Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #7: Brooklyn Nets 104 - Toronto Raptors 103 (Nets Win Series 4-3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Missed the first half of the ATL/IND game but managed to catch the second half.

Plays where ATL struggled to score was when they went into the half court set.

Plays where ATL scored easily or got good shots, they sprinted the ball down the court and took the shot by the 14 second mark.

I saw Indiana kill the high screen hard on Teague, similar (though not as much) to what they are doing to Lowry.

Casey....run the ball please

#FuckBrooklyn

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
        basically no one has faith in the raptors to pull this game 7 off.
        Can you blame them though? Raptors have played like crap for most of the series and they lack experience. I hate to say it but I think the nets are going to come out the victorious.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
          Casey....run the ball please
          Easier said than done, especially against a good defence.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
            Easier said than done, especially against a good defence.
            That is how you beat a good defense. They are only good because we allow them to set up. Vasquez gets 1-2 easy buckets every game just by sprinting down the floor.

Every playoff game I've watched when the ball speeds up it opens up the D.

Let me put it this way....we have ONE OF the best athletes in the game right now in Ross....and we make him stand in the corner. Does this seem right to you? He is an elite open court player and nobody on the Nets can keep up with him

Comment

Can you blame them though? Raptors have played like crap for most of the series and they lack experience. I hate to say it but I think the nets are going to come out the victorious.
              I completely agree with everything you've said. Casey hasn't shown the ability to adjust but Jason Kidd has. So to expect us to all of a sudden do everything we should have been doing throughout the series (like run) is wishful thinking. I hope you all are right. I hope Kyle and Demar move the ball, I hope we run more, I hope Jonas and Amir get touches in the pick and roll, I hope we find a way to stop Joe Johnson, I hope Amir finally finds a way to guard Pierce, I hope Casey makes adjustments (such as play Fields) etc. But it hasn't happened all series (consistently) and some of them haven't happened much all year so realistically it won't happen tomorrow and if it doesn't we lose. It's as simple as that. But it has been a very entertaining series and Raptors have surpassed many of our expectations so I won't be distraught if we lose. The future is much brighter for us than Brooklyn and that alone will make me sleep well at night.
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                That is how you beat a good defense. They are only good because we allow them to set up. Vasquez gets 1-2 easy buckets every game just by sprinting down the floor.

Every playoff game I've watched when the ball speeds up it opens up the D.

Let me put it this way....we have ONE OF the best athletes in the game right now in Ross....and we make him stand in the corner. Does this seem right to you? He is an elite open court player and nobody on the Nets can keep up with him
                Full court, run and gun offense is never too successful in the playoffs. If it was then the Suns would have won a championship a few years ago. Strong half court play takes a team a lot further, because eventually the defense will always have an opportunity to reset and it's usually that part of the game that dictates tempo overall.

And even if we would want to incorporate a "full court offense", we first need to get better at defending, forcing turn overs and rebounding the ball and passing it up the court without losing it. Unfortunately the Raptors pretty much suck in all of those aspects.

As for Ross...he's playing so bad this series that personally I think he shouldn't even be considered for any sort of "series saving" strategies. It's not Casey's, or anybody else's fault that Ross doesn't move on offense but his own.

The key to winning is for the Raptors to actually hit their easy shots, stop their clumsy, uncoordinated play and play real basketball for 48 minutes. Not 1 quarter per game. Not letting bounce passes go through your legs, or bouncing the ball off your foot, or running into the key and fall over.
                Last edited by nubreed000; Sun May 4, 2014, 01:22 AM.

Comment

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing KLOE play all 48 minutes tomorrow. Raps should be doing whatever they possibly can to win tomorrow and we're a completely different team with him not on the floor. Steph Curry's at 43 minutes with 3 minutes left in the GSW-LAC game so 48 is not a huge stretch. Use timeouts wisely Casey

Comment

Full court, run and gun offense is never too successful in the playoffs. If it was then the Suns would have won a championship a few years ago. Strong half court play takes a team a lot further, because eventually the defense will always have an opportunity to reset and it's usually that part of the game that dictates tempo overall.
                    We aren't a full court run and gun team like the Suns though. By getting out and running I mean pushing the pace and taking advantage of the secondary break as well as pulling in the D to set up our half court offense....not get full run outs by turning them over and super quick outlet passes.

As for Ross...he's playing so bad this series that personally I think he shouldn't even be considered for any sort of "series saving" strategies. It's not Casey's, or anybody else's fault that Ross doesn't move on offense but his own.
                    I disagree. Player movement at the NBA level is 90% dictated. He is being told to stand in the corner by Casey.

Ross getting out and running is the easiest way to get him to produce efficiently and easily. He hasn't lost the ability to jump and dunk the ball.

Comment

Yeah I like when Vasquez comes in he always pushes the pace and we usually get a couple easy shots because of it
                      "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
                        Yeah I like when Vasquez comes in he always pushes the pace and we usually get a couple easy shots because of it
                        It's not a hard adjustment either, would go something like this:

*Casey talks to team

"Ok guys, I want a quick outlet pass to Ross or DD on the wing, I want to push them onto their heels and stop them from setting up their defense"

*turns to Ross and DD

"Run that ball down the court full speed, try to dunk it. If there is nothing there, reverse it and look for Val first then the trailing Lowry or Vasquez"

*turns to Val

"Fill that lane, they have no rim protection"

*turns to Lowry and Vasquez

"look for that secondary break 3, go straight into our high screen with Amir/Patterson if it isn't there"

*turns to Amir/Patterson

"I want you to go straight into the high screen. Running into the paint first doesn't work because they are mobile and you can't get enough separation from Pierce/Teletovic"

*draws some X's and O'x for examples of what he wants (well...Nurse does)

Whole conversation could take 5 minutes and about 2 hours to work all the kinks out in pracitce

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                          Anyone know how early one should be at the square to get a good spot?
                          Early dude. Got there an hour and 45 before tip and they were at capacity
                          A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

this is how I feel going into game 7

Comment

(this is how i feel):I feel pretty good, and I'm not scared at all. I feel kinda invincible. I have a very positive attitude about this

Comment

It pains me to hear our own fans have this perception. The series is tied 3-3 and we've played excellent ball at times. If you think about how crappy we've played overall, you know there's still another level that this team can play at.

The 3 things I believe need to happen for us to win, are as follows;

- Big games from DeMar and Lowry(I believe both will have great games. They've come so far this season not to...)

- No early foul trouble for JV and Amir(Our rim protection is already weak enough when these two are in, but when they are both sitting it's pretty much non-existent)

- Contain Deron Williams early and often(If he's getting these wide open jumpers and sticking them early, his confidence just goes through the roof, and their team feeds off of that)*Stop Deron and we will win

Just my 3 cents.

Comment

Working...
                                X