Vince Carter - Making Things Right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vince Carter - Making Things Right

I'm sure everyone on this site is probably sick of reading anything to do with Vince Carter. But I was just thinking (sorry if this has been brought up before). If Carter & the organization really want to have him be such a big piece of history, retire his number, so on and so forth. There are still so many fans out there (myself included) that harbour ill will towards for his escapades on the way out the door. But I was thinking, if Vince really wants to make things right, there is one way he could (pieces with Michael Grange, making him look like an angel, is not the answer!). I believe coming back to the raptors (maybe on a team friendly deal) and retiring a raptor (1-3 years down the road, whatever he thinks he has left). And being a great leader & man in the community, really just righting the past.

If he did come back, I think allot of the fans who are having issues letting the negative history go, could maybe forgive & forget by watching him once again in a Raptors uniform in a positive light on his way into retirement.

- not to mention, he looks like he's still got some left in the tank & could be a really good fit & bring leadership to our current roster.

thoughts?
    Last edited by CashGameND; Thu May 1, 2014, 09:33 PM.

Vince Carter is the complete Anti-Thesis of everything we love about this current Raptors squad. #Humble #Toughness #We the North

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
      Vince Carter is the complete Anti-Thesis of everything we love about this current Raptors squad. #Humble #Tough
      he would quite clearly have to accept a bench / veteran leadership type role. Adding more to the "making things right" with the fans. if he can come in here & fit, and be a great piece to the current roster. Obviously coming in here & being an issue would only further peoples dislike of him. Its on him to make it right, but the opportunity could be there

Comment

CashGameND wrote: View Post
        he would quite clearly have to accept a bench / veteran leadership type role. Adding more to the "making things right" with the fans. if he can come in here & fit, and be a great piece to the current roster. Obviously coming in here & being an issue would only further peoples dislike of him. Its on him to make it right, but the opportunity could be there
        I don't care two turds about "making things right". I still love the VC days, and never hated how he left, either. I just want to win, and Vince does not have the mentality of winner. Never has, never will. Sure, he can hit a buzzer beater, once in a while.... but even Hedo's got more of those.

Comment

I'd rather have Vince then Salmons or Fields.

Comment

ryanc123 wrote: View Post
            I'd rather have Vince then Salmons or Fields.
            this! being a more competent backup to Demar & TRoss, he would fit well with this team. (although, it could be argued we need somebody with more of a defensive presence, we can still do that along with Carter)

Comment

I fully expect Vince to sign a friendly deal to come back to the Raps and replace Salmons as the backup SF. Leiweke basically said as much in his recent interviews if you read between the lines. They asked and received permission from Cuban to speak to Vince earlier in the year.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                Vince Carter is the complete Anti-Thesis of everything we love about this current Raptors squad. #Humble #Toughness #We the North
                brutal. you have no idea

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  I fully expect Vince to sign a friendly deal to come back to the Raps and replace Salmons as the backup SF. Leiweke basically said as much in his recent interviews if you read between the lines. They asked and received permission from Cuban to speak to Vince earlier in the year.
                  Wtf? Where did you see this?
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

ya its true Jimi

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Yeah, I don't remember where, but it was in a report from...I don't know, a month or two back?

Comment

vc coming back next year throwback jerseys from carter days next year, coincidence i think not
                        I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          Here you go:

http://o.canada.com/sports/basketbal...s-were-in-town

Important quote from Vince:

“If (Toronto) gave me the opportunity, I don’t even think I’d let them finish the question. Yes. I’m in,”

“Could I see it? Absolutely,” Carter continued. “I’d leave that up to the franchise. It all started in Toronto, I’d be a fool to ever forget that.”

Comment

I salivate at the idea of seeing Vince back in a Raptors jersey.

Shitty way that it ended between us, but like it's been said, he's still got some left in the tank. If we can pick him up for a good deal, have him finish off his career, maybe as a last "help" to the franchise to help lure KD in, good lord.

Comment

If you look at Raptors management from when he left until BC can you blame him for leaving.

Comment

Working...
                              X