Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    Agreed, ban JV from NBA games!!

If they kicked everyone out of sports for DUI and domestic violence the NFL would have 27 total players.
    Well JV will likely be suspended for a couple games once/if he's convicted; I'm not calling for a life-time ban, but some sort of deterant would be good. Limited contract options if convicted. Something like that.

Comment

Lowry and DeMar don't 'flop' they pump fake, get you in the air, jump into you with their shot, force a call and draw the occasional and-1. Seen it so many times this year, but it works.
      limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Lowry takes charges, best in the game, ain't no floppin going on.
        limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
          It drives me crazy. I'm all for coming down hard on Sterling for racism, but how do they just sweep shit like drunk driving & wife beating under the rug?!
          Because drunk driving & wife beating don't involve saying you don't want one of the most famous and beloved players in the game at your games, and stays a personal issue instead of an NBA issue. If he only mentions Matt Kemp in the tape, and says don't bring black people to my house or literally anything else that isn't NBA-involved instead of my games, he's not suspended for life.
          @Boymusic66

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
            Lowry and DeMar don't 'flop' they pump fake, get you in the air, jump into you with their shot, force a call and draw the occasional and-1. Seen it so many times this year, but it works.
            As much as I love it when DeRozan gets bailed out by it, I HATE that an offensive player can initiative contact by jumping into a defender, then get rewarded with foul shots. The league is so soft these days. Great, you got a guy to leave his feet by using an effective pump shot... now rise up, make the open shot and be a man.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              As much as I love it when DeRozan gets bailed out by it, I HATE that an offensive player can initiative contact by jumping into a defender, then get rewarded with foul shots. The league is so soft these days. Great, you got a guy to leave his feet by using an effective pump shot... now rise up, make the open shot and be a man.
              I think it depends on the play. There are times it is very much a foul, and there are times when the official is giving a generous whistle for something that is likely not a foul. I'm sure it's a play the league will at some point "emphasize" to try and reduce the bad calls associated with it. Sometimes the defender lands and is not at all infringing on the offensive player's "zone", and it still gets called because the player leans in...that shouldn't be the case, and it isn't always called a foul, but sometimes is.

Comment

Says the guy who deliberately spilled a drink on court. Im sure he can recall KG's and D Will's flops in games 1-3.

Kidd has run out of excuses. Lets beat them tonight and kick them out of the playoffs.
                I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
                -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Generally its the player trying to block the shot that technically jumps into the shooter. If the shooter just takes his normal straight up jump shot and the defensive players momentum carries him into the shooter, its a foul. If the shooter leans forward into the defensive player, its generally not called. As was the case with Demar. He tried it twice and didn't get the call in Game 5, on the one that he very deliberately leaned into the guy.

BUT it was Pierce who pretty much patented that move, so I'm okay with it working against him. Haha

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I think it depends on the play. There are times it is very much a foul, and there are times when the official is giving a generous whistle for something that is likely not a foul. I'm sure it's a play the league will at some point "emphasize" to try and reduce the bad calls associated with it. Sometimes the defender lands and is not at all infringing on the offensive player's "zone", and it still gets called because the player leans in...that shouldn't be the case, and it isn't always called a foul, but sometimes is.
                    Oh I completely agree that quite often it's a legit foul. I just hate the ones where a defender jumps, and then the shooter purposefully jumps into the player (especially if it's after the defender has already landed and leans/twists away to try and avoid contact).

Comment

People shouldn't get defensive Kidd is trying to gain favorable calls for game 6.This is what good coaches do.Kidd is not a good coach but he is very competitive. Casey meanwhile nothing. The media called attention to the lack of fouls fourth quarter game 1.That got calls game 2. The squeaky wheel.

Comment

Kidd is a stupid wife beating, drunk driving, soda cup spilling clown fk him and fk brooklyn.

Comment

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
                            Lowry takes charges, best in the game, ain't no floppin going on.
                            Yup, and Nets fans have never seen a little dude take so many charges before, they feel its a flop. Hell, if he has his feet set, ofcourse he is going to fall down (and not catch himself by shifting his feet). Thats what a charge looks like!
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Kidd is going to get fined. If he doesn't Raptors should make a stink.

Comment

PS I love how he actually hurt his team a bit. You usually call out the refs for bad calls in an effort to balance them out. But when you say if flopping is the way to go, we maybe have to play that way, a ref is going to be less likely to give you those 50/50 blocking/charge calls
                                @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                                X