Small Forward and Backup Center + Vince

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote:
    If you can get a guy who would develop into Kawhi Leonard it's worth the wait. We can still win the division next year with some minor tweaks, the draft picks, and a new coach. Philly, Boston, and Knicks will probably be pretty bad, and the Nets won't be getting any better. The division is ours for the taking.
    Have you seen McDaniels play? Has anybody? Have been curious about him but haven't seen him, and his ability to play a gritty physical game really is what I want to know about, since his size is pretty average. Kawhi definitely has that, and along with his length really helps make up for his average size.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Apparently Andres nocioni wants to make a come back. I don't know about you guys but I'd love to have him as a veteran wing. He makes some dirty plays, but he plays very tough perimeter D and he's a good 3 pt shooter. I haven't seen him play recently, hopefully he still has something left in the tank cause he would be the guy I'd want to guard guys like joe Johnson and fuck with their heads.
      I hated him when he played for the bulls, which means I would love him if he plays for us
      I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Today highlighted our need for a consistent starting Power Forward. I'd say that takes precedent over a Backup Center.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Have you seen McDaniels play? Has anybody? Have been curious about him but haven't seen him, and his ability to play a gritty physical game really is what I want to know about, since his size is pretty average. Kawhi definitely has that, and along with his length really helps make up for his average size.
          I didn't watch a ton of him, but draftsxpress has a pretty good and recent breakdown of his play. He's supposed to be able to effectively guard 4 positions. I just picked him as an example though. There will be lots of good SF and PF at our pick in the 1st round. If Ujiri scouts right, which I'm sure he will, we'll get a really good player who fits a need. Likely a long term starter (maybe not in their 1st year), which alters our free agent needs.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            I don't know man, he is like 38 years old, he could hit the Steve Nash wall any minute.

Besides this kind of bullsh1t belongs on the Nets

That's not bullshit. As an ESPN color commentator would tell you, that's 'veteran experience'.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              The real truth of it is if Terrence Ross was able to parlay his regular season numbers into the playoffs, we win this series. Doesn't mean we go far, but if he had managed to find a way to break through his shooting slump, or if he had managed to start hustling prior to Game 7, no one would be talking about trading him today.
              Here is the weird thing.

Ross had a shit series. Game 7 however he was good on both sides. He showed he could get to the rim easily, had a decent handle, made some good passes, and has for the most part defended well all series. The ball did stick in his hands a bit and his shot was off, not by the virtue of taking bad shots though.

DD had a very good series. He put up some points, got to the line very well. But, struggled dribbling, passing, and got destroyed defensively, took a lot of tough shots.

So at the end of the day if I'm looking forward...I'm still seeing Ross as a don't trade guy

Primer wrote: View Post
              Basically, I don't see anything big happening with the roster in the offseason. Definitely could use a new coach though.
              I am seeing 1 trade, which is a splash of a trade. The rest will involve resigning players, waiving Salmons, drafting, and of course getting a new coach.

Joey wrote: View Post
              Today highlighted our need for a consistent starting Power Forward. I'd say that takes precedent over a Backup Center.
              A starting PF means Amir and Pattman could be our backup 4 and 5 unit...which would be incredibly strong compared to the league. That said, I am perfectly fine to have Amir stay as the starting PF for a few more years because with the emergence of Val and Pattman we wont have to lean on him for as many minutes during the regular season so he can stay healthy....and a healthy Amir is a consistent Amir

Comment

Not a fan of adding a stop-gap player like Deng, or any panic trades in general. Would much prefer Jeff Green to Deng though if one of those two panic options would be acquired. MU has to be patient, that's all I can ask.

Something useful from the draft, a serviceable small forward who can shoot a bit and defend would be ideal either from the draft, FA or trade , as well as possibly a backup center like Jordan Hill. (Hardly any C interests me on the FA Market)
                Amir/Pat as the main backup bigs and upgrading the PF is intriguing though.

Comment

BigCamB wrote: View Post
                  Not a fan of adding a stop-gap player like Deng, or any panic trades in general. Would much prefer Jeff Green to Deng though if one of those two panic options would be acquired. MU has to be patient, that's all I can ask.

Something useful from the draft, a serviceable small forward who can shoot a bit and defend would be ideal either from the draft, FA or trade , as well as possibly a backup center like Jordan Hill. (Hardly any C interests me on the FA Market)
                  Amir/Pat as the main backup bigs and upgrading the PF is intriguing though.
                  Really, for me, Okafor is the only one. Only question mark is health. I really don't know what to expect. But he'll be looking to prove himself, and probably won't cost a lot given he just missed an entire season. It was for a herniated disk in his neck though, so if he recovered, he'll be nice and fresh.

Comment

Really, for me, Okafor is the only one. Only question mark is health. I really don't know what to expect. But he'll be looking to prove himself, and probably won't cost a lot given he just missed an entire season. It was for a herniated disk in his neck though, so if he recovered, he'll be nice and fresh.
                    Yep. I'm not good with contracts, so I'm not sure how much he would cost, I was thinking maybe a bit more than I'd be willing to spend but you're probably right that his value could've plummeted in which case he'd be good.

Comment

Thaddeus Young and Ersan Ilyasova would be a good front court pairing
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                        Always liked Young.. Not a big Ilyasova fan though but his stock would be really low right now. You could probably get him for a combination of Fields, Novak and a 2nd rounder

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                          Am I missing something? Why do people think Young fits as a SF? (Sorry if that's not your intent at all and you want him at PF)

He doesn't have dependable range. He doesn't have SF level ballhandling or passing skills. He has a tweener body and athleticism that fits that mould. He is quick for a PF, but average (ok maybe a bit above average, but nothing spectacular) for a SF. And given that, he's not strong or long enough to really abuse bigger SFs. I just don't get it...He'd be great if they wanted to use him as a 6th man type PF...but I just don't see him fitting at SF in terms of a full time wing player. Philly tried developing him that way for his first few years, and it wasn't working. I think he has a PF's game in a tweener's body.
                          Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon May 5, 2014, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Am I missing something? Why do people think Young fits as a SF? (Sorry if that's not your intent at all and you want him at PF)

He doesn't have dependable range. He doesn't have SF level ballhandling or passing skills. He has a tweener body and athleticism that fits that mould. He is quick for a PF, but average (ok maybe a bit above average, but nothing spectacular) for a SF. And given that, he's not strong or long enough to really abuse bigger SFs. I just don't get it...He'd be great if they wanted to use him as a 6th man type PF...but I just don't see him fitting at SF in terms of a full time wing player. Philly tried developing him that way for his first few years, and it wasn't working. I think he has a PF's game in a tweener's body.
                            Offensively he's a PF - no handles.. has an okay shot not great. But defensively I think he should be able to guard 2 positions. I'd only really consider him if 2Pat is not coming back.

Comment

If a player can guard the best opposing player 1 on 1 he is the SF. Think Marion, Ariza, Deng.

Comment

Thad Young fits too

Comment

Working...
                                X