Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85

Thread: Will DC cost us the series?

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Primer wrote: View Post
    You completely ruin your point every time with absurd hyperbole. Everyone here arguing for Casey not being retained TOTALLY believes we should be winning the NBA finals with this team..... Give me a fucking break.

    .
    Open your eyes and read again ... you are the only one who said anything about wining NBA finals Read again ...

    T

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote special1 wrote: View Post
    I must say i agree with you on this. The truth is we need upgrades at the starting SF and PF positions....Masai sees that now. Can you imagine if we had a 6-9 SF like Deng who could guard Pierce/Lebron and play small ball PF?

    The fact that we've taken Brooklyn to game 7 is a win IMO. I pray we win game 7 but I didnt forget what this season was all about. Masai can see the core now and knows we have some good pieces in Demar, Lowry, JV, Vasquez and Patterson. Now we know what we need to target moving forward.....
    MU has a tough summer ahead of himself. He needs to take a team to next stage, something that he did not do in Denver either. Lets see if he has it in him to make a decent team into a legit contender by having an eye for SUPER Talent.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Kitchener "Sketchener"
    Posts
    1,840
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    In a perfect world we could have

    PG- Lowry, Vasquez, De Colo
    SG- DeRozan,Ross, Vasquez
    SF- Rudy(efficient), Ross, Fields
    PF- Amir, Patterson, Rudy
    C- Jonas, Hayes
    That team looks like it could contend. You could even start rudy at the 4 and ross at the 3 to counter Brooklyn's style.

    Of course this isn't a perfect world though. Maybe gay signs here in the offseason and we could have that lineup ahhahahha

    Just kidding that would be terrible
    In Swag we Trust

    -Nick Young

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jamshid wrote: View Post
    Open your eyes and read again ... you are the only one who said anything about wining NBA finals Read again ...

    T
    I quoted you and even bolded the part I was responding to, so I think my reading comprehension is just fine.

    Are you confusing my desire for a championship caliber coach with thinking this team as currently constructed could win a championship with a different coach? Because I've never said this team is championship caliber or anything even close to it. We need improvements in both players and coach. Our coach's contract is up so it's the perfect time to cut ties and bring in someone better. Again, it is Ujiris job to find a better coach, so don't give me this "the new coach could be worse" crap. Ujiri's job is to make sure he gets someone who will be better, and if he can't do that, then he doesn't deserve to be GM. I don't want a Rick Sund style GM who is fine preserving the status quo because "it's not that bad".

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Absolutely NO ONE should be shocked that Casey is going to cost us this series because of his stubborn ways lol. This has been him all season. He will not play Landry, he will not take Terrence out of the starting lineup, he will not start Patterson over Amir and he will not stop playing Salmons or Hayes. It's just as simple as that so we all might as well get over it and take our game seven loss in peace. We can't change it because Casey can't hear us and even if he could probably won't listen to us so we might as well just let the chips fall where they may.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer MACK11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    10,435
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Absolutely NO ONE should be shocked that Casey is going to cost us this series because of his stubborn ways lol. This has been him all season. He will not play Landry, he will not take Terrence out of the starting lineup, he will not start Patterson over Amir and he will not stop playing Salmons or Hayes. It's just as simple as that so we all might as well get over it and take our game seven loss in peace. We can't change it because Casey can't hear us and even if he could probably won't listen to us so we might as well just let the chips fall where they may.
    Yeah I just accepted the DC is just to damn stubborn to do anything different, like yesterday we were making a run and he took out DeRozan because that's when he usually takes him out in the regular season. He keeps playing Salmonella when he's is the worst player in the playoffs. Hayes playing over Hansbro is insane. Fields must be injured because DC refuses to play him when in game 2 , Fields provided good 1on1 defense on JJ. Amir Johnson has been complete garbage this whole series except for 1 game and he still starts even though Patterson is playing better than him in every aspect.
    Bring back the physical game and send the softies home.

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Yeah I just accepted the DC is just to damn stubborn to do anything different, like yesterday we were making a run and he took out DeRozan because that's when he usually takes him out in the regular season. He keeps playing Salmonella when he's is the worst player in the playoffs. Hayes playing over Hansbro is insane. Fields must be injured because DC refuses to play him when in game 2 , Fields provided good 1on1 defense on JJ. Amir Johnson has been complete garbage this whole series except for 1 game and he still starts even though Patterson is playing better than him in every aspect.
    Exactly. Casey is just crazy or an idiot, there is no other explanation than that.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    That timeout he called to destrpy our momentum, midway through the fourth, that was fucking stupid though
    Not really though tbh. He set up a nice play, where the nets had doubled lowry/derozan midcourt which left pat patterson for a wide open corner 3 which he missed. Momentum would have shifted had he made that shot which would have put us behind by single digits.

    It was the first quarter and getting outrebounded for the whole game are what cost them the game. Terrible terrible matador defense. Plus Amir played like Javale McGee in the early sequence (chose to tip in a TRoss lob instead of dunking it like he usually does, wasn't alert on the play where he didn't anticipate lowry's pass, poor post defense on KG and Blatche).

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,338
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MACK11 wrote: View Post
    Yeah I just accepted the DC is just to damn stubborn to do anything different, like yesterday we were making a run and he took out DeRozan because that's when he usually takes him out in the regular season. He keeps playing Salmonella when he's is the worst player in the playoffs. Hayes playing over Hansbro is insane. Fields must be injured because DC refuses to play him when in game 2 , Fields provided good 1on1 defense on JJ. Amir Johnson has been complete garbage this whole series except for 1 game and he still starts even though Patterson is playing better than him in every aspect.
    I don't think changing Amir and Pattman is the problem. If Amir was getting the ball on the roll more he would be more useful.

