Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: WANTED - Video of Jonas' Fouls

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    I agree that they know their tricks, but they have to catch them in the act to be able to call it.
    If they're actually prepared and looking for them, they should be able to see them.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    If they're actually prepared and looking for them, they should be able to see them.
    And take their eyes off what they're supposed to be watching for? That's my point, through years of playing vets begin to understand where the officials are looking and work around that (off ball screen setting is the perfect example). Officials have specific responsibilities in terms of what they have to focus on and where they have to be on the court. I mean they miss stuff ON the ball, they're not gonna catch half of what goes on off it. Not to mention the whole 'instigation vs reaction' tactic at which KG is a master.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm confused.
    Obviously.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

And take their eyes off what they're supposed to be watching for? That's my point, through years of playing vets begin to understand where the officials are looking and work around that (off ball screen setting is the perfect example). Officials have specific responsibilities in terms of what they have to focus on and where they have to be on the court. I mean they miss stuff ON the ball, they're not gonna catch half of what goes on off it. Not to mention the whole 'instigation vs reaction' tactic at which KG is a master.
    I again agree with most of what you've said...but we are talking three sets of eyes. Not a single set of eyes as you keep implying. The reason they have that multi-faceted approach that includes the mini meetings, is so that they catch things exactly like that. Case in point. Lowry was getting some soft calls, not necessarily flopping, but some soft calls in the first five games. JKidd calls it for what it is...and then Lowry tried twice to get soft calls in the first half and didn't. Why? Because they were sensitized to it and watching for it. He would have gotten those calls if JKidd hadn't drawn their attention to it. We know this because he got them the first five games. Three sets of eyes that have watched the film of the series to date and know the things that have been missed and come prepared to catch those things. That's all we can ask. Sure they're going to miss things...but there's no excuse to put Val deep in foul trouble the last two games. If the Raps come out aggressive, I think they'll be fine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information