Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time of the Year to evaluate these players ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick Question: If I trade for future picks, for example a 2017 1st lotto protected pick (worth 1.4/yr) and a 2018 2nd round pick (800k), in the trade those numbers count towards the trade salaries exchanged between each team.

Therefor if I am looking at a trade that requires us to take on 1.8 mil on the trade machine (F***), then by adding a future first and a 2nd the trade could legally work? What about swapping picks, does that mean that dollar value is changing hands in the trade? How much cash can be put into the trade?

Any help on this would be great

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
    You need to teach everyone else on these forums how to make tables haha.

But yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from with DD. MLSE has stated that they'd pay into the tax for a winner, and I'm really hoping that the team manages to land a big fish before they have to start ponying up for DD, Val and Ross. That way they could head into the tax once they've got that core established. Either that, or you're basically gonna have to work something out with DD on the side in advance to where he helps recruit and then signs his contract afterwards. Not unheard of, but makes things complicated.
    "Go Advanced" ---> "Insert Table" ----> proceed to curse at how annoying it is to actually type out each cell from Excel

There are three things in the way of having a boatload of FA money in the 2016 offseason.

1) Ross gets extended and we avoid RFA/QO cap holds
    2) Val gets extended and we avoid RFA/QO cap holds
    3) DD doesn't pick up his player option. This allows us an extra 9.5 mil to sign the UFA. We still own DD's Bird Rights and can go into tax to retain him on a new contract

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
      Quick Question: If I trade for future picks, for example a 2017 1st lotto protected pick (worth 1.4/yr) and a 2018 2nd round pick (800k), in the trade those numbers count towards the trade salaries exchanged between each team.

Therefor if I am looking at a trade that requires us to take on 1.8 mil on the trade machine (F***), then by adding a future first and a 2nd the trade could legally work? What about swapping picks, does that mean that dollar value is changing hands in the trade? How much cash can be put into the trade?

Any help on this would be great

"Go Advanced" ---> "Insert Table" ----> proceed to curse at how annoying it is to actually type out each cell from Excel

There are three things in the way of having a boatload of FA money in the 2016 offseason.

1) Ross gets extended and we avoid RFA/QO cap holds
      2) Val gets extended and we avoid RFA/QO cap holds
      3) DD doesn't pick up his player option. This allows us an extra 9.5 mil to sign the UFA. We still own DD's Bird Rights and can go into tax to retain him on a new contract
      The picks don't count as salary in the trade. Could always add guys like Buycks or Stone (both add up to $1.75M) to make it work.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
        The picks don't count as salary in the trade. Could always add guys like Buycks or Stone (both add up to $1.75M) to make it work.
        What was the point in having these guys on the team this season?

Buycks looked horrible when he played and Stone only played in the preseason
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Rumours out there that Atlanta may put themselves in play for Greg Monroe

If that's the case, gotta think Horford may just be made available...I wonder if a 3-team sign and trade deal would have any chance...
          Wonder if Atlanta is tired of waiting for Horford's boobs to heal and want to replace him with Monroe? If Horford was made available I'm not really sure how you would get him unless you'd be willing to move DD.

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            What was the point in having these guys on the team this season?

Buycks looked horrible when he played and Stone only played in the preseason
            Obviously for flexibility (cheap short contracts) and tanking. They were all we had to back up Lowry before Vasquez came over.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              Wonder if Atlanta is tired of waiting for Horford's boobs to heal and want to replace him with Monroe? If Horford was made available I'm not really sure how you would get him unless you'd be willing to move DD.
              That's kind of what I was wondering when I saw it.

As for cost...that's really tough to figure out. Given this would be a 3-team deal, it's hard to know what Toronto could send to each team to facilitate.

Comment

That's kind of what I was wondering when I saw it.

As for cost...that's really tough to figure out. Given this would be a 3-team deal, it's hard to know what Toronto could send to each team to facilitate.
                I could maybe see Horford for Monroe and a 1st. Don't think a 3rd team is necessary.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
                  I could maybe see Horford for Monroe and a 1st. Don't think a 3rd team is necessary.
                  Does Detroit want Horford with Drummond and Smith in the frontcourt? Is either team willing to give up a 1st rd pick in the deal? Given the first question, what pieces then help get the deal done discounting picks?

Comment

chch166 wrote: View Post
                    Nooooo not Perkins please....... We're going to be on Shaqtin a fool alot if that happens.
                    There's only about 4 centers this year I would target as backups, and Okafor might want to start.
                    I'd rather have Perkins on the cheap instead of paying Kaman 6-8 million to back up JV, play Harden-level defense, and whine.
                    @Boymusic66

Comment

Does Detroit want Horford with Drummond and Smith in the frontcourt? Is either team willing to give up a 1st rd pick in the deal? Given the first question, what pieces then help get the deal done discounting picks?
                      Raptors get Horford, Hawks get Monroe and Salmons (cap relief with the 7 million you can waive down to 1 million), Pistons get Vasquez and 2Pat?
                      @Boymusic66

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                        You realize our backup PG just averaged 11 and 6 playing 28 minutes a game in the playoffs?
                        And amazingly he was the JJ defensive stopper after Casey let PP be destroyed.

Comment

I expect Masai to do a good job till the next season comes.

List of players in my opinion that should be kept:
                          Amir Johnson - Game 7 perfectly showed why.
                          Kyle Lowry - He did not have the best series, but definitely kept Raptors close to winning it.
                          JV - Struggled in game 7, but it was partly fault of the tmates that had no trust in him for instance DD.
                          Tyler H. - A real fighter, never gives on a play. Love that guy.
                          Patrick Patterson - Great player. Scores plays D.
                          Terence Ross - Gained more confidence this season, during the summer he will work it up even more.
                          Vasquez - Sees the floor well, one of the best passers in the team.
                          De Colo - Player that is suitable for a winning team as a one that comes from the bench.

