Will DC cost us the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will DC cost us the series?

DC has improved BUT his handling of Salmons/Fields is highly questionable. He also continues to be challenged with offensive sets.

This Debate has been going on for awhile now, DC has shit rotations and questionable plays out of timeouts end of story
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

No, DC is not costing us the series. It is our GM, MU who did not get enough talent to win this series. When your starting PF is Amir Johnson, then you will not go far in the play offs even in a disastrous Eastern Conference this year. When your SF starter in Ross, then you can not expect much from your coach.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
        No, DC is not costing us the series. It is our GM, MU who did not get enough talent to win this series.
        I agree with this argument. As much as we want to blame DC for failed rotations and assignments, lets not forget a few things:

a) We still have a game 7 - Casey has another chance to inspire this roster and adjust. If he can do that then any point right now will be mute. Also lets look at the glass of being half full, he is flawed but he makes the guys play for him and they wouldn't be in this position if we still had Jay Triano.

B) We are thin - We do not enough players on the bench to step up when the other team is putting the screws on our starters. Yes you can question MU for that, but given how much the Raptors needed to give for a rental player, it was best to keep your assets safe, evaluate the team needs during the playoffs and then assess the Roster accordingly in the summer time.

I think the Raptors have passed most people's expectations this season and with the upcoming draft, free agency (hopefully we resign Lowry) and trades we can make this team really build for a playoffs grind next season.

Comment

It's DC's fault for not playing aggressively enough, relying far too much on horrendously inefficient long-range shooting. Attack the basket, be it off dribble-penetration, post-ups, P&R, whatever... stop playing into the defensive game-plan. Play inside-out. Simple. It forces the defense to tighten up and will open up the lanes for the perimeter play, be it ISO's, handoffs or passing lanes. They have to play inside-out.

Comment

I don't think that DC ruined Ross' shot, and it could very well be that that's been the difference in teh series

Don't get me wrong, I'm no DC fanboy, but we could have won every game we lost, even today's if they just hadn't been so on fire in the first half

Can you really expect more than that? Against a team with this pedigree, this experience?
            "Stop eating your sushi."
            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

That timeout he called to destrpy our momentum, midway through the fourth, that was fucking stupid though
              "Stop eating your sushi."
              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                That timeout he called to destrpy our momentum, midway through the fourth, that was fucking stupid though
                Yeah that play in particular was just stupid, I know why he did it but it wasn't smart of him. We could of easily went down and scored to continue our run but nope he kills his own team's momentum

Comment

Someone honestly needs to lock Salmons in his home Sunday. Caseys rotations are mindboggling but doing this will help.

The Raptors beat writers are also bring up Fields and a need for no more Salmons. What ever the man did ...Casey can ignore it for Sunday.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
                  "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                  "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Just Is wrote: View Post
                    Someone honestly needs to lock Salmons in his home Sunday. Caseys rotations are mindboggling but doing this will help.

The Raptors beat writers are also bring up Fields and a need for no more Salmons. What ever the man did ...Casey can ignore it for Sunday.

I was already advocating we kidnap Salmonella and send him in a box to Siberia?

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                      I was already advocating we kidnap Salmonella and send him in a box to Siberia?
                      Does anywhere ship on the weekend?

"My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

No, DC is not costing us the series. It is our GM, MU who did not get enough talent to win this series. When your starting PF is Amir Johnson, then you will not go far in the play offs even in a disastrous Eastern Conference this year. When your SF starter in Ross, then you can not expect much from your coach.
                        You're so right man! Third place in the East and a seven game series vs a team filled with current stars/has-beens. What a bummer this year has been. Why didn't Masai take a 34 win team and turn them into a Championship contender in year one?

Comment

Waaaait, what? Amir Johnson is one of the most valuable players in the league according to a bunch of advanced metrics. He's somewhere in the top 15 at the most competitive position besides PG in the league- You've got LA, Griffin, Love, Lee, Davis, Dirk, Z-Bo, West, Ibaka, Duncan, Millsap in no order, and then Amir. And Ross was looking like a great complimentary piece with 11 ppg hitting 40 percent from three and playing good D this year, his playoff choke was just unexpected.

Name me another team with three starters under 25 who got into the playoffs.
                          @Boymusic66

Comment

No, he's (Casey) not. He has had a couple of turnovers, but who hasn't? NOBODY is perfect. Call me crazy, but I'd say the right move regarding Casey is extending him for one more year, see where the team ends up in the standings when the whole conference isn't in tank mode and see how far he gets in the playoffs. Depending on the outcome either extend him long term or dump him. I'm not totally sold on him, but he is the man who brought us this far, he has a lot to bring to the table and so far I am satisfied.
                            Last edited by mike, prague; Sat May 3, 2014, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Ross vs Lillrad ....

This is the cost of wining some extra meaningless games at the end of the season to satisfy the short sighted fans who think their home boy scrubs are top 10 PFs in the league and stars ...

Lets see what will be the cost of the 1st round exit from Play offs this year going to be

Comment

Working...
                              X