Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Everything Terence Ross

Raptors Republic Starter Just Is's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I'd still take Ross as "a kid in over his head" over Salmons or Fields. Nothing those guys have done has been enough to displace Ross even with the way he's been playing. I think that's been the most frustrating part for me.

I don't care who plays, so long as the best players in the game are playing during crunch time in that game. When you consider how useless Salmons and Fields have been, especially on the offensive end, I think them being "better" or "more reliable" than Ross is nothing more than reputation at this point.
    That's the other thing. Salmons really has been one of the worst players in the playoffs of any team. I'm not even pulling that out of my ass. Before game 6, there were only 3 players on par with him at the bottom of the list. Hes apparently king now.

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    Thanks for the link^

Are you f'n kidding me? That is some of the dumbest fucking coaching I have ever seen

/end
    I utterly refuse to believe this is a real quote. Not when JV has literally been beasting on the Brooklyn front line and, as bad as Ross has been playing (to his standards), he's STILL been much better than the Vet that is John Salmons.

Seriously, does Casey see something that no one else sees? And that statistics can't support? Its no longer even funny. WHAT IS HE SEEING?
    Last edited by Just Is; Sat May 3rd, 2014 at 03:40 PM.

2. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

In college Ross played for Washington.

In 2011, Washington was ranked 7th in the Eastern Regional bracket, beat Georgia (ranked 10th) in the first round but was ousted by North Carolina (ranked 2nd) in the 2nd round. They were in the Pac-10 and in the regular season were ranked 3rd with a 20-10 overall record.

In 2012, Washington didn't make the cut for the tourney. They were in the Pac-12 and in the regular season were ranked 9th with a 17-15 overall record.

So Ross didn't have much success in college, and maybe that's why the spotlight is getting to him in the playoffs. All I can say is that I'm really disappointed in his play. If he played like he did in the regular season I don't think the Raptors would have to play a game 7. He was vital to their success in the regular season and is playing like "rookie" Ross in the playoffs. Hope he rebounds for game 7 but I doubt it.

We gave Bargnani 7 years.. DD 5.. only fair to give Ross another season at least - but this playoffs isn't a good sign for him. Either he's playing injured or he's really mentally weak. If it's the latter that could be a hard thing to change.

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    In college Ross played for Washington.

In 2011, Washington was ranked 7th in the Eastern Regional bracket, beat Georgia (ranked 10th) in the first round but was ousted by North Carolina (ranked 2nd) in the 2nd round. They were in the Pac-10 and in the regular season were ranked 3rd with a 20-10 overall record.

In 2012, Washington didn't make the cut for the tourney. They were in the Pac-12 and in the regular season were ranked 9th with a 17-15 overall record.

So Ross didn't have much success in college, and maybe that's why the spotlight is getting to him in the playoffs. All I can say is that I'm really disappointed in his play. If he played like he did in the regular season I don't think the Raptors would have to play a game 7. He was vital to their success in the regular season and is playing like "rookie" Ross in the playoffs. Hope he rebounds for game 7 but I doubt it.

We gave Bargnani 7 years.. DD 5.. only fair to give Ross another season at least - but this playoffs isn't a good sign for him. Either he's playing injured or he's really mentally weak. If it's the latter that could be a hard thing to change.
    Bargs was actually pretty solid in his playoff debut series, you know for a guy of bargs talent level. But to be honest, he was playing better than ross is at the moment. He averaged live 12 points and like 4 rebounds in 2007 i think.
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont think its smart to say ross cant figure it out, he can.

the reality, is that in this series, when he is needed, he hasn't.

Toronto needs him, and he isn't stepping up at all. Lowry and derozan can only carry so much load, and the Nets are keying on that now, they get to pack the paint ans over play a few spots on the floor because when toronto rotates that ball, the shooters simply cant make NBA plays. Ross, Patterson, Salmons, Novak, and to an extent Vasquez. They have all been horrific.

They are getting looks.

Ross is getting WIDE OPEN looks. He's just not ready.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link^

Are you f'n kidding me? That is some of the dumbest fucking coaching I have ever seen

/end
    And this is why Casey has to go.

You can't build through draft with a coach this biased against young players.

I'm not surprised Ross has struggled. Must feel like shit knowing coach has no confidence in you and you're likely to be subbed out for old and/or useless players.

7. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Just Is wrote: View Post

I utterly refuse to believe this is a real quote. Not when JV has literally been beasting on the Brooklyn front line and, as bad as Ross has been playing (to his standards), he's STILL been much better than the Vet that is John Salmons.

Seriously, does Casey see something that no one else sees? And that statistics can't support? Its no longer even funny. WHAT IS HE SEEING?
    I'm sorry to say, he definitely said it. I watched a vid of it. It's pathetic but yes, this is Dwane Casey.
    JV going 7/10, 16 points and +10 in an inexcusably low 24 minutes is "soaking up minutes" that should be used on Hayes.
    Last edited by BigCamB; Sun May 4th, 2014 at 08:48 AM.

