Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
    He's playing with one arm, and will not shoot the ball if he's open. There, that's two.

As good as he is defensively, he's a huge liability on offense.
    But so is everyone not named Amir or kyle
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Here is the argument against retaining Casey.

Defense is his specialty. Our defense has been absolute shit.
      Abso-effing-lutely.

In the biggest game of the year, Casey is getting his ass handed to him. JJ is a good player, but he's past his prime, and we're making him look like Lebron, even with the double and triple team. Complete coaching fail. And this still doesn't even take into account the DD/Lowry/Salmons/Vasquez ISO ball that the offense has become.

Comment

He's playing with one arm, and will not shoot the ball if he's open. There, that's two.

We can have Demar and Lowry and Pat to score and have Fields lock the F down on JJ. While Amir can set high screens, Fields can be used as down screener for Demar and using Pat as stretch 4 to free up spacing. It should work.

Comment

And Salmons isnt?

At least Fields can pass/cut/drive quicker

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Nets are huge in 3rd quarters. Time to weather another storm or go home packing for the Bahamas.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                I am not enjoying this game
                was about to post this too.. this game is somehow only bringing only bad emotions to me :/

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                  The Nets scored on every possession from the 8 minute mark of the 2nd quarter except on that last second shot by Pierce. How are we only down 8?
                  In the last eight minutes:

Brooklyn missed: Joe Johnson free throw; Pierce 18-footer; Garnett free throw; Pierce 20-footer.
                  Toronto missed: Lowry 20-footer; Johnson 3-footer; Lowry 6-footer; DeRozan 22-footer; Valanciunas 10-footer; Johnson 6-footer; Lowry 18-footer; Lowry free throw.

Our offence went south in a hurry.

Comment

• Jangles wrote: View Post
                    Ignoring IBOs comments from last game? If Fields is such a liability on offense, what do you say about Salmons, the worst player in the playoffs? I'd rather Fields defer than have Salmoms continue his hot 4/18 shooting in the series or whatever it is.
                    There is a difference between a guy struggling with a shot and a guy that a defense KNOWS will never even attempt a shot. Literally.

You're putting a lot of pressure on Demar and Lowry to create in iso's, split doubles, and make tough shots with Fields on the floor.

If they do are put Fields on the floor, I better not read any fucking whining about Demar jacking shots over double teams.

Comment

• Game #7: #WeTheNorth vs Brooklyn Nets - Do Or Die - 1:00pm EST

Tbh unless something changes drastically in the second half were gonna lose this

Comment

• I try to defend Casey, but I can't anymore...even if we pull this win out of our ass today, we need a new coach
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• caccia wrote: View Post
                          In the last eight minutes:

Brooklyn missed: Joe Johnson free throw; Pierce 18-footer; Garnett free throw; Pierce 20-footer.
                          Toronto missed: Lowry 20-footer; Johnson 3-footer; Lowry 6-footer; DeRozan 22-footer; Valanciunas 10-footer; Johnson 6-footer; Lowry 18-footer; Lowry free throw.

Our offence went south in a hurry.
                          The only explanation: voodoo.
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

There is a difference between a guy struggling with a shot and a guy that a defense KNOWS will never even attempt a shot. Literally.

You're putting a lot of pressure on Demar and Lowry to create in iso's, split doubles, and make tough shots with Fields on the floor.

If they do are put Fields on the floor, I better not read any fucking whining about Demar jacking shots over double teams.
                            The argument falls apart when you realize that the Nets aren't respecting Salmons shot.

Yes, Salmons is more likely to shoot then Fields but he's also likely to score just as much as Fields while not providing as good defense to compensate. The fact that Salmons literally is the worst player of any team in the playoffs (not hyperboly, its actually backed up statistically) is also something worth remembering as well.
                            "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                            "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

Fields can dunk the ball, runs pnr's and back cuts for him

Comment

• Tom sterner sounds worked up!

Comment

Working...
                                X