wasn't bosh. When bosh left the nets were still in joisey
                                A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

Working...
                                X