Small Forward and Backup Center + Vince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

planetmars wrote: View Post
    Offensively he's a PF - no handles.. has an okay shot not great. But defensively I think he should be able to guard 2 positions. I'd only really consider him if 2Pat is not coming back.
    THat would make tons of sense, but otherwise it's difficult to fit him in with our roster...at least IMO. He can defend 3s, but to best utilize him offensively you'd have to have another spacer on the floor...which oddly enough with our roster means playing minutes with Patterson. But then it's hard to start him as well. A lineup with JV, Amir and Thad in the frontcourt is really not ideal. And then you're putting a lot of onus on the coach to really juggle the rotations and making it too complex.

It's not the worst option, but given we'd have to trade for him, I just don't see the point unless we let go of one of our main PFs, Amir or Pat.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
      If a player can guard the best opposing player 1 on 1 he is the SF. Think Marion, Ariza, Deng.
      None of those guys have the kind of offensive game Young does though. He can do more than Marion, but Ariza and Deng have more traditional wing skills that are easier to fit into a lineup with 2 bigs.

Comment

But Ariza and Deng would be more expensive and multi year contracts.Thad is a free agent after next year so is green. Gives enough time to develop someone in the draft.

Comment

I've seen Thad take and make a lot more 3's this year don't know how well he shot it but looked alright
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Deng is a FA. We need to go after him.

Comment

I think we should also look at making a bid to trade for Tony Allen. Great defense and versatility and isn't a liability offensively. Great motor and should be good for a bench role at only a $5 M cap hit. I also think they should go hard at Noah, unlikely, but would be a perfect player to play with Amir/Valanciunas/Pattersen rotation.

Comment

Tony Allen is a guard and his value increased during the playoffs. Paying 5 mil seems like a lot to play for a non rotational player unless it means trading away DD or Ross

Comment

JDDJ wrote: View Post
                  I think we should also look at making a bid to trade for Tony Allen. Great defense and versatility and isn't a liability offensively. Great motor and should be good for a bench role at only a $5 M cap hit. I also think they should go hard at Noah, unlikely, but would be a perfect player to play with Amir/Valanciunas/Pattersen rotation.
                  Allen is overrated. He makes dumb mistakes. He actually can be a liability offensively. We can find players for the same role that will cost less and won't come with that bit of crazy/stupid he has.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    Deng is a FA. We need to go after him.
                    I've been saying this for a while now and i'm still convinced that he's our best option (Loul Deng). Hopefully Masai can make it happen.... he's been injured so i'm thinking he wouldn't cost as much as he would if he made the all-star team again this year. Who else would fit as well? Luol Deng just turned 29 so i don't think his age should be an issue.

Comment

special1 wrote: View Post
                      I've been saying this for a while now and i'm still convinced that he's our best option (Loul Deng). Hopefully Masai can make it happen.... he's been injured so i'm thinking he wouldn't cost as much as he would if he made the all-star team again this year. Who else would fit as well? Luol Deng just turned 29 so i don't think his age should be an issue.
                      I like Deng a lot too but I think he will demand too much money. Chicago traded him because he wanted too much money and that was a really good situation for him. If he isn't willing to lower the price for Chicago I don't see him lowering the price for us or anyone else.
                      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

What's the story with Ed Davis? He was showing some real growth before BC traded him for Rudy Gay, but since then it seems like he's disappeared off the map. Has anyone seen any Memphis games this year or follow that team at all? I know he's playing behind Gasol and Randolph which doesn't guarantee a lot of minutes, but I also know Gasol was injured for a while this past season yet nothing noteworthy on Davis. Is he in a funk? Shitty situation? I was really excited about the prospect of Valanciunas and Davis as our front court of the future before BC fucked it all up to save the job he doesn't have anymore.
                        Last edited by nubreed000; Mon May 5, 2014, 05:21 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                          What's the story with Ed Davis? He was showing some real growth before BC traded him for Rudy Gay, but since then it seems like he's disappeared off the map. Has anyone seen any Memphis games this year or follow that team at all? I know he's playing behind Gasol and Randolph, but I know Gasol was injured for a while this past season yet nothing noteworthy on Davis.
                          The story with Davis is that he's barely developed any skills at all the whole time he's been in the league, regardless of situation and excuses about being lower on the depth chart. He's a PF who doesn't have the strength to bang with bigger guys, and is effective but very limitied offensively. He's an average bench PF basically. Nothing special.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            The story with Davis is that he's barely developed any skills at all the whole time he's been in the league, regardless of situation and excuses about being lower on the depth chart. He's a PF who doesn't have the strength to bang with bigger guys, and is effective but very limitied offensively. He's an average bench PF basically. Nothing special.
                            Well that's shitty

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
                              I like Deng a lot too but I think he will demand too much money. Chicago traded him because he wanted too much money and that was a really good situation for him. If he isn't willing to lower the price for Chicago I don't see him lowering the price for us or anyone else.
                              I think Deng will stay put in Cleveland. They will offer him the most money because they'll look like clowns if Deng leaves after what they gave up to get him.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                                Well that's shitty
                                Sorry, just my take.

Comment

Working...
                                X