Raptors Republic Superstar iblastoff's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

todays starting lineup to be most likely:

chuck hayes
    john salmons
    demar derozan
    kyle lowry
    steve novak

vets and playoff experience all the way!

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    todays starting lineup to be most likely:

chuck hayes
    john salmons
    demar derozan
    kyle lowry
    steve novak

vets and playoff experience all the way!
    DC made some adjustments before the game. Remember, the playoffs is all about adjustments.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link^

/end
    Dwane Casey ALWAYS blames the kids. Early this season he blamed last season's struggles on Val "taking his lumps." You know what, Casey? Pointing fingers like that when you're the leader is pure cowardice. You're supposed to stand up for your players, not throw them under the bus.

But I am glad to see Ross had a pretty awesome defensive game in game 7. Once he gets the yips out of his offense and gets enough confidence he will be a very solid contributor.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Casey:
    "“I think (Ross) is soaking up some minutes,” Casey said. “Both of (Ross and Valanciunas) are soaking up big minutes. Probably, if they weren’t young guys, they probably wouldn’t be. If it wasn’t our future, our direction, (they) probably wouldn’t be in there with some of the mistakes they are making."

This is a great quote by Casey which confirms what some of us have been saying for a while now. MU is major force behind Ross and Big Val's playing time and wanted to give them the experience and also evaluate them.

This play off was about the future and not NOW because in the eyes of the higher management of this team, the season was ALREADY over and a successful one as well.

Credite to coach Casey for taking the hit for playing these guys and thinking of future while he knows the criticism will be coming his way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Scraptor wrote: View Post
    Dwane Casey ALWAYS blames the kids. Early this season he blamed last season's struggles on Val "taking his lumps." You know what, Casey? Pointing fingers like that when you're the leader is pure cowardice. You're supposed to stand up for your players, not throw them under the bus.

But I am glad to see Ross had a pretty awesome defensive game in game 7. Once he gets the yips out of his offense and gets enough confidence he will be a very solid contributor.
    Hopefully Casey has squashed the last young players confidence in toronto.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Who has more value, Terrence Ross or Harrison Barnes?
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Who has more value, Terrence Ross or Harrison Barnes?
    Terrence Ross.

He has shown an ability to be a better defender, though not by much...and he has maintained a higher level of 3 point shooting over a longer time than Barnes. In reality Barnes has been a rookie playoff wonder.....and that's about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Terrence Ross.

He has shown an ability to be a better defender, though not by much...and he has maintained a higher level of 3 point shooting over a longer time than Barnes. In reality Barnes has been a rookie playoff wonder.....and that's about it.
    Barnes has more value because he is on an American playoff team. Ross I feel is better, but I bet most 'experts' are going to say otherwise
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

17. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    Barnes has more value because he is on an American playoff team. Ross I feel is better, but I bet most 'experts' are going to say otherwise
    Screw the "experts", they're not the ones making trades. I guess the simpler question would be:
    If we were to offer a deal, straight up, TRoss for Barnes, would GS take it? Would we ever offer that?
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic All-Star BigCamB's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think they would do that. They have Klay who plays a ton of minutes, Iggy can play the two and they have Crawford who is perfect for an instant offense guy for a few minutes a game.

20. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Screw the "experts", they're not the ones making trades. I guess the simpler question would be:
    If we were to offer a deal, straight up, TRoss for Barnes, would GS take it? Would we ever offer that?
    F**K No. Ross's stock has soared. Barnes stock has fallen. Ross has better numbers. Ross had a better season. Ross is slightly cheaper. Ross grew in multiple areas. Ross had a 51-point game. Barnes has scored less, shot worse, played worse defense, and seen every one of his per 36 numbers and his PER regress. Ross has seen statistical growth in the following categories (and was better than Barnes in all of them): Points, Blocks, All Of His Shooting Percentages, PER, WS. Ross has also seen growth in Assists, Rebounds, Steals. PLEASE DON'T DO IT.
    @Boymusic66

22. Like Joey, 007, OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    F**K No. Ross's stock has soared. Barnes stock has fallen. Ross has better numbers. Ross had a better season. Ross is slightly cheaper. Ross grew in multiple areas. Ross had a 51-point game. Barnes has scored less, shot worse, played worse defense, and seen every one of his per 36 numbers and his PER regress. Ross has seen statistical growth in the following categories (and was better than Barnes in all of them): Points, Blocks, All Of His Shooting Percentages, PER, WS. Ross has also seen growth in Assists, Rebounds, Steals. PLEASE DON'T DO IT.
    True I would take ross anyday but Barnes has height and you can't teach that shit. He could stop joe penis while ross sttuggled
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Yabadabayolo wrote: View Post
    True I would take ross anyday but Barnes has height and you can't teach that shit. He could stop joe penis while ross sttuggled
    While Barnes struggled all series guarding Matt Barnes....

I'll still take TRoss

Post Thanks / Like

While Barnes struggled all series guarding Matt Barnes....

I'll still take TRoss
    Battle of the Barnes!
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

26. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information