Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time of the Year to evaluate these players ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd do Barnes for Amir in a second.

I'd like to add a playoff tested vet like Ariza too. The team has serious depth issues.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
      I'd do Barnes for Amir in a second.

I'd like to add a playoff tested vet like Ariza too. The team has serious depth issues.
      I really like Ariza. I remember him from his time in LA and he is a great defender as well but I don't think we can get him for under 7 or 8. He was getting 7.7 from Wizards ... Would that Salary really jeopardize our financial flexibility for 2016 !!!

Comment

Ariza is a long term move with limited upside. Shawn Marion is a better move cheaper,shorter contract.We will probably draft a SF so ideally we only need a 1-2 year stop gap.If no SF is available in the draft, trading a PF drafted #20 to GSW would get Barnes and something.

Comment

Jamshid wrote: View Post
          I really like Ariza. I remember him from his time in LA and he is a great defender as well but I don't think we can get him for under 7 or 8. He was getting 7.7 from Wizards ... Would that Salary really jeopardize our financial flexibility for 2016 !!!
          He turns 29 and is a role player. He got that contract fresh off a championship when he was still young enough that teams hoped he would build on his strong play in LA and become something more. I'd be shocked if he got 7 or 8 million again. Maybe he gets a full mid-level exception....maybe....

Comment

OK, 3, my bad. Still you must be dreaming if you think you will get Barns for Hans even if he is being over paid by 1.5 million a year
            Oh, I never said we could get Barnes for Hansbrough. I just was mystified by the number you pulled out.

Comment

Lowry - Heart and soul of the team, but his skills are not that of a superstar. Best case scenario for us would be to resign at 10 mil a year for 3 years. More realistic is a 4 year deal for about 12 mil a year.

DD - Great contract, awesome second option. He hasn't stopped improving so let's see how much further he can go.

Ross - Needs to be DD's back-up. His skills fit the 2 spot better.

Amir/PatP - Both are awesome 2nd unit bigs. But for the first unit.......unfortunately, we may have to choose only one of them. Tough situation, with Amir bleeding raptors red and PatP having more overall skill, but less passion. In saying that though, PatP still has potential to be an average starter at the 4 whereas Amir is Amir at this point.

JV - Dude's got a lot to work on. His instincts for the NBA game aren't really that good, and it seems the best we can hope for is a slightly poorer Marc Gasol. But he's got a lot of work to do.

G Vasquez - I love his game, and can think of no better option to run the second unit. He's pretty good at setting up the first unit too, in short spurts.

Fields - I wish he wasn't being paid such a ridiculous amount because I think he's an awesome role player on a championship contender, as a defensive stopper.

Novak/Salmons - I think there are better options on the market, and it may be best for both to find better fits for their skills elsewhere.

Chuck Hayes - I like his veteran presence, but again, he's probably more valuable to another team.

DC - He seemingly became a cheerleader in the playoffs instead of a coach. I like his attitude and mentality, but he's not the most creative guy or even an average strategist on the court. A tough call though, as I think he's got the support of the boys on the team.

All in all, a wonderful surprise season we can all be proud of. Got some tough decisions to make about the PF situation as Amir/PatP currently cancel each other, and as has been stated earlier we don't have any super stars. Not many options this offseason, but since we have young team some internal improvement is expected. Might not get back to 48 wins next year but we should still be confident of being back in the playoffs.

MU, let's see what kind of magic you can work.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                Tim and Masai aren't fucking around. They're gonna do everything needed to make this team a contender, I believe it.

Re-signing Lowry is gonna happen pretty quickly, and from there we will see how it develops.
                The timing should be interesting. Big exhales all around if it's soon, but we're much better served by tinkering around and then using Kyle's bird rights to let us go over the cap

Comment

TSF wrote: View Post
                  Patterson and Amir are two of the best 6th man PF's in the league. 20-25 mpg next year for each would be great.
                  SIGN JAMES JOHNSON.
                  I hope OKC finally amnesties Perkins because he would be great for us. Okafor too would be good, as would Jermaine O'Neal.
                  Vasquez is an elite bench point guard.
                  I would say you can extend Lowry's max worth a little bit more than 10 mil on this team.
                  Nooooo not Perkins please....... We're going to be on Shaqtin a fool alot if that happens.
                  Nevermind what haters say,
                  ignore them ’til they fade away. - T.I

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                    The timing should be interesting. Big exhales all around if it's soon, but we're much better served by tinkering around and then using Kyle's bird rights to let us go over the cap
                    We need to use the Bird Rights to go over the cap

Then go for a Tony Parker level value deal at a 12 mil starting with 7.5% decrease each season with the 15% signing bonus (Deal three in everything kyle lowry)

Put it in my spreadsheet as a future contract and it gives us GREAT flexibility in the future

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                      We need to use the Bird Rights to go over the cap

Then go for a Tony Parker level value deal at a 12 mil starting with 7.5% decrease each season with the 15% signing bonus (Deal three in everything kyle lowry)

Put it in my spreadsheet as a future contract and it gives us GREAT flexibility in the future
                      Been wondering myself if they'd structure something that's top-heavy and decreases each year. If they can convince Lowry to sign on it would be a huge advantage moving forward, as I don't think the team can make a serious leap (talking ECF and better here) without either trading for or signing one more legit all-star (unless JV absolutely explodes next year). If they want to make a run at KD or someone similar, they're gonna need to make some short term sacrifices, potentially at the cost of some stagnation or regression next year.