    I would argue more that Casey is urging our bigs to crash the boards less for the sake of his defense...at the expense of our biggest advantage. We should be crashing them hard and forcing them to play Plumlee and Garnett to counter this....because the Teletovic and Blatche line up has been doing some damage lately.

    Casey playing players against their strengths once again...

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GLF wrote: View Post
    Exactly. Casey is just crazy or an idiot, there is no other explanation than that.
    Could say the same thing about Vogel for sticking with Hibbert.
    And McHale for not going to Asik sooner in the series.
    Or Kidd for limiting Garnett's minutes so strictly.
    Or how about firing Pop for keeping Timmy out on that crucial game 6 play not once but twice last year? Better fire that guy, he must be crazy or an idiot...
    etc

  11. Like Gman, stooley, TRex liked this post
  12. #51
    Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Niagara
    Posts
    3,199
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    Could say the same thing about Vogel for sticking with Hibbert.
    And McHale for not going to Asik sooner in the series.
    Or Kidd for limiting Garnett's minutes so strictly.
    Or how about firing Pop for keeping Timmy out on that crucial game 6 play not once but twice last year? Better fire that guy, he must be crazy or an idiot...
    etc
    I like this.


  13. #52
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,592
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Outside of Hibbert none of the others make sense.

  14. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,125
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote brothersteve wrote: View Post
    Raptors Terrence Ross Is Learning From The Playoff Grind

    Everybody should know by now that Casey's instructions are to develop the young guys and let the chips fall where they may. This is going to create some "shit" rotations and substitutions that aren't always in the best interests of winning games - and its allowed JV to have some monster games in the playoffs.
    This isn't an NBA Championship team - not yet anyway
    This pretty much confirms why Casey is screwing things up. He's not even hiding the fact that he doesn't trust JV and Ross, which is pretty obvious when you watch the offense. He's basically ignoring them like they are going to f*** up every offensive set, so I guess Casey's mindset is something like this.... "I'd rather have DD and Lowry hoist up contested bricks against double and triple teams" vs. having the ball in JV or Ross's hands, even for a split second. The Nets KNOW THIS, and it's sooo obvious that they won't even allow simple pick and rolls. Do you see how far Garnett cheats on Lowry or DD on the pick and roll? JV is wide open, yes, but Garnett is basically right up on DD/Lowry with his hands straight up in the air, with the other guard cutting off the bounce pass. Casey's mistrust has made the Raps offense really easy to defend. We're basically back to the Rudy Gay offense from the beginning of the year.

    What's the point of 'getting the young guys experience', if you're basically going to tell those young guys to go sit in a corner. Even worse, you're going away from what was successful and hurting the whole team.

    I mean what kind of moron coach broadcasts to the world that he's got a couple of weak links in starting lineup? And JV is actually one of our biggest strengths. And especially spewing this crap in the playoffs. I've never heard this kind of thing before. It's ridiculous.
    Last edited by golden; Sat May 3rd, 2014 at 10:55 PM.

  15. #54
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    “I think (Ross) is soaking up some minutes,” Casey said. “Both of (Ross and Valanciunas) are soaking up big minutes. Probably, if they weren’t young guys, they probably wouldn’t be. If it wasn’t our future, our direction, (they) probably wouldn’t be in there with some of the mistakes they are making.

    “They are our guys. They got to learn, this is their first playoff. I expect a lot of their mistakes, so we are going to ride with them in those situations.”
    Aaaaaand this is why I hate Casey. Completely gutless way to cover his own ass if we lose the series.

    Even if what he says is true, there's no reason to air this out publicly (oh wait, of course there is - to manufacture an excuse for yourself).

  16. #55
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I mean Christ, way to give your kids a nice boost of confidence before the biggest game of their lives.

  17. Like caccia, Just Is, OldSkoolCool liked this post
  18. #56
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JimiCliff wrote: View Post
    Aaaaaand this is why I hate Casey. Completely gutless way to cover his own ass if we lose the series.

    Even if what he says is true, there's no reason to air this out publicly (oh wait, of course there is - to manufacture an excuse for yourself).
    Hope MU is listening and assessing.

  19. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  20. #57
    Raptors Republic All-Star JimiCliff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,033
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote 2KJ wrote: View Post
    Not really though tbh. He set up a nice play, where the nets had doubled lowry/derozan midcourt which left pat patterson for a wide open corner 3 which he missed. Momentum would have shifted had he made that shot which would have put us behind by single digits.

    It was the first quarter and getting outrebounded for the whole game are what cost them the game. Terrible terrible matador defense. Plus Amir played like Javale McGee in the early sequence (chose to tip in a TRoss lob instead of dunking it like he usually does, wasn't alert on the play where he didn't anticipate lowry's pass, poor post defense on KG and Blatche).
    We were on a semi-break in transition. Me, I think you should let them play that out. One of my pet peeves about NBA head coaches is when they micro-manage with timeouts.

  21. #58
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    2,683
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    I like this.

    Kidd limiting Garnett's minutes is actually a very good thing for that team. They play better without him. Also Pop has done so much good in his career you can allow that mistake. McHale can be called out I guess because Houston did end up losing the series. But at least he figured it out at some point. Casey has done absolutely nothing to change it up. Indiana ended up winning the series so I guess he isn't too crazy. And I don't think they have anyone better to take Hibbert's minutes. I don't think you want to be starting Mahimi.

  22. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
  23. #59
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,134
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DC cost us series period.

  24. #60
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,216
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DC has to be fired (not retained). There is nothing holding back Masai now.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •