Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the rebuilding process could start pretty quick if we made Bargs & Turk work with CB4's Trainer from last summer instead of playing international ball. I think Bosh to NYC would have to be a 3way deal, not sure how much Chicago & Miami can offer either... Hinrich? Beisley? That's what this team needs...

Sure would have been nice if we had picked up Matt Barnes instead of Turk & drafted Collison, Lawson or Jennings & traded Jose for something useful...

Shouldn't we all be NBA GMs??

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Bosh has been on record saying he would not consider NJ. He has quite a bit of leverage to determine where he goes if he chooses to leave. Yes he may lose the absolute max. but Toronto also runs the risk of not getting anything if the move is not coordinated.

But there are pieces there that could be attractive as you pointed.

Why is he so anti-NJ? Still don't get it....playing with Brook Lopez and John Wall would be awesome.

Comment

For starters, the Nets haven't won the lotto yet. Usually the worst team in the league doesn't in the lotto. Second, this edition is going to be one of the worst in NBA history. He said he wants to play for a winner. Don't you think he wants to enter a winning environment now, as oppose to waiting on unproven guys to develop? Why would he pick the Nets over the Heat or the Rockets?

Comment

The 08 Celtics proved how quickly you can go from laughingstock to champion. While I doubt he will go to the nets. They are probably adding Evan Turner or John Wall and more likely Turner with Harris there.

So if you add all star Chris Bosh and future all star Turner to a team with former all star Harris and blooming all star Lopez and surround them with good young talent in Lee, CDR and Yi that sounds like a rock solid play off team.

He also claims he wants to be built around. It would be pretty cool to go the worst team in NBA history and turn them around in one year. That's the kind of ego boost a guy like Bosh could thrive off.

It really depends on how delusional he is. He still thinks he is a class A superstar and that wherever he goes automatically will become winning time. I feel like most guys in this league truly believe they would be all stars if only they got enough touches.

Comment

The NJ Nets have a 46.5% chance of getting a top two pick. Statistically, they're more likely to end up with the third or fourth draft selection (53.5%) than a top two selection with the fourth pick being the single most likely outcome (36%).

They only have a one in four chance of getting the top pick. So a 75% chance of not getting the first pick.
            nbaroundtable

Comment

mo-sales wrote: View Post
              He also claims he wants to be built around. It would be pretty cool to go the worst team in NBA history and turn them around in one year. That's the kind of ego boost a guy like Bosh could thrive off.

It really depends on how delusional he is. He still thinks he is a class A superstar and that wherever he goes automatically will become winning time. I feel like most guys in this league truly believe they would be all stars if only they got enough touches.
              I don't know. If Bosh quits on the Raptors I think that whole idea of him being "the man" dies right then and there. You can defend what the Nets might someday be all you like but they aint there now and this is Bosh's prime years we're talking about. He's going to take the safe bet. Teams like the Lakers, Spurs, Mavs, and Rockets are all likely to step up, express interest and try and work a S&T if they're successful in wooing Bosh.

Comment

Bosh gets hurt and the forums say everyone on the team is a bum, trade-em, buy them out - ???

A collective panic mode for a team that is still in the playoffs and will be better next season if all the same players return!!!

Unbelievable...
                The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Apollo, isn't the reason why Bosh is quitting on the raptors because everyone else is a bum. If just one of the starters was producing at both ends of the floor this team wouldn't be so inconsistent.

I think he still believes he A-1 material and uses the rest of the players to blame as scapegoats instead of looking in the mirror and realizing he doesn't have the tools to be in Lebron and Wades class.

I think he would consider it copping out to ride someones else's coat tails to a championship, but that's just me.

brothersteve, how does this team improve next year with the same roster? Weems, Amir and Derozan have the ability to grow, but not the way this team is built. Instead there are likely to develop bad habits that will hamper thier development as players.