Comment

Stevo wrote: View Post
                        Lowry - Heart and soul of the team, but his skills are not that of a superstar. Best case scenario for us would be to resign at 10 mil a year for 3 years. More realistic is a 4 year deal for about 12 mil a year.

DD - Great contract, awesome second option. He hasn't stopped improving so let's see how much further he can go.

Ross - Needs to be DD's back-up. His skills fit the 2 spot better.

Amir/PatP - Both are awesome 2nd unit bigs. But for the first unit.......unfortunately, we may have to choose only one of them. Tough situation, with Amir bleeding raptors red and PatP having more overall skill, but less passion. In saying that though, PatP still has potential to be an average starter at the 4 whereas Amir is Amir at this point.

JV - Dude's got a lot to work on. His instincts for the NBA game aren't really that good, and it seems the best we can hope for is a slightly poorer Marc Gasol. But he's got a lot of work to do.

G Vasquez - I love his game, and can think of no better option to run the second unit. He's pretty good at setting up the first unit too, in short spurts.

Fields - I wish he wasn't being paid such a ridiculous amount because I think he's an awesome role player on a championship contender, as a defensive stopper.

Novak/Salmons - I think there are better options on the market, and it may be best for both to find better fits for their skills elsewhere.

Chuck Hayes - I like his veteran presence, but again, he's probably more valuable to another team.

DC - He seemingly became a cheerleader in the playoffs instead of a coach. I like his attitude and mentality, but he's not the most creative guy or even an average strategist on the court. A tough call though, as I think he's got the support of the boys on the team.

All in all, a wonderful surprise season we can all be proud of. Got some tough decisions to make about the PF situation as Amir/PatP currently cancel each other, and as has been stated earlier we don't have any super stars. Not many options this offseason, but since we have young team some internal improvement is expected. Might not get back to 48 wins next year but we should still be confident of being back in the playoffs.

MU, let's see what kind of magic you can work.
                        Nicely Said, I agree 100% with every point that you have made.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          Been wondering myself if they'd structure something that's top-heavy and decreases each year. If they can convince Lowry to sign on it would be a huge advantage moving forward, as I don't think the team can make a serious leap (talking ECF and better here) without either trading for or signing one more legit all-star (unless JV absolutely explodes next year). If they want to make a run at KD or someone similar, they're gonna need to make some short term sacrifices, potentially at the cost of some stagnation or regression next year.
                          Initially I was thinking a 5 year contract worth 51.6 mil. But the 4 year 42 mil contract below sounds a lot better. Fully guaranteed. In 2016 his cap hit will only be 10.2 so he wont hurt the Durant sweepstakes if we are trying to go that route. Only problems are Ross' 4.8 QO and Vals 6.2 QO in 2016...and DeRozans player option...he could opt out wanting more money. Really not liking him having that flexibility.

Year Base Salary Signing Bonus Against Cap Total Against Cap
                          2014/2015 10,392,564.84 1,607,435.16 12,000,000
                          2015/2016 9,492,564.84 1,607,435.16 11,100,000
                          2016/2017 8,660,064.84 1,607,435.16 10,267,500
                          2017/2018 7,890,002.34 1,607,435.16 9,497,437.50
                          Total 36,435,196.88 6,429,740.63 42,864,937.50

Comment

The ball is in Masai's court now, he has to lead us.
                            The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

You need to teach everyone else on these forums how to make tables haha.

But yeah, I definitely see where you're coming from with DD. MLSE has stated that they'd pay into the tax for a winner, and I'm really hoping that the team manages to land a big fish before they have to start ponying up for DD, Val and Ross. That way they could head into the tax once they've got that core established. Either that, or you're basically gonna have to work something out with DD on the side in advance to where he helps recruit and then signs his contract afterwards. Not unheard of, but makes things complicated.

Comment

We need to sign him and that would leave us with back up Centre, SF and PF issues to deal with.
                                SF or PF can probably be addressed through the draft, at least with the future in mind. Maybe even backup center too.

A few minor tweaks and a new coach and I think we take the division again. The Atlantic is going to be super weak next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X