Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puffer wrote: View Post
    Can I say that I am just a LITTLE disappointed in my fellow RR citizens not cluing a guy in to the fact that there was an ABC feed. I guess i should have realized it, being a playoff game and all. Makes me wonder though. If there had ever been a playoff game between Toronto Raps and Vancouver Griz would any US station have carried it? I guess not if there was an american team playoff game. Only makes sense.
    When I read the words "Vancouver Grizzlies" and "playoffs" I burst out laughing.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• LOL!! Lowry thought he was Leonidas from 300. This is SPARTAAA F*** outta here smhhh.. Good season but really?? Kyle needs to become a better leader and find other ways to win instead of trying to be such a hero. Great season but this play really pissed me off. We had 6.2 seconds and we end up with this??
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Ambidextrious wrote: View Post

LOL!! Lowry thought he was Leonidas from 300. This is SPARTAAA F*** outta here smhhh.. Good season but really?? Kyle needs to become a better leader and find other ways to win instead of trying to be such a hero. Great season but this play really pissed me off. We had 6.2 seconds and we end up with this??

Man, if he did that during the regular season, that would have been free throws.

This was Lowry's first playoff series in which he started in every game. Not only that, he had a tremendous amount of responsibility resting on his shoulders.

You can't argue with the shot. Sure, they could have ran a catch and shoot for Lowry or Derozan, but Lowry getting into the paint was a smart move. Unfortunately, as we all learned, the refs don't blow the whistle in the last 6 seconds of a game 7.

You can be assured that he and every other player have taken so much away from this series, and will come back stronger.
        I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
        -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
          Man, if he did that during the regular season, that would have been free throws.

This was Lowry's first playoff series in which he started in every game. Not only that, he had a tremendous amount of responsibility resting on his shoulders.

You can't argue with the shot. Sure, they could have ran a catch and shoot for Lowry or Derozan, but Lowry getting into the paint was a smart move. Unfortunately, as we all learned, the refs don't blow the whistle in the last 6 seconds of a game 7.

You can be assured that he and every other player have taken so much away from this series, and will come back stronger.
          I'm not angry at Lowry or any other player. Let's face it without Kyle we wouldn't be anywhere near where we ended up. I just think we could of drew up a better play. I think kyle still has more room for growth he needs to become a better leader.
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I'm not angry at Lowry or any other player. Let's face it without Kyle we wouldn't be anywhere near where we ended up. I just think we could of drew up a better play. I think kyle still has more room for growth he needs to become a better leader.
            I agree with you. This is an issue I have with DC; he at times seems to give total freedom to either Lowry or Derozan to create a shot out of a timeout.

Derozan excels in the catch and shoot, whilst Lowry is almost guaranteed to knock down his 3 off his pin down screen 3 from the top right.

With 6 seconds, I would have ran the same play that they ran in Sacramento in which Lowry got called for the Offensive foul. That way, both Demar and Lowry touch the ball. Since the bigs are screening the lowry, Demar has the chance to drive, and if he doesn't have the lane, he knows exactly where to hit Lowry for the 3 ball.

We didn't need the 3 ball in that case, so Lowry could have came off a screen inside the 3 point line and could have either hit Patterson for a jumper or gone for a floater.

Totally agree about us not achieving as much as we did without Lowry.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
              I agree with you. This is an issue I have with DC; he at times seems to give total freedom to either Lowry or Derozan to create a shot out of a timeout.

Derozan excels in the catch and shoot, whilst Lowry is almost guaranteed to knock down his 3 off his pin down screen 3 from the top right.

With 6 seconds, I would have ran the same play that they ran in Sacramento in which Lowry got called for the Offensive foul. That way, both Demar and Lowry touch the ball. Since the bigs are screening the lowry, Demar has the chance to drive, and if he doesn't have the lane, he knows exactly where to hit Lowry for the 3 ball.

We didn't need the 3 ball in that case, so Lowry could have came off a screen inside the 3 point line and could have either hit Patterson for a jumper or gone for a floater.

Totally agree about us not achieving as much as we did without Lowry.

You know, if Ross goes to the corner to space the floor like he was supposed to, I can see us having a whole different conversation about the play. Food for thought.
              @Boymusic66

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
                You know, if Ross goes to the corner to space the floor like he was supposed to, I can see us having a whole different conversation about the play. Food for thought.
                I noticed the exact same thing!

Comment

If DC can design a play on the correct side of the court, I can see us having a whole different conversation about the play
                  "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Thats what many of the players mentioned in their post-game interviews.

Ambidextrous and I were discussing other potential play calls that Dwayne Casey could have made. If you see my post prior to the one you quoted, you would see that I was happy with the play call and what Lowry tried to do.

Like Mack11 just said, there could have been a different outcome with a different play call as well. Im just not sure that the one DC did call actually put our guys in the best chance to succeed. We needed ball movement and screens, not iso, especially because we all knew that Lowry was going to get the double team like he did all series.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                      Sorry Puff ... In my defense, there was this ....

And this little exchange...

Annd I even posted the ABC Playoffs Theme Song ...

BUT I should have put it in the Title of the Thread.
                      You should have mailed each and every one of us. C'mon Joey you let us down
                      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• Breakdown of last play in game 7

Comment

• Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                            What is happening in this picture?! Is that Will Arnett?! Haha

Comment

LOL!! Lowry thought he was Leonidas from 300. This is SPARTAAA F*** outta here smhhh.. Good season but really?? Kyle needs to become a better leader and find other ways to win instead of trying to be such a hero. Great season but this play really pissed me off. We had 6.2 seconds and we end up with this??
                              Personally, I didn't have a problem with that attempt. Despite being forced, it almost worked. Game of inches.

Considering Ross' trembling legs all series, I'm not so sure I would've wanted him taking the final shot.

Comment

• Interesting. Didn't catch the play flipping fiasco.

Then again, it's not like Lowry going left is truly a "weakness". But Casey did say in the post-game presser that Ross was supposed to be in the corner. I guess the moment got the better of him where he was caught spectating.
                                Last edited by Nilanka; Tue May 6, 2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X