Comment

How would he be riding someone else's coattail by playing with Kobe in L.A. or James in Cleveland? Did Pippen ride Jordan's coattail? I don't remember it going down like that or anyone referring to Pippen in that light. What I do remember is Jordan and the Bulls being a post season failure until Pippen showed up.

Comment

haha, then I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

I would say most definitely that Pippen rode Jordans coat tails, just as Kobe rode Shaqs. I thought everybody saw it that way, sure Jordan couldn't win without Pippen, but it was Jordan's team and he got all the accolades. Pippen's mentality was better suited towards being a number two and I think Bosh's is as well, he just has yet to realize it.

The paradox is that Bosh wants to be the main man on his team, but also have that team be contending for a championship. I don't think it is possible for a team to win a ring when Bosh is your best player. Sure, if you surround if with four all stars it might work, but that's not realistic.

Comment

I would say most definitely that Pippen rode Jordans coat tails, just as Kobe rode Shaqs.
                        Riding someone's coattail means reaching success thanks to other people, not yourself. It means taking credit for someone Else's hard work. Pippen had just as much a role in those championship teams as Jordan. Jordan obviously was the better player but to suggest Pippen rode Jordan's coattail is ridiculous.

Many criticize Pippen because he failed to win any titles without Jordan, but how many titles did Jordan win without Pippen? Zero.
                        Bleacher Report
                        Pippen played 12 years with the Bulls during the "Jordan Era" and, for the most part, two of those years were spent without Jordan.

During those two years without Jordan, Pippen put up huge numbers. He averaged 22 and 21.4 points while grabbing 8.7 and 8.1 rebounds, dishing out 5.6 and 5.3 assists, and averaged 2.9 steals both seasons—and these were his per game stats.

His best season was probably during the second championship when he averaged 21 points, seven assists, and 7.7 boards per game. These numbers might not seem that great given that it is basically what LeBron has been putting up, but almost 20 years ago, these were huge.
                        Bleacher report
                        Considering his impressive career, he receives a shocking amount of derision and disrespect.

It is interesting and revealing that teammates, opponents and coaches consistently praise Pippen. Phil Jackson, his coach with the six-time champion Chicago Bulls, declares, "Scottie was our team leader. He was the guy that directed our offense, and he was the guy that took on a lot of big challenges defensively…the year that Michael retired, Scottie I think was the most valuable player in the league." Former teammate and current Bulls coach Bill Cartwright flatly states that Pippen "was as much a part of winning the championships as MJ. I don't think it would have gotten done without him."
                        20 Second Timeout

I thought everybody saw it that way, sure Jordan couldn't win without Pippen, but it was Jordan's team and he got all the accolades.
                        Accolades?
                        1991 NBA All-Defensive Second Team
                        1992 U.S. Olympic basketball
                        team; NBA All-Star Team; NBA All-Defensive First Team
                        1993 NBA All-Defensive First Team; NBA All-Star Team
                        1994 NBA All-Defensive First Team; NBA All-Star Team and MVP
                        1995 NBA All-Star Team; All-NBA First Team
                        1996 Gold medal as part of U.S. Olympic basketball team; NBA All-Defensive First Team; NBA All-Star Team; named among NBA's 50 greatest basketball players of all time
                        1997 NBA All-Defensive First Team; NBA All-Star Team
                        1998 All-NBA Third Team
                        1999 NBA All-Defensive First Team; NBA All-Star Team
                        2000 NBA All-Defensive Second Team
                        Sports.JRank.Org

Pippen's mentality was better suited towards being a number two and I think Bosh's is as well, he just has yet to realize it.
                        Am I the only one who remembers how amazingly effective Bosh was deferring to James and Kobe in the Olympics? It looked so natural for him. He was a key piece to the team and played so well as second fiddle. I think basketball would be a lot more enjoyable for him were he winning 55-60 games, making finals trips playing with a guy like Kobe or James or Wade.

Comment

Working...
                        X