No announcement yet.

Nets Fans Upset At Officiating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a reason why there aren't too many players who take full frontal standing-still charges....apart from the willingness and skill....it effing hurts. I would expect that all the smart ones would try to absorb as minimal of the slam as possible. In order to do this the hittee mitigates the impact as soon as he feels the offensive player just about touch him and fall away. Of course Kidd knows this but this ref baiting happens every playoffs especially when a team is feeling the heat.

Comment

Also for any Nets fans complaining about Lowry's charges don't forget that Kidd himself IS THE REASON THE CHARGE CIRCLE UNDER THE BASKET EXISTS
      "Stop eating your sushi."
      "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
      "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

FWIW, I don't think Kidd's complaining about Lowry drawing charges, but instead, his "flopping" on the offensive end, embellishing contact.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          FWIW, I don't think Kidd's complaining about Lowry drawing charges, but instead, his "flopping" on the offensive end, embellishing contact.
          Yes, and he does tend to exaggerate contact and manufactures the foul rather than the defender fouling him, if that makes any sense.
          "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

Mhmm I love their tears fucking cry babies haha

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
              Anyone who things Lowry's a flopper doesn't know what flopping is.

These whiners, they're sore losers, that's all.

They can't handle the fact that their $100 million team full of hall of famers is getting outplayed by our unknown young bucks.
              I think he's a flopper at times and I think I know what flopping is.

Lowry is exceptional at getting these calls. In some instances he gets good position and beats opponents to their spots. Other times he bodies into the opponent first and then flails backward like he has been punched in the chest. He often gets these calls and some of it has to do with the 'theatrics' - head whipping back and falling to the ground (hard) in the manner he does.

It's an art form and he is Picasso right now. He exaggerates contact even when he is initiating it and will always hit the deck. That lack of regard for his body gets him calls but makes me worry about his health and how long his body will last.

Comment

Take notes raptor fans. When you blame your loss on the officiating, you look like a whiny bitch.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                  We're whiners too. Every fanbase is. Basketball's tough to call. There'll always be something to whine about.

Fuck Brooklyn.
                  Yep, I don't doubt that fans of every team could legitimately complain about the whistle in the playoffs. It's been awful, for everyone I'm sure (except maybe Miami lol). The thing that bothers me the most is that it almost seems like the refs are trying to influence the pace and momentum of the games.

Comment

Nets fans are a joke! I just laugh whenever I see these. They clearly don't know what it's like to be screwed by the refs. They don't know basketball, which is embarrassing considering how BK or NY is a big bball market.

ANd with them saying Lowry flopping, I don't think those guys every watch basketball. Derek Fisher used to that a lot when he was playing. Even their own coach used to that. They don't flop. They take legit hits and sacrifice their bodies.

Comment

Toronto may be one of the loudest fans in the league...but i was seriously disheartened when I saw the empty seats at the beginning of each quarter and after the half....dont be like Leaf fans! Get to yer seat at the start! Weak.

Also, id personally like to see the 'Brooklyn/KG sucks' chants to end...I know Toronto is a wrestling crowd, and dont know how to act in these situations, but I think it's bush league.

We are loud though.

Comment

Lowry is 6 feet tall. Thus it is quite easy for him to get pushed around and thus, draw fouls. Lowry definitely adds a bit of exaggeration to it, but at the end of the day, Brooklyn's players play very physically. I can recall when Teletovich got called for the foul on Lowry in our back court. He was playing pretty solid defence, but he threw a weak elbow and pushed the 6 foot Lowry to the ground.

Im proud of the Raptors overall. I don't think that any of our players have actually legitimately flopped in this series. We haven't had any of our guys pull a D-Will: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK3qtAJl4d4
                        Or a KG: (couldn't find a video from this series, e.g., the push on JV)
                        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                          Or a KG: (couldn't find a video from this series, e.g., the push on JV)
                          Hey Kidd, remember when your player shoved one of ours and we didn't get a whistle? Remember in game 1 how there wasn't a single call in the fourth quarter on your guys? Shut up Jason.
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

it's not just the Nets fans. J. Kidd also ripped into the refs http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/5/1/56...onference-call will he get fined for doing this?

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post

Raptors fans at ACC are top 5 in the league. You can hear it and feel it watching on TV.

Love it.

I could have lived with a tank but this is fantastic!
                              very well stated.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                                it's not just the Nets fans. J. Kidd also ripped into the refs http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/5/1/56...onference-call will he get fined for doing this?

He should be. I can recall Casey getting fined last season for calling out the Refs.
                                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X