Nets Fans Upset At Officiating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nets Fans Upset At Officiating

So I was making the rounds of the Brooklyn blogs and was linked to this post at Nets Daily: http://t.co/iVWasyVInS The comments from Nets fans are kinda amazing. They really, really think Toronto's getting the edge in foul calls. They also hate Lowry's "flopping/foul drawing." It got me to thinking: I can't be the only one who thinks the refs have been equally terrible on both sides, right?

upandatom786 wrote: View Post
    ...I can't be the only one who thinks the refs have been equally terrible on both sides, right?
    Numerous post from RR members over the whole series commenting on the bad officiating. The first couple of games it seemed to favour the Nets. The next couple seemed like the fouls were about equal but the ones called on the Raps were momentum breakers. Last game seemed to favour the Raps, especially down the stretch. Just an eyeball sense of things, not an analysis.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
      Numerous post from RR members over the whole series commenting on the bad officiating. The first couple of games it seemed to favour the Nets. The next couple seemed like the fouls were about equal but the ones called on the Raps were momentum breakers. Last game seemed to favour the Raps, especially down the stretch. Just an eyeball sense of things, not an analysis.
      I'd agree with that... well your whole post but the bold in particular.

The fans were rowdy from tip off onwards. They booed and jeered at just about every call and a bunch of no calls.

Raptors fans at ACC are top 5 in the league. You can hear it and feel it watching on TV.

Love it.

I could have lived with a tank but this is fantastic!

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
        I'd agree with that... well your whole post but the bold in particular.

The fans were rowdy from tip off onwards. They booed and jeered at just about every call and a bunch of no calls.

Raptors fans at ACC are top 5 in the league. You can hear it and feel it watching on TV.

Love it.

I could have lived with a tank but this is fantastic!
        i would say even top 3, with some valid claim for possibly the best playoff crowd in the league.

Comment

This crowd will only get louder with Miami in town

Comment

I don't get why people are saying lowry is flopping. The guy is big for a 6' point guard, but when you have forwards or even centers run into him with a bit of momentum behind them already, dude's going to fall down. I know Lowry doesn't absorb 100% of the impact, but the contact is strong enough such that it warrants a charge call.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
              I don't get why people are saying lowry is flopping. The guy is big for a 6' point guard, but when you have forwards or even centers run into him with a bit of momentum behind them already, dude's going to fall down. I know Lowry doesn't absorb 100% of the impact, but the contact is strong enough such that it warrants a charge call.
              Falling is actually the only way to get a charge. If you step back to stay standing, you're moving your feet.
              "Bruno?
              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

I think Lowry does have a tendency to exaggerate contact and running into defenders when shooting. (i.e: Kicking his leg out for Anderson to touch it so as to draw 3 FTs last game), but then again, almost 90% of the players in the league do it.

Also, how do you draw a charge without flopping?
                "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Also, how do you draw a charge without flopping?
                  That's what I'm wondering....

It can't be a block since Lowry establishes good position. So it's either a no call or a charge, and the league rarely makes no calls unless the guy is in the circle.

Comment

Pong wrote: View Post
                    Anyone who things Lowry's a flopper doesn't know what flopping is.

These whiners, they're sore losers, that's all.

They can't handle the fact that their $100 million team full of hall of famers is getting outplayed by our unknown young bucks.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      Anyone who things Lowry's a flopper doesn't know what flopping is.

These whiners, they're sore losers, that's all.

They can't handle the fact that their $100 million team full of hall of famers is getting outplayed by our unknown young bucks.
                      We're whiners too. Every fanbase is. Basketball's tough to call. There'll always be something to whine about.

Fuck Brooklyn.
                      "Bruno?
                      Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                        We're whiners too. Every fanbase is. Basketball's tough to call. There'll always be something to whine about.

Fuck Brooklyn.
                        When I whine, it's always justified, and I'm always right

- Jack Armstrong

Comment

That said, there is absolutely such a thing as a superstar star whistle, there are legitimate studies proving this. Given that we don't have any "superstars" on our team, I would argue that our whining would tend to be more justified than, say, a Brooklyn fan's whining
                          Last edited by JimiCliff; Fri May 2, 2014, 11:24 AM.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

da NBA wan torondo 2 win cause is big konspeeracy, u fuls jus dnt see it

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                              da NBA wan torondo 2 win cause is big konspeeracy, u fuls jus dnt see it
                              Wow this post made me think that 'Toronto Tornados' isn't a half-bad name for a franchise
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Working...
                              X