Others:
                          Derozan - Needs to be traded. He has no game for a winning team, especially in the Playoffs. Everything depends on his jump shot. If its falling we might win, if not, others need to step up their game. From time to time makes terrible decisions, does not see the floor, rarely passes to an open man. An all star that would be a sixth player at the best in Spurs.

Fields - I used to like him a lot when he played for the Knicks. This series against nets he stepped on the floor for couple of times. In my opinion he did a better job than DD defending. He hesitated to shot. Was this plan of Casey, I don't know. This player could have effected this series in the same level that Kirlenko did. But now his salary is way to big for him to stay.

Novak - Limited veteran player. If Raptors would play similar game to the Heat, he would be much more of a value.

John Salmons - His days are in the past. I have little trust in him when he carries the ball. His shooting is not steady at all. Sometimes it falls and it happens when the ball does not even touch the rim. For a professional that's too much.

Chuck Hayes- Not much of a scorer. Does a decent job in the paint. But for his price Raptors could get more efficient player.

Dwayne Casey - During the second part of the season I had thoughts if he is the right fit for such team. At the end I was not happy with his job. Players come out of time outs and take a shot without any plays. That is not a job of a good coach. Every coach should try to act like Popovich or the bulls coach. Play like a real team, not separately on the court. A lot of this happened in the playoffs for the raptors.

Money:

Total salaries of the players that I would want to stay: 24,2 Mil + New contract with Kyle (10-11 Mil worth a year) + New contract with De Colo (1,5 Mil a year) = Makes 36,7 Mil at tops.

63.5 Mil (This seasons Salaries) - 36.7 Mil (players that stay salaries) = 26.8 Mil (Money for free agency)

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            They need a better coach, so many useful players like Field and De Colo were kept out of this series not to mention he was outcoached by Jason Kidd cause he couldn't adjust in time.

I'm just glad to see the last of Salmon, its time to retire buddy.

They need a big bruiser type of a SG or SF like Joe Johnson, so when the shot isn't falling feed the beast the ball on the inside. So tired seeing the Raptors becoming a jump shooting team when the pressure is on.

Need a solid backup centre, preferably more big then JV for match up problems like Asik.
                            This is so sad because it is true.

Comment

acesup wrote: View Post
                              I expect Masai to do a good job till the next season comes.

List of players in my opinion that should be kept:
                              Amir Johnson - Game 7 perfectly showed why.
                              Kyle Lowry - He did not have the best series, but definitely kept Raptors close to winning it.
                              JV - Struggled in game 7, but it was partly fault of the tmates that had no trust in him for instance DD.
                              Tyler H. - A real fighter, never gives on a play. Love that guy.
                              Patrick Patterson - Great player. Scores plays D.
                              Terence Ross - Gained more confidence this season, during the summer he will work it up even more.
                              Vasquez - Sees the floor well, one of the best passers in the team.
                              De Colo - Player that is suitable for a winning team as a one that comes from the bench.

Others:
                              Derozan - Needs to be traded. He has no game for a winning team, especially in the Playoffs. Everything depends on his jump shot. If its falling we might win, if not, others need to step up their game. From time to time makes terrible decisions, does not see the floor, rarely passes to an open man. An all star that would be a sixth player at the best in Spurs.

Fields - I used to like him a lot when he played for the Knicks. This series against nets he stepped on the floor for couple of times. In my opinion he did a better job than DD defending. He hesitated to shot. Was this plan of Casey, I don't know. This player could have effected this series in the same level that Kirlenko did. But now his salary is way to big for him to stay.

Novak - Limited veteran player. If Raptors would play similar game to the Heat, he would be much more of a value.

John Salmons - His days are in the past. I have little trust in him when he carries the ball. His shooting is not steady at all. Sometimes it falls and it happens when the ball does not even touch the rim. For a professional that's too much.

Chuck Hayes- Not much of a scorer. Does a decent job in the paint. But for his price Raptors could get more efficient player.

Dwayne Casey - During the second part of the season I had thoughts if he is the right fit for such team. At the end I was not happy with his job. Players come out of time outs and take a shot without any plays. That is not a job of a good coach. Every coach should try to act like Popovich or the bulls coach. Play like a real team, not separately on the court. A lot of this happened in the playoffs for the raptors.

Money:

Total salaries of the players that I would want to stay: 24,2 Mil + New contract with Kyle (10-11 Mil worth a year) + New contract with De Colo (1,5 Mil a year) = Makes 36,7 Mil at tops.

63.5 Mil (This seasons Salaries) - 36.7 Mil (players that stay salaries) = 26.8 Mil (Money for free agency)

HaHaHa welcome to the NBA

Comment

lolll There is no way anyone is taking Landry. Tack on another 8 million to your salary. Plus, you have to find someone to take Hayes and Novak. I think we could ship out Novak, but nobody is taking Hayes. That's now an addition 14 million. So you now have 12 million for FA. This is also assuming we ship out DD for absolutely no salary, which is absolutely not happening. Ps is sixth man on the spurs really that much of an insult when their sixth man for years has been HOF-worthy Manu?

Until you find a good trade for DD, you have about 3 million to work with- assuming you ship out Novak. PLUS you have to factor in the 1 million cap hold for a rookie. Now we're down to 2 million.
                                @Boymusic66

Comment

Working...
                                X