No announcement yet.

Carlos Boozer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carlos Boozer may mean not resigning PPat or GV. Most likely PPat but it gives us an extra pick better than #20. Best case Boozer replaces PPat but he could always be waived. Boozer means possibly getting Elfrid Payton and Adrien Payne first round or similar players.

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      Amnesty doesn't work like that
      But doesn`t the stretch provision? Assuming it doesn't count on the cap, paying 8 mil/2 years for a rich organization like MLSE isn't a bad trade off for the 16th pick. Not to mention two first round picks in one of the deepest draft years is not a bad starting point for a trade package.
      @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
        But doesn`t the stretch provision? Assuming it doesn't count on the cap, paying 8 mil/2 years for a rich organization like MLSE isn't a bad trade off for the 16th pick. Not to mention two first round picks in one of the deepest draft years is not a bad starting point for a trade package.
        Stretch provision would add 5.6 mil to the Raptors cap space for the next 3 years. Stretch provision is just a way to restructure the cap hit. You get more cap space short term but you feel a smaller hit for extra years.

Comment

Why would anyone trade for Boozer then waive him? We'd be on the hook for 15 million? I think he could be a useful piece for us, especially for Salmons and Hansbrough.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Comment

And I'm sure we used our amnesty provision on Kleiza at the beginning of the season

Comment

Chicago's probably going to amnesty Boozer.. if you want him, I'm sure he could be had for cheap (like $4-$5M cheap).

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                And I'm sure we used our amnesty provision on Kleiza at the beginning of the season

Amnesty only works if the guy was on your team during the lockout. Other than kleiza last year, the only people still on the team since than we're Amir and demar
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

A few thoughts to explain my perspective:
                  - I prefer a traditional low-post starting PF
                  - Amir's durability scares me
                  - I worry what Amir's salary demands will be, to re-sign him after next season
                  - with a traditional starting PF, I prefer Patterson to Amir as backup PF (contrasting styles)

I would actually consider a deal along these lines:

TO CHICAGO
                  - Amir Johnson
                  - John Salmons
                  - Tyler Hansbrough (optional)
                  - #59 pick (optional)

TO TORONTO
                  - Carlos Boozer
                  - #16 OR #19 pick

CHICAGO
                  - Amir would be a great 3rd big alongside Noah & Gibson
                  - would save them $8.8M next season against the cap ($7.8M is Hanbrough was included)
                  - would save even more cash VS having to amnesty Boozer and then sign new player(s)

TORONTO
                  - Boozer & Patterson would man the PF position (with Novak as 3rd PF) for a season
                  - Boozer is a huge expiring contract, which could become a trade chip
                  - Boozer doesn't impact the team's financial flexibility for the 2015 offseason
                  - I think Boozer would be a good mentor for Valanciunas for a season, as a hardworking veteran who has always been great positionally and with his footwork

Amir & Boozer both averaged roughly 28 MPG and had a PER around 15 last season.

With 2 1st round picks (#16/19 and #20), an early 2nd round pick (#37) and an extra 1st round pick in 2016, I really like the potential for the Raptors to move up in the draft - really high, if MU wants to be really aggressive.
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Tue May 13, 2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                    Raptors could just amnesty Boozer. We're buying the #16 pick by taking Boozer
                    I thought the "going rate" to buy a first rounder was 3 mil.
                    You essentially want to pay almost 17 mil (Boozer's contract if waived)?

Comment

If we get him can we call him "The Booze"?
                      The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Salmons, Hansbrough, Buycks, Stone, #20

for

Boozer, #16, #19

Why?

Bulls save $14.8M in actual dollars and cap space ($16.8m for Boozer versus $2M for buyout of Salmons and 'Bro; Stone and Buycks not guaranteed and waived) plus difference in 16/19 compared to 20.

Point of this is not to trade for Boozer but to get two mid first round picks.

Comment

I like all these Boozer trades that land a pick for cap space.

But in the end they depend on the Bulls wanting to save cash. It's not about cap space, it's about cash. They can simply amnesty Boozer and save even more cap space, they wouldn't have that Salmons and Hansbrough 2 mil cap hit. They can keep their pick too.

So it's impossible to judge if these ideas are realistic or not.
                          Last edited by BobLoblaw; Sun May 25, 2014, 08:59 AM. Reason: clarify

Comment

BobLoblaw wrote: View Post
                            I like all these Boozer trades that land a pick for cap space.

But in the end they depend on the Bulls wanting to save cash. It's not about cap space, it's about cash. They can simply amnesty Boozer and save even more cap space, they wouldn't have that Salmons and Hansbrough 2 mil cap hit. They can keep their pick too.

So it's impossible to judge if these ideas are realistic or not.
                            It comes down to one simple question:

What does $14.8M mean to the Bulls?

Comment

I have a lot of concerns regarding Boozer's inability to play defense. BUT if Boozer is a way to land an extra draft pick or two, I'm down for it.

I actually would rather try to get Perk from OKC, along the same line of thought, as Perk immediately becomes our back up center.
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
                                It comes down to one simple question:

What does $14.8M mean to the Bulls?
                                Yeah, it's hard to say. People call their owner cheap. But a few years ago he did go into tax. Everyone was expecting them to drop Rip Hamilton to get under tax and they didn't, even though they didn't have Rose that year and had no chance to contend. And the Bulls were the highest spending team in Jordan's final few years, by far. So I feel that those talks of cheapness are overstated. Reinsdorf didn't want to pay Jordan, and since Jordan was a god, that reputation stuck. Sure, he might see the team as a business first and prefers to make as much money as possible but I don't know if he'd go to a Robert Sarver / Maloofs / Donald Sterling level where he basically sells assets for money. But in the end, who knows.

Comment

Working...
                                X