Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71
Results 1,401 to 1,417 of 1417

Thread: Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
    I agree with you. This is an issue I have with DC; he at times seems to give total freedom to either Lowry or Derozan to create a shot out of a timeout.

Derozan excels in the catch and shoot, whilst Lowry is almost guaranteed to knock down his 3 off his pin down screen 3 from the top right.

With 6 seconds, I would have ran the same play that they ran in Sacramento in which Lowry got called for the Offensive foul. That way, both Demar and Lowry touch the ball. Since the bigs are screening the lowry, Demar has the chance to drive, and if he doesn't have the lane, he knows exactly where to hit Lowry for the 3 ball.

We didn't need the 3 ball in that case, so Lowry could have came off a screen inside the 3 point line and could have either hit Patterson for a jumper or gone for a floater.

Totally agree about us not achieving as much as we did without Lowry.

You know, if Ross goes to the corner to space the floor like he was supposed to, I can see us having a whole different conversation about the play. Food for thought.
    @Boymusic66

Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TSF wrote: View Post
    You know, if Ross goes to the corner to space the floor like he was supposed to, I can see us having a whole different conversation about the play. Food for thought.
    I noticed the exact same thing!
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Raptors Republic Veteran MACK11's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If DC can design a play on the correct side of the court, I can see us having a whole different conversation about the play
    DD has not only replaced Bargs on the scoring list, he's also replaced him as our new "come hell or high water" guy.

Raptors Republic All-Star YoungGunRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats what many of the players mentioned in their post-game interviews.

Ambidextrous and I were discussing other potential play calls that Dwayne Casey could have made. If you see my post prior to the one you quoted, you would see that I was happy with the play call and what Lowry tried to do.

Like Mack11 just said, there could have been a different outcome with a different play call as well. Im just not sure that the one DC did call actually put our guys in the best chance to succeed. We needed ball movement and screens, not iso, especially because we all knew that Lowry was going to get the double team like he did all series.
    “You can sink and drown, or you can float, and we out here like Michael Phelps."
    Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic All-Star Yabadabayolo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    Sorry Puff ... In my defense, there was this ....

And this little exchange...

Annd I even posted the ABC Playoffs Theme Song ...

BUT I should have put it in the Title of the Thread.
    You should have mailed each and every one of us. C'mon Joey you let us down
    In Swag we Trust

-Nick Young

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Breakdown of last play in game 7

7. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    What is happening in this picture?! Is that Will Arnett?! Haha
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. That’s nice." Terrence Ross

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ambidextrious wrote: View Post

LOL!! Lowry thought he was Leonidas from 300. This is SPARTAAA F*** outta here smhhh.. Good season but really?? Kyle needs to become a better leader and find other ways to win instead of trying to be such a hero. Great season but this play really pissed me off. We had 6.2 seconds and we end up with this??
    Personally, I didn't have a problem with that attempt. Despite being forced, it almost worked. Game of inches.

Considering Ross' trembling legs all series, I'm not so sure I would've wanted him taking the final shot.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. Didn't catch the play flipping fiasco.

Then again, it's not like Lowry going left is truly a "weakness". But Casey did say in the post-game presser that Ross was supposed to be in the corner. I guess the moment got the better of him where he was caught spectating.
    Last edited by Nilanka; Tue May 6th, 2014 at 10:07 AM.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Shoulda would coulda.

That said, imagine if Ross were in the corner and Anderson left him open to help. How killer would it have been to give Ross a chance to redeem the series by hitting the series-winning shot. I would have wet my pants.

13. Like OldSkoolCool liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star e_wheazhy_'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote S.R. wrote: View Post
    Shoulda would coulda.

That said, imagine if Ross were in the corner and Anderson left him open to help. How killer would it have been to give Ross a chance to redeem the series by hitting the series-winning shot. I would have wet my pants.
    Would've been flashes of Vince: win dunk competition, clank series winning shot.
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Raptors Republic All-Star consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote e_wheazhy_ wrote: View Post
    Would've been flashes of Vince: win dunk competition, clank series winning shot.
    Hahaha, it would have been from the same corner too. xD

Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Have Fun Nets

All going according to plan. Two games against the Heat, down 2-0. It takes the sting out of losing a little bit knowing that our season ended in a heroic game 7 defeat rather than with a whimper at the feet of the Heat. And, our team didn't cost $180 million to do that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    All going according to plan. Two games against the Heat, down 2-0. It takes the sting out of losing a little bit knowing that our season ended in a heroic game 7 defeat rather than with a whimper at the feet of the Heat. And, our team didn't cost $180 million to do that.
    And we have draft picks and a young core.
    The name's Bond, James Bond.

18. Like Jclaw liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Ross has been banished to the corner since about game 3 or so and the Nets have been pretty much leaving him open to double or triple team Lowry and DD. I mean does anybody really think there is any f**in way that Lowry passes it to Ross? Why start now?

So, basically when Lowry drives to the hoop, Anderson slides over - it's a triple team and yes, the conversation is different, as in WTF play call was that?

Post Thanks / Like

"You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

21. Like imanshumpert, Joey liked this post
Page 71 of 71 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71

Thread Information