Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time of the Year to evaluate these players ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna toss out some improvements for the offseason then some final thoughts:

JV - He needs some post moves. He needs to not get pushed so far out when going for his hook shot.

The two main things I want though are (1) for him to get stronger without getting heavier. He looks slowed and winded until the last month of the season. (2) if he can start hitting that little 8-12 foot face up jumper, that improvement alone will add space for his drives, and another 2-4 ppg for him. I could see him being like Marc Gasol.

DD - Figure when to shoot and when to pass. I'm ok with his jumper in certain situations now. Just know when to use it. He needs better defense. Get a left hand, actually a better handle in general. It'll help make plays and happen his jumper even more. And lastly, keep working on that range.

Ross- tighten up that handle! A left handle and more dribble moves to go with that first step and already smooth stroke? He's a beast then.

As for MU's roster moves - Don't worry about duplication yet. I don't think it's time to worry about Amir/2Pat or DD/Ross doing too similar things yet. Talent accumulation along with steady growth for a couple more years. I'm looking at that process until summer 2016

Comment

• Its gonna take more than 4 years/40 mil to re sign Lowry

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
        Its gonna take more than 4 years/40 mil to re sign Lowry

He's gonna get at least 4 years/48 mil IMO
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• MACK11 wrote: View Post
          He's gonna get at least 4 years/48 mil IMO
          Yeah at least

You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• BrydenB wrote: View Post
            I'm gonna toss out some improvements for the offseason then some final thoughts:

JV - He needs some post moves. He needs to not get pushed so far out when going for his hook shot.

The two main things I want though are (1) for him to get stronger without getting heavier. He looks slowed and winded until the last month of the season. (2) if he can start hitting that little 8-12 foot face up jumper, that improvement alone will add space for his drives, and another 2-4 ppg for him. I could see him being like Marc Gasol.

DD - Figure when to shoot and when to pass. I'm ok with his jumper in certain situations now. Just know when to use it. He needs better defense. Get a left hand, actually a better handle in general. It'll help make plays and happen his jumper even more. And lastly, keep working on that range.

Ross- tighten up that handle! A left handle and more dribble moves to go with that first step and already smooth stroke? He's a beast then.

As for MU's roster moves - Don't worry about duplication yet. I don't think it's time to worry about Amir/2Pat or DD/Ross doing too similar things yet. Talent accumulation along with steady growth for a couple more years. I'm looking at that process until summer 2016
            Just heard on the Raps live press conference, JVs gonna be working with hakeem olajuwan

Comment

• Players I like for the team, in no particular order, plausibly acquirable:

- Gorgui Dieng, backup C
              - Cory Joseph, backup PG

Both of the above for backups.

- Nikolas Batum, starting SF
              - Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, starting SF
              - Trevor Ariza, starting SF

one of the above for the starting line up

- Vince Carter, backup SG/SF, human media frenzy

for the lulz

Comment

• If you trade an All-Star, you better be getting one back or a top 5 pick. Otherwise it makes no sense to roll the dice again. You build on top of what you have, you don't tear it down hoping whatever you bring in has the same chemistry and buy into the culture that has been reinforced in these players mind.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
                  Serious question: what do the people who want to trade DeMar expect to get for DeMar? What is an acceptable return for DeMar?
                  If I'm trading Demar, I gotta get in position to draft Wiggins. Nobody else will do. Parker would be the consolation prize, but I would much rather Wiggins. It would be a perfect match and fit. Ross and Wiggins on the wings would be a nightmare for other teams.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by MangoKid; Mon May 5, 2014, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• I dont understand why some fans here in RR feel like you have to choose between one of DeMar and Ross. Choose one and trade the other. They're both very good YOUNG players who plays for the Toronto Raptors. Why dont you want to keep both?

As for who's better, Ross or DeRozan. I think Ross has a chance to be a good player. But to me DeRozan is the better player. And i dont think its even close.

Reggie Miller always say, you know you're great when in a 7 game series, the opposing team focuses on you, they know what you're going to do but they still can't stop you. DeRozan in these playoffs averaged 24ppg, 28ppg the last 6 games. That is amazing specially for a guy that is playing in his first ever playoff series. Remember all the talk here before the playoffs how DeRozan is going to get exposed in the playoffs? yeah.....

Lowry today says "DeRozan is on his way to being a superstar... Why wouldn't you want to be on a team with a guy like that?"

I think one of the MAIN reason why Lowry will re-sign w/ the Raptors(yes i think he will be back) is because of DeRozan.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I just listened to the full vasquez interview from today (I'm sure someone can link it, it's a pain in the ass to do on my phone). Anyway, that guy was so passionate about the team and the city. And I'm listening to him talk about his experience here and how bad he wants to be back, he's comparing this team to OKC. Then it clicks. This guy is best friends with KD! He's talking to KD like this for sure! He keeps referencing OKC in the interview. Is vazquez the guy that can lure him in? Hmmmmmmmmm. Some will say it's wishful thinking and crazy, to them I say, So what? What else are you gonna do now...
                      Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                      Because its 2015

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                        The picks don't count as salary in the trade. Could always add guys like Buycks or Stone (both add up to $1.75M) to make it work.
                        Thank you very much.

I will continue to mess around.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I dont understand why some fans here in RR feel like you have to choose between one of DeMar and Ross. Choose one and trade the other. They're both very good YOUNG players who plays for the Toronto Raptors. Why dont you want to keep both?
                          The general answer here is "because they both play shooting guard." The Raps' lack of a true small forward hurt them a lot against the Nets because they didn't have an answer for Joe Johnson.

I'm not saying I want to trade either (although if a route to Andrew Wiggins or Jabari Parker or maybe even Michael Kidd-Gilchrist was open by trading one of them, I would consider it). But the rationale for wanting to trade one is relatively straightforward, particularly when, if we re-sign Lowry and Vasquez (both quite likely) we have a very strong backcourt and a frontcourt that needs bolstering.

Comment

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                            I just listened to the full vasquez interview from today (I'm sure someone can link it, it's a pain in the ass to do on my phone). Anyway, that guy was so passionate about the team and the city. And I'm listening to him talk about his experience here and how bad he wants to be back, he's comparing this team to OKC. Then it clicks. This guy is best friends with KD! He's talking to KD like this for sure! He keeps referencing OKC in the interview. Is vazquez the guy that can lure him in? Hmmmmmmmmm. Some will say it's wishful thinking and crazy, to them I say, So what? What else are you gonna do now...
                            The Vasquez/Durant relationship is undoubtedly one of the benefits to resigning Greivis, but it's a bonus. You sign Vasquez because he's a very good backup point guard who can start for you when necessary.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                              Throughout the series i was thinking that it would be nice to have a guy like Livingston on this team. He'd be miles better than Salmons. A 3/stretch 4 would be good as well. Maybe Adrien Payne from Michigan State?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Livingston is a whiny punk ass b*tch. PASS.

Comment

• SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
                                Livingston is a whiny punk ass b*tch. PASS.
                                Seeing him try to be tough